Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Freshwater did a good job at OM but he also caught the perfect storm of an awesome QB one year and a super soft schedule the next.

I could see him doing very average at Auburn.
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That talk to the team Tuesday was a complete disaster. Weds practice must have been god awful. There is some push back to what he told the team yesterday. Some people are saying he never told them point blank he was absolutely staying. Then instead of signing the extension right then in front of his team, he said he'd sign it today before the game.

There are Auburn folks still saying it's Kiffin.
    Just heard from a rank and file Rebel, who probably heard from a rank and file Rebel, so for whatever it is worth .....

anyways.... Carter isn't happy today that Kiffin didn't sign last night. Supposedly Carter is putting the pressure on today as I type.

My .02, Very telling he won't sign.

vCash
    Let's get this straight.

Kiffin said he is "likely to stay". He never said "I'm staying! **** those Leg Humpers! Now give me that extension to sign, now!" And this is what some in their fan base want you to believe is what happened. This was just as worthless as his Tuesday talk to the team.

vCash
    Freshwater did a good job at OM but he also caught the perfect storm of an awesome QB one year and a super soft schedule the next.

He also did well at FAU. He's 14-9 (.609) in sec games at OM. Mullen's winning % at state overall was .600. Yeah, kiffin is winning sec games as a higher clip than mullen won overall here... that's impressive. Kiffin is outstanding, and I don't want him at OM

vCash

Good assessment. And I think he's a good coach but he's certainly not elite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He also did well at FAU. He's 14-9 (.609) in sec games at OM. Mullen's winning % at state overall was .600. Yeah, kiffin is winning sec games as a higher clip than mullen won overall here... that's impressive. Kiffin is outstanding, and I don't want him at OM
    14-10 right?

But regardless, yea he's good. I could argue how good considering he's gotten vandy every year and avoided uga, so probably worth at least 1-2 games over that stretch. But I can't argue he's not done a good job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think he's good, but I'm not sold that he's great. I know you're a stats guy, which is why you were off on Jimbo so bad. Stats said Jimbo was great.......until they didn't anymore. He's a terrible HC and might be completely unemployed in a year or 2. Kiffin has been great at ole miss but there were contributing factors as has been pointed out. I didn't follow him at FAU but I'm sure he got a bump in recruiting due to his name alone and the fact that he was endorsed by Saban. Time will tell though. He's certainly done well at ole miss and I won't miss him.

vCash

There are so many factors that go into a good coaching situation. He followed a coach who guided them through probation. And he had the talent to make it work and a favorable schedule.

Similar to Dan replacing Croom.

vCash
    What Kiffin allegedly said to the team last night was far less definitive than Tuberville's pine box statement and we know how that ended up.
    It's obvious that Kiffin is immature from various actions and I think he is just enjoying people fighting over him.
    I'm beginning to think he really hasn't decided and he thinks this is all fun and wants to keep it going as long as he can.
    And even if he stays at Ole Miss they know this will take place at the end of every year forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    What Kiffin allegedly said to the team last night was far less definitive than Tuberville's pine box statement and we know how that ended up.
    It's obvious that Kiffin is immature from various actions and I think he is just enjoying people fighting over him.
    I'm beginning to think he really hasn't decided and he thinks this is all fun and wants to keep it going as long as he can.
    And even if he stays at Ole Miss they know this will take place at the end of every year forward.
    Unless they decide to leave him on a Tarmac first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Unless they decide to leave him on a Tarmac first.
    Excellent!

vCash
    Kiffin told the players last night that he was "staying and will coach here next year. But if something changes you'll be the first to know, you won't find out from social media", basically.

So he has the team believing he is staying as of today. I know that for absolute fact.

Is that just as a courtesy to Ole Miss and to keep his team focused? Maybe. But what an awful look it would be now for him to announce he's leaving Friday. However, he definitely left himself a bit of an "out" if needed.

Personally, I still don't think he's leaving. I think we lose handily, he announces he's staying with a monster contract and now a buffed up NIL, their fans feel like they're super bowl champs, and Leach stays as well....and we come out with a typical MSU 0-fer on the weekend, and can focus on hoops. But I've been told I can be a bit pessimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Kiffin told the players last night that he was "staying and will coach here next year. But if something changes you'll be the first to know, you won't find out from social media", basically.

So he has the team believing he is staying as of today. I know that for absolute fact.

Is that just as a courtesy to Ole Miss and to keep his team focused? Maybe. But what an awful look it would be now for him to announce he's leaving Friday. However, he definitely left himself a bit of an "out" if needed.

Personally, I still don't think he's leaving. I think we lose handily, he announces he's staying with a monster contract and now a buffed up NIL, their fans feel like they're super bowl champs, and Leach stays as well....and we come out with a typical MSU 0-fer on the weekend, and can focus on hoops. But I've been told I can be a bit pessimistic.
    Damn. I'm going to take a nap now. You crushed my soul. Reality realized.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Damn. I'm going to take a nap now. You crushed my soul. Reality realized.....
    Sorry bro. I have been wrong before (at least once I'm sure, lol)

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Lane Kiffin is going to be coaching at Auburn next year. It really isn’t very hard to see what’s going on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lane Kiffin is going to be coaching at Auburn next year. It really isn’t very hard to see what’s going on here.
    Yep!

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    This little report last night was nothing more than dying things down until the game is over
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    This is going to upset the negative Nellies & Bear lovers on here.

vCash
    Regardless, the damage is done! There?s doubt in everyone?s minds from players, fans, administration, and boosters moving forward. If he stays, they know they will be doing this every year, and we know what that does to a fan base and recruiting. Sexton will be shopping his ass season to season, and he knows that he?s got OM by the short hairs!

vCash
    You got it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Regardless, the damage is done! There?s doubt in everyone?s minds from players, fans, administration, and boosters moving forward. If he stays, they know they will be doing this every year, and we know what that does to a fan base and recruiting. Sexton will be shopping his ass season to season, and he knows that he?s got OM by the short hairs!
    This! Nailed it!