Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yeah, I was scratching my head on that one too. When you had one of the world's wealthiest individuals all in on your athletic program resources are not a problem.
    Regardless of one rich benefactor, a quick Google shows multiple lists that have Oklahoma State well outside the top ~20 in athletic budgets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Regardless of one rich benefactor, a quick Google shows multiple lists that have Oklahoma State well outside the top ~20 in athletic budgets.
    They are usually 25-30th nationally. But that puts them pretty consistently 4th in the Big 12. So in relation to their conference revenue and expenses, they are solidly upper tier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    They are usually 25-30th nationally. But that puts them pretty consistently 4th in the Big 12. So in relation to their conference revenue and expenses, they are solidly upper tier.
    You can nitpick on whether "4th in a 10 team conference" is "upper tier" or not all you want, but what Gundy has done with the 25-30th nationally program is amazing.

vCash
    You can nitpick on whether "4th in a 10 team conference" is "upper tier" or not all you want, but what Gundy has done with the 25-30th nationally program is amazing.
    That's not nitpicking. That's a factual ranking. I wasn't downplaying his job but they are not punching well above their weight class. He has had them at their ceiling multiple times, great job. It's been a great fit. But their financial resources match their league standings as well.

vCash
    Their athletic budget is in line with others in their conference. And athletic budget doesn't tell the whole story. They have some of the best facilities in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, Kiffin didn't quell anything. He never said I'm staying. That's what they wanted to hear.

Also, FWIW, rumors are Egg practice for them has been really lackluster. The coaches seem preoccupied about something.
    Sounds good. It appears that if OM is going to try to outbid Auburn then Kiffin will be the highest paid coach in college football. Sexton and Kiffin control the full deck of cards in this game.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-23-2022 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Sounds good. It appears that if OM is going to try to outbid Auburn then Kiffin will be the highest paid coach in college football. Sexton and Kiffin control the full deck of cards in this game.
    Per Not A fan, Kiffin interviewed via Zoom yesterday and knocked it out of the park. He is expecting Auburn to officially offer today.

So there's a chance, just a chance, that Kiffin says eff it and bails to AU before coaching the Egg. If he Tennessee's OM I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

vCash
    Per Not A fan, Kiffin interviewed via Zoom yesterday and knocked it out of the park. He is expecting Auburn to officially offer today.

So there's a chance, just a chance, that Kiffin says eff it and bails to AU before coaching the Egg. If he Tennessee's OM I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
    No chance he doesn't finish the regular season with UM.

vCash

I think Not A Fan may be behind the times. Kiffin supposedly interviewed last week and Chuck Rounsaville reported last night that he was offered the job yesterday afternoon.

vCash
    I think Not A Fan may be behind the times. Kiffin supposedly interviewed last week and Chuck Rounsaville reported last night that he was offered the job yesterday afternoon.
    Interesting.

I'd say either way, he gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's not nitpicking. That's a factual ranking. I wasn't downplaying his job but they are not punching well above their weight class. He has had them at their ceiling multiple times, great job. It's been a great fit. But their financial resources match their league standings as well.
    Personally, I think a team outside the top 25 in budget finishing inside the top 25 in 10 of the last 14 years is "punching well above their weight class," especially when 9 of those are top 20 and and 5 are top 15.

vCash
    Interesting.

I'd say either way, he gone.
    Rumors were 6 year at $75 or 77 Million, but like I said it is only rumors. Some OM people are upset with Kiffin because he is playing this like it's a game or a joke with the trolling on the internet and stuff.

vCash
    Rumors were 6 year at $75 or 77 Million, but like I said it is only rumors. Some OM people are upset with Kiffin because he is playing this like it's a game with the trolling on the internet and stuff.
    It is a game to him because lane is a big ol narcissist and doesn't give a crap about anyone else. He does love him some lane though, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    With the money that Ole Miss is throwing out there, lots of coaches are going to entertain ole miss to get a raise where they currently are.

I can see Jamey Chadwell ending up at Ole Miss

But you can believe that the big names will be out there because of the ole miss media

Expect multiple power 5 head coaching names that some of these idiots spew out there

One said earlier today that they could pull mike norvell away from Florida state

But Honestly ill throw a wild card out there for ole miss

Mike Gundy

I have heard that he wants out of oklahoma state
    Chadwell at Ole Miss would be even worse for us than Kiffin. I hope their AD stays out of Conway SC and Winston Salem. Chadwell is an elite coach that has sustained success at a program he solely built from the ground up. I want him in Starkville not Oxford. That would be a nightmare if Ole Miss hires him.

vCash
    Personally, I think a team outside the top 25 in budget finishing inside the top 25 in 10 of the last 14 years is "punching well above their weight class," especially when 9 of those are top 20 and and 5 are top 15.
    I mean it's kind of relative though. He's had some really good teams, but the weakness of the conference has helped in the national rankings too. Put him with those teams in the SEC they are not winning that many games. But against his peers, his is doing good and keeping them closer to their ceiling. Their budget is reflective of that. They are an upper tier Big 12 team financially and his is matching that record wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It is a game to him because lane is a big ol narcissist and doesn't give a crap about anyone else. He does love him some lane though, lol
    Yep, I agree CC. Some of the OM media think some of his comments made in the press conference were a slap in the face to the OM football program. Like the pine box, Saban comment and about water dripping on the floor where they had to temporarily hold the press conference,
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-23-2022 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Incredibly true post.
    Yep gotta hope they don?t make a good hire. If they got Lane quality coach that would really suck. At least until pods get here and we don?t have to play everyone in the west each year

vCash
    Richard Cross tweeted out that ole miss has done everything to retain Lane Kiffin but it looks like he has chosen Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Chadwell at Ole Miss would be even worse for us than Kiffin. I hope their AD stays out of Conway SC and Winston Salem. Chadwell is an elite coach that has sustained success at a program he solely built from the ground up. I want him in Starkville not Oxford. That would be a nightmare if Ole Miss hires him.
    Main name floating around is Luke Fickell.

vCash
    Richard Cross tweeted out that ole miss has done everything to retain Lane Kiffin but it looks like he has chosen Auburn.
    I didn't think Cross was man enough to concede that.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 11-23-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.