Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Mike Gundy
    That better not be true. He's easily a top 5 coach in America, given what he's done with a relative lack of resources compared to the elites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    That better not be true. He's easily a top 5 coach in America, given what he's done with a relative lack of resources compared to the elites.
    His glory days are over

vCash
    Temple and Baylor both got worse under Rhule before they got better. Temple wasn't in shambles at all. Baylor was already over the worst of it and went 7-6 in the interim year after Briles under Jim Grobe. They weren't losing to FCS teams until Rhule got there.

I think Rhule is an above average coach, but he's way too glorified all on the basis of a single good year out of 10.
    That's not true at all. Concerning Baylor. Art was fired before the season of 2016, the AD left, players left after the season and Stidham opted out and all but 1 player dropped their commitment during the 2016 season. He took over right after it imploded. That was textbook shambles.

Temple wasn't in shambles but Addozio left it in the middle of a down turn he was responsible for. Again, He was 4-7 the year he left for BC.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-22-2022 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    shut up stupid. Miss State hasnt been in shambles since before Tyler in the 70's
    Hey stupid fat ****. You spent two years telling us how in shambles the program was under Moorhead. Now go eat shit and kick rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I dunno. The Kangs last 3 years and the croom error were pretty rough.
    Not like 67-73/ But we did upset the rebs in 1970/

vCash
    Not true. You, again, don't know what you are talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Not true. You, again, don't know what you are talking about.
    There aren't many coaches who could do this at Oklahoma State, not many at all:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    His glory days are over
    He finished #7 last year, so maybe not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Not like 67-73/ But we did upset the rebs in 1970/
    That was before my time. That must have been hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    That was before my time. That must have been hell.
    Basedog was a student back then.

vCash
    He finished #7 last year, so maybe not?
    Wow. I missed that. Another example of how wrong I am when I think I know what I'm talking about.

vCash
    Good coach but he is 3-15 in the bedlam rivalry. OU dominated his ass. That's still better than Leach in the apple cup and Egg bowl.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Good coach but he is 3-15 in the bedlam rivalry. OU dominated his ass. That's still better than Leach in the apple cup and Egg bowl.
    True, but the recruiting talent gap between those two teams is pretty significant. Ole Miss is going to go get someone who is known to be a recruiter, because winning on signing day always seems to be their number one goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Basedog was a student back then.
    Well, I was a student in 1964 and saw us beat OM for the first time in 17 years! Basedog has nothing on me!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Mike Gundy has a lack of resources at Oklahoma State?

You might want to dig into that a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Mike Gundy has a lack of resources at Oklahoma State?

You might want to dig into that a little bit.
    Yeah, I was scratching my head on that one too. When you had one of the world's wealthiest individuals all in on your athletic program resources are not a problem.

vCash
    Back on topic.

Per Not A Fan: Lane met with the team yesterday and told them he has not accepted another job offer BUT if things change he will tell them first.

And the extension is still on his desk unsigned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duncflydawg View Post
    True, but the recruiting talent gap between those two teams is pretty significant. Ole Miss is going to go get someone who is known to be a recruiter, because winning on signing day always seems to be their number one goal.
    Mike Gundy also has a ranch outside Stillwater and spends his summers baking hay so there is no way he would fit in at OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Back on topic.

Per Not A Fan: Lane met with the team yesterday and told them he has not accepted another job offer BUT if things change he will tell them first.

And the extension is still on his desk unsigned.
    Yep, but Kiffin didn't tell them he was not interested in another school and that he hadn't already met with another school concerning a potential contract either. Not A Fan probably got his info from Chris Low with ESPN , who was on the plane with Kiffin when he first arrived at OM as their new HC.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-23-2022 at 10:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Yep, but Kiffin didn't tell them he was not interested in another school and that he hadn't already met with another school concerning a potential contract either. Not A Fan probably got his info from Chris Low with ESPN , who was on the plane with Kiffin when he first arrived at OM as their new HC.
    Yeah, Kiffin didn't quell anything. He never said I'm staying. That's what they wanted to hear.

Also, FWIW, rumors are Egg practice for them has been really lackluster. The coaches seem preoccupied about something.