Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yes. Not to mention distract from what Coach Caddy is doing before the Iron Bowl.
    Yeah. That?s the part I don?t get if he indeed leaked this. All seems to childish for the positions they?re in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    So let?s say Cohen did leak this to Jon Solokof?.would this not start Cohen and Kiffin out on the wrong foot in having a working relationship when he gets to AU?
    Again- Cohen isn't going to tell Lane that he leaked this if it even was him start with.

Very simple:

Lane: "Hey John- how did me taking the Auburn job get leaked out?

Cohen: "Hell if I know"

THE END

vCash
    Lets not get lost from the fact that none of this matters if we dont skulldrag them pissers in 69ish hours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Yeah. That?s the part I don?t get if he indeed leaked this. All seems to childish for the positions they?re in.
    This literally happened to us every year Dan Mullen was our coach except for maybe 2016 and 2009.

It got the point for me where I didn't believe the Florida and Tennessee rumors for awhile because rumors like that popped up every year and never ended up being true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Again- Cohen isn't going to tell Lane that he leaked this if it even was him start with.

Very simple:

Lane: "Hey John- how did me taking the Auburn job get leaked out?

Cohen: "Hell if I know"

THE END
    Yeah this isn't rocket science. They play these kinda games all the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen trying the same strategy that got him the MSU AD job. Cohen supposedly leaked the story while Keenum was still interviewing candidates.
    Stricklin leaked that.

vCash
    You guys were always hard on John. Guy is playing 4D chess there.

vCash
    But to be honest, everyone knows Cadillac isn?t going to magically win the position and he even knows that. AU naming Kiffin as the head coach before the iron bowl won?t mean they?ll not be focused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    But to be honest, everyone knows Cadillac isn?t going to magically win the position and he even knows that. AU naming Kiffin as the head coach before the iron bowl won?t mean they?ll not be focused
    This

vCash
    Umm I think y’all are being trolled.

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/stat...zMmkfuqsL8q4gg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Umm I think y’all are being trolled.

Looks to me like he is overcompensating for some reason.

Pretty bizarre way to handle this rumor. You NEVER saw Dan or anyone else act like that.

vCash
    That's a thing of the past. These players are out for themselves. Not a criticism- just reality and I don't blame them. There is potentially millions on the line for these guys. If anything I think it could be the opposite because with the portal which didn't exist when Knute Rockne was around these players follow coaches to an extent. Remember- a lot of Ole Miss's players aren't from Mississippi or Memphis.

I agree on all points. However, if I'm Auburn it's good to make sure that everyone knows who the coach is just in case Cadillac pulls the upset of the century. I don't expect that to happen or anything like that. But Cohen did get into a bit of a hairy deal a little but with Gary Henderson when he took us to Omaha. Weird things can happen in sports.

100%

Auburn knows that if somehow Cadillac pulls off the upset of the year , a certain segment of the Auburn Family will riot if they do not hire Caddy.

Leak the kiffin hire

Demoralize the players sort of that wanted caddy to be the head coach

This is all going to plan.

vCash
    It's business. And Cohen can be ruthless at times. Who knows? It may not be Cohen. But Sokoloff has been right before when it involved Cohen. If it's not Cohen it's someone likely connected to him.

So? He's not a candidate anyway.
    It?s Either

1. Someone from Auburn that wants to get it out there to make the fans at ole miss turn on kiffin and make sure auburn knows the next coach in case caddy pulls off the unthinkable

Or

2. A pissed off Ole Miss person who wants to ruin lane?s image.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It?s Either

1. Someone from Auburn that wants to get it out there to make the fans at ole miss turn on kiffin and make sure auburn knows the next coach in case caddy pulls off the unthinkable

Or

2. A pissed off Ole Miss person who wants to ruin lane?s image.
    Maybe it was that used car salesman Chapman.

vCash

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    No clue who this guy is but he sounds pretty confident https://twitter.com/jonsokoloff/stat...88JoGoioNofdcQ
    https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/stat...70642595201024

Not turning out to be true, I'm afraid.
    "I do have a Viking axe by the bed, if I need to whack someone. My wife bought me a Viking axe.
    The axe side curls down so you can grab the adversary around the neck and you can use it to climb walls, as a grappling hook."

-Mike Leach on Home Defense

vCash
    Maybe it was used as a “Let’s Rally around Caddy” kind of thing. I mean they know he isn’t getting it cause they already introduced Kiffen, Bama is beatable this year, so let’s give them some motivation to send Caddy off in the sunlight.

I can kinda see the point. If Friday comes and goes tho and Kiffen is still at Oxford, well then all of this was nothing but a distraction from the get go…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Umm I think y?all are being trolled.

That is not what being trolled means

vCash
    It breaking this early and starting to spiral out of control on Twitter might end up spooking either Lane or some of the AU boosters from completing this deal.

vCash
    This literally happened to us every year Dan Mullen was our coach except for maybe 2016 and 2009.
    So you're saying the AD at (insert school here) trying to hire Mullen away, leaked to the media that he/she was hiring Mullen?

I always assumed it was Mullen's agent leaking Mullen here and there to drive up negotiations.

vCash
    Yellawood box.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.