Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Lane has been offered a extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The other possibility is that he hasn't been offered the AU job, and he hasn't signed the extension because he is waiting on an AU offer.
    According to Chuck Rounsaville , Kiffin got an offer from Auburn yesterday afternoon. So we will see how it all plays out. Kiffin is treating this as a joke by trolling on social media, and took what some think were some jabs at the OM football program at his press conference on Monday and some of the OM people are upset with the way he is handling this situation.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-23-2022 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, I posted that before you posted in the other thread.
    No problem......Wasn't anything negative toward you. I was just updating on this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    No problem......Wasn't anything negative toward you. I was just updating on this thread.
    No, it's cool.

It's kinda weird Chuck and Not A fan are not on the same page.

vCash
    No, it's cool.

It's kinda weird Chuck and Not A fan are not on the same page.
    Yeah it is but I guess if you are "Not A Fan" you may just not be quite in the know as somebody who is "A Fan". But none of the 247 Mods were aware either, but they probably don't communicate anymore being on competing sites.

vCash
    Yeah it is but I guess if you are "Not A Fan" you may just not be quite in the know as somebody who is "A Fan". But none of the 247 Mods were aware either, but they probably don't communicate anymore being on competing sites.
    Good point.

vCash
    We will see Lane call a very mediocre game Thursday night. Dart, Judkins and any other player going with him ain't gonna be put into a situation that ruins their playing time at Auburn.

And the other coaches won't exactly have their minds on it either.
    We probably have the best setup for the OM game we possibly could have (since we have to play at Vaught-Hemingway) with all the distractions and it looks like a bunch of rain soaked sharks who do decide to attend. I hope we don't blow this opportunity.

vCash
    I would look forward to playing OM in the future without Lane no matter who they get. He will also probably have a large # of OM players follow him, leaving the new coach to rebuild. After TX/OK join the SEC, doubt AU is a set opponent and we see less of AU led Lane. Hail State!

vCash
    We probably have the best setup for the OM game we possibly could have (since we have to play at Vaught-Hemingway) with all the distractions and it looks like a bunch of rain soaked sharks who do decide to attend. I hope we don't blow this opportunity.
    Except for the fact that we aren't heading to the SEC Championship game, it reminds me a lot of 1998 Egg Bowl. I was there for that one and we were shouting "Auburn" during the 4th quarter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Except for the fact that we aren't heading to the SEC Championship game, it reminds me a lot of 1998 Egg Bowl. I was there for that one and we were shouting "Auburn" during the 4th quarter
    JJ ran over and thru em all nite

vCash
    Why not just sign it and put all the speculation to rest? If he is staying this cant be helping with recruiting or current players.
    Normally, when coach extensions are announced it is after they are already signed, not when they are offered. I understand OM putting the word out about the offer so the AD can say "hey, we tried to lock him in" in the event Lane is leaving.

As I see it the only benefit to delay signing the extension, if he is staying, would be to garner some extra media attention at the presser when he makes the announcement to stay.
    As soon as he signs it, he loses leverage.

vCash
    any news is good news for a narcissist. Kiffin fits that profile to a Tee

vCash
    75-77 for 6 years? Wow. OM cant offer $12.5 per year.

Maybe this latest round of "he's staying" is nothing more than OM trying to avoid an ugly scene Thursday night. Things got ugly in Knoxville the night he resigned at UT.

vCash
    If he was staying he would sign the extension and the university would be shouting it from every outlet available. This has become a huge distraction and has damaged the OM football team. Why would you do that if you were planning on sticking around. My guess is that it?s an agreement in principle and Lane will sign after the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    As soon as he signs it, he loses leverage.
    He has all the leverage now. The leaver cant get any longer.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The question is does he sign it right before the game, to fire them up? If he doesn't then he's gone

vCash
    I mean.....No. That's not true at all. If he had signed it already, then the negotiations end. There is no more leverage. He could gain a few more million by holding out another day or so and letting schools battle for him. Hell, there could be an offer come in at the last minute from another school. So he has leverage until he signs something. Then he loses it for at least a year.

vCash
    Yeah, I see it that way too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I mean.....No. That's not true at all. If he had signed it already, then the negotiations end. There is no more leverage. He could gain a few more million by holding out another day or so and letting schools battle for him. Hell, there could be an offer come in at the last minute from another school. So he has leverage until he signs something. Then he loses it for at least a year.
    I think he's waiting to see if a shoe drops with A&M.