Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding the Upgrading/Rebuilding of Dudy Noble....

vCash

Regarding the Upgrading/Rebuilding of Dudy Noble....

Guys if we continue playing and recruiting this well under Cohen, this new stadium idea could happen pretty quickly. Scott isn't afraid to raise and spend the money if we have a winning product on the field.

With that being said, I know some things were listed in a different thread, but let's dedicate this thread to ideas and things we have to have with a new stadium. Scott likely reads this board, and if not, he needs to, so we can tweet a link to this thread.

How much money will we need? 30 mil?

How will we raise it?

What changes need to be made? Concessions, Bathrooms, etc

How would you change the outfield situation?

What do we do down the left and right field lines?

Let's add some pictures of the best stadiums and their unique features, as well as things they did well that we can copy with our own unique twist. I will paste another pic of Isotopes when I get to my laptop.

Will James has some great ideas. Engie, Mstate7, Todd, and a few others in the other thread, had great ideas too. Let's combine them in to one thread and see if we can get the ball rolling. This is much needed at Dudy, and now is the time while the program is on the rise and the fans are enthusiastic. Cohen is building a damn winner, so let's give him a stadium to recruit to.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-20-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Put in a pro shop similar to what is at minor and major league stadiums. Is there any way to expand back towards The Hump? If we were able to do that, you can make a large flat area for standing room area above the grandstands like at Busch Stadium.

vCash
    Isotopes...

vCash
    South Carolina.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Isotopes...

Who is the bottom one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Who is the bottom one?
    Just a closer view of Isotopes

vCash
    Alot like I want us to redo right field at Dudy Noble(with lounges in front)

vCash
    I hope they keep what we have. They are terrified of the LFL and RFL contraptions. Think theyre a lawsuit waiting to happen. Which is ironic, considering they built the rfl deck that collapsed.

vCash
    Why can't they keep what we have with the lounges(put them on a height restriction in right) and simply build this terrace into the hill above it?

We have GOT to come up with a pure student section -- that is the only place I know to do it with even remotely decent sightline possibilities...

vCash

In a thrown together, shit drawing -- this is what I'm talking about doing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

In a thrown together, shit drawing -- this is what I'm talking about doing...
    I like it.

So you're saying the top of the right field wall would be at or near the ground level of the right field terrace for students?

vCash
    engie, common sense aint so common. what is best for us and what is best for others is different. I hope they get it right but we shall see. The lfl will always be there but they hate the make shift trailors. Politically, that cant be changed but that is what dudy noble is and I think most know that.

Youd be surprised how athletics work. They arent hardcores like us. The majority are more like a republican or democrat. Tote whatever is the line so they can stick around.

vCash
    engie, fyi, the small scoreboard to the left of the press box is called the "grisham board". John grisham had it placed there because he hated turning around and having to look up at the main board to catch the score when he sat in the lounge.

He is long gone now though. I cant believe the board still works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I like it.

So you're saying the top of the right field wall would be at or near the ground level of the right field terrace for students?
    Exactly. Basically just like OM's -- only closer to the field and beyond lounges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    engie, common sense aint so common. what is best for us and what is best for others is different. I hope they get it right but we shall see. The lfl will always be there but they hate the make shift trailors. Politically, that cant be changed but that is what dudy noble is and I think most know that.

Youd be surprised how athletics work. They arent hardcores like us. The majority are more like a republican or democrat. Tote whatever is the line so they can stick around.
    True -- but OM listening forces MSU to listen. The days of ignoring things like this are long over -- and thank goodness that I have the utmost faith in Stricklin to do it right if we're going to do it. We're bringing in enough $$ from the Bulldog Club now that we aren't hindered by the same "rules" as we were before. Literally as much in private athletics donations as anyone else in the conference.

Really, we just need to find the right person to hire as an engineering consultant that "certifies" the lounges every so often. This forces things that need to be fixed to actually happen...

OR we could go up on the prices to a reasonable level(to help pay for the new stadium) -- and raising prices will ultimately raise the quality of all the lounges.

vCash
    Agree on a lot of that. I think Strick needs to put his nuts out there for once. He is a middle of the road guy. That is good or bad. I guess he did stick his nuts out there for Ray when nobody wanted him and Payne was a done deal.

I just want an outside the box, innovator....Im not sure we will ever have that.....however, scott has our best interest in mind.

Edit - I love going 4-4 in the sec and going to the liberty bowl every year, but I would trade that out to win the SEC and NC every 5 years in baseball and pour money into that. We will NEVER spend or outdo bama, auburn, lsu, etc for football. We can in baseball. Possibly basketball. Kentucky doesnt try to beat TENN in football year in and out.....what about basketball?
    Last edited by Esmerelda Villalobos; 04-21-2013 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    Agree on a lot of that. I think Strick needs to put his nuts out there for once. He is a middle of the road guy. That is good or bad. I guess he did stick his nuts out there for Ray when nobody wanted him and Payne was a done deal.

I just want an outside the box, innovator....Im not sure we will ever have that.....however, scott has our best interest in mind.
    I feel like Scott is exactly what you're saying you want. He is constantly trying to stay ahead of the curve, and not afraid to spend money if it means a chance at putting MSU out there.

Not sure what more he could do right now, But maybe I'm reading it all wrong.

vCash
    as weird as it is, i dont want the the lounges to go up in quality. that is what makes it unique. safe, sure.....but keep them trashy

vCash
    I think scott does a good job. Not too many head scratchers other than Ray and sugarland. you DONT hire a band that isnt on the road touring unless you want to pay double. Great idea. Great genre. Great act. Just not right at the time unless you want to lose your ass.

vCash
    as weird as it is, i dont want the the lounges to go up in quality. that is what makes it unique. safe, sure.....but keep them trashy
    I agree. Are they talking about changing them?