Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mullen 2.0 starts next Sunday

vCash
    Not that I believe this, but I'd choose mullen over Leach in a heartbeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not that I believe this, but I'd choose mullen over Leach in a heartbeat
    I definitely prefer Mullen over Leach with an Air Raid QB that can't accurately throw beyond 20 yards of the LOS.

vCash
    Jackie S is close to a deal to return as Director of Player Motivation on Mullen’s staff. Word is though Sherrill is reluctant to give up his professor position teaching animal husbandry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Refresh my memory......has Bert called anything correctly?
    Berr is a part owner by different name. The clicks he gets does wonders for the site. Kudos to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You mean like Will Rogers and Gardner Minchew?**

We've already offered Petty at Starkville and the QB at Madison St Joe's is not a dual threat guy and is pretty highly thought of down the road.

The "Mississippi only produces this" is a complete MSU fan myth.

If we're smart we'll stay in the Air Raid tree.
    Regardless, I think we can all agree at ain't gonna be Mullen if/when leach leaves.
    I'm fine with an air raid if it looks anything like what Tennessee runs. Ours sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Well it has certainly put quite a few of them in orgasmic bliss *****
    Right. I bet they take back their girlfriends that cheat on them too.** Kind of sad. MSU fans can not let go of certain coaches. Polk, Stansbury, and Mullen.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, because he spent 2015-2017 looking for another job. Maybe even before that. Pretty obvious things weren't right when he won 9 games in 2015 and after the season he didn't get his contract extended out to 4 years. Apparently pissed off Dan enough that he gave our administration the bird by wearing shorts during the next season opener coaching against South Alabama.
    No doubt. And just because Dan didn't work out at Florida it in no way shape or form means he would be remorseful and be the coach his loving fans here would want him to be. Probably quite the opposite actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Regardless, I think we can all agree at ain't gonna be Mullen if/when leach leaves.
    I'm fine with an air raid if it looks anything like what Tennessee runs. Ours sucks.
    Which is why I would be more than happy with going after Deion. He runs a version of the Air Raid at Jackson State. And unlike Mullen he would improve our recruiting.

I hear fans say our version "sucks"- but we're averaging more PPG than we have since Dak was here. Right now we're averaging the third most PPG than we have since 2000- ranking behind 2014 and 2015 I believe. And actually have a chance with strong games against Ole Miss and the bowl to equal those numbers.

I keep asking for critics to give me some baseline of what they consider good in terms of PPG and I get some response with slanted stats. If we're averaging 30 PPG I consider that good. If we're averaging 35 PPG that's very good. If we're averaging 40 PPG- that's elite and probably the best in modern school history if I had to guess.

I think we have too many fans that are hyperfocused on running the ball that it skews what is actually going on.

vCash
    If no Mullen let's bring in Deion.

vCash
    No thanks. I'm not opposed to Dan from a football philosophy standpoint. I am opposed Dan for the way he perceived the MSU job AND the man couldn't/wouldn't even recruit kids to UF. Hard pass.

It makes me feel good to know the man has got the last one of my dollars he will ever get.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It's not gonna happen, but all the ones that hate him for leaving would leave their job for a better one too

vCash
    I mean, this is obviously trolling for clicks, so I guess shame on me for clicking. I give this about a 0.0001% chance of even being considered.

That said, I'm not talking about new coaches yet. It's no secret I've never been a fan of the Leach hire, but I would rather have him stay here for 10 more years than for him to have a major health issue that forces him to retire. I just hope he's ok. Not worried about a new coach until we find out if this health rumor thing is true or not, and I hope it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's not gonna happen, but all the ones that hate him for leaving would leave their job for a better one too
    I never hated him for leaving. He pissed me off HOW he left though. All he had to do was be humble, thank us for the opportunity, lie about how it was a gut-wrenching choice and that he would always be an MSU fan. Ring a cowbell one last time, actually go have a conversation with the team, then pack up and leave like every normal coach in the world. The way he left in a hurry without saying much, if anything, just reeked of how he thought he was above us. Like we would riot or something because we knew our "one shot" at ever being good was walking out the door. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    Leach will retire on Friday. Keenum is bringing the hunchback.... back. This deal has pretty much been in place since Halloween.
    Mullen will be announced Sunday.

Edited to add: it appears MSU is going to roll the dice and let the young gun have a shot at the AD position. Rhett Hobart will be announced shortly after the Mullen hire.
    If Leach retires, I'd be happy with Mullen coming back - assuming he stays as long as we want him to. It's our turn to decide now. He could probably even move back into his old house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Berr is a part owner by different name. The clicks he gets does wonders for the site. Kudos to them.
    Just incredibly lame by elitedawgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Dont look at me- I'm no longer a part owner. I have no idea if he is or isnt.

Bert could be Keenum
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Dont look at me- I'm no longer a part owner. I have no idea if he is or isnt.

Bert could be Keenum
    I could be mistaken but I am pretty certain when Robert Gates was president at A&M he posted on TexAgs so I guess crazier stuff has happened

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Hey, Christmas presents ain't gonna buy themselves! When the ED owners need some extra holiday scratch, they trot out Bert or MimmisBabies to drum up some hysteria. Solid strategy.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nothing
    LOL- NO, but it is sure fun reading all of the responses!! This is priceless!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is not true btw... We know who he is and he is not an owner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Hey, Christmas presents ain't gonna buy themselves! When the ED owners need some extra holiday scratch, they trot out Bert or MimmisBabies to drum up some hysteria. Solid strategy.***
    Thanks for the new 85" tv!