And he hangs it up after the Egg Bowl, first I hope he is ok. Second, I'm good gambling on Coach Prime; here's why:

1. We currently lack swag and NIL. Prime has enough swag to go around. He's cocky enough and driven enough to make a run at a place like MSU. Will instantly bring an edge and confidence to the program. He's got ties with Barstool, ESPN, and a go-zillion pro athletes and other businesses. He'll bring a charge to our NIL situation. Couple that with an AD that knows how to raise money and we might have something.

2. Cruit'n - there isn't a living room in the south that he can't get into. Doesn't matter if the family has ties to another program, he's still going to get a shot. All the kids and parents know who he is. He's the type of name and personality that all we need to do is be in the ballpark with NIL and see if he can close the gap. Also, he's been in MS for a few years now, he knows the coaches and HS programs so me need to build new relationships on a large scale.

3. Hey, he's never coached at a big time program? I can't argue that BUT he knows what big time football looks like he'll be fine

4. I like the fact that he'd be a CEO and recruiting type coach. Sick of getting a coach that's married to a single offensive or defensive style. Run the program, make game plans, allow yourself flexibility to adapt to new trends in offense or defense via coordinators.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of Coach Prime. Never have been BUT I've paid attention to him during his time in Jackson and looking at the way college football is evolving I think we could do a lot worse and what we really need for this program is some energy. What we don't need is another 55+ retread coach.