Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Leach rumors are true...

vCash

If the Leach rumors are true...

And he hangs it up after the Egg Bowl, first I hope he is ok. Second, I'm good gambling on Coach Prime; here's why:

1. We currently lack swag and NIL. Prime has enough swag to go around. He's cocky enough and driven enough to make a run at a place like MSU. Will instantly bring an edge and confidence to the program. He's got ties with Barstool, ESPN, and a go-zillion pro athletes and other businesses. He'll bring a charge to our NIL situation. Couple that with an AD that knows how to raise money and we might have something.

2. Cruit'n - there isn't a living room in the south that he can't get into. Doesn't matter if the family has ties to another program, he's still going to get a shot. All the kids and parents know who he is. He's the type of name and personality that all we need to do is be in the ballpark with NIL and see if he can close the gap. Also, he's been in MS for a few years now, he knows the coaches and HS programs so me need to build new relationships on a large scale.

3. Hey, he's never coached at a big time program? I can't argue that BUT he knows what big time football looks like he'll be fine

4. I like the fact that he'd be a CEO and recruiting type coach. Sick of getting a coach that's married to a single offensive or defensive style. Run the program, make game plans, allow yourself flexibility to adapt to new trends in offense or defense via coordinators.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of Coach Prime. Never have been BUT I've paid attention to him during his time in Jackson and looking at the way college football is evolving I think we could do a lot worse and what we really need for this program is some energy. What we don't need is another 55+ retread coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    And he hangs it up after the Egg Bowl, first I hope he is ok. Second, I'm good gambling on Coach Prime; here's why:

1. We currently lack swag and NIL. Prime has enough swag to go around. He's cocky enough and driven enough to make a run at a place like MSU. Will instantly bring an edge and confidence to the program. He's got ties with Barstool, ESPN, and a go-zillion pro athletes and other businesses. He'll bring a charge to our NIL situation. Couple that with an AD that knows how to raise money and we might have something.

2. Cruit'n - there isn't a living room in the south that he can't get into. Doesn't matter if the family has ties to another program, he's still going to get a shot. All the kids and parents know who he is. He's the type of name and personality that all we need to do is be in the ballpark with NIL and see if he can close the gap. Also, he's been in MS for a few years now, he knows the coaches and HS programs so me need to build new relationships on a large scale.

3. Hey, he's never coached at a big time program? I can't argue that BUT he knows what big time football looks like he'll be fine

4. I like the fact that he'd be a CEO and recruiting type coach. Sick of getting a coach that's married to a single offensive or defensive style. Run the program, make game plans, allow yourself flexibility to adapt to new trends in offense or defense via coordinators.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of Coach Prime. Never have been BUT I've paid attention to him during his time in Jackson and looking at the way college football is evolving I think we could do a lot worse and what we really need for this program is some energy. What we don't need is another 55+ retread coach.
    Consider the source of the rumor. You'd have a better chance at losing weight from magic coffee beans than this rumor being true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Consider the source of the rumor. You'd have a better chance at losing weight from magic coffee beans than this rumor being true.
    What a terrible thing to say about StarkVegasSteve. What’s he done to you?

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...ngs-and-Rumors
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Not putting a ton of stock in it but judging by our crowd yesterday and our AD situation I figure Leach has, at most, one more year. Very little to no excitement around our program right now and this is a business. A coach has to put butts in seats. The AD and staff have to help by providing a solid game day experience but bottom line is the fans have to have something to look forward to on game day. We don't have that right now.

vCash
    Not putting a ton of stock in it but judging by our crowd yesterday and our AD situation I figure Leach has, at most, one more year. Very little to no excitement around our program right now and this is a business. A coach has to put butts in seats. The AD and staff have to help by providing a solid game day experience but bottom line is the fans have to have something to look forward to on game day. We don't have that right now.
    Beat Ole miss and kiffin gets in the pine box to auburn will bring this fan base all the way back.

vCash

If the Leach crap is true or he cant win thursday.

Prime would be in my top 3 candidates

1. Matt Rhule
    2. Sonny Dykes
    3. Deion Sanders

vCash
    I love the Leach of the early 2000's. I do not love this version, it feels like Ben Stein trying to sell me eyedrops.
    I don't know if its health, fat bank account, or if his give-a-shit is broken.
    What I do feel confident in is the fact that it is all downhill from here (based on his demeanor) and its time to cut sling load.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

1. Matt Rhule
    2. Sonny Dykes
    3. Deion Sanders
    1- no chance
    2- no chance
    3- not happening either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    1- no chance
    2- no chance
    3- not happening either
    Aight, so your top 3 are????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

1. Matt Rhule
    2. Sonny Dykes
    3. Deion Sanders
    He's your only choice then. With the longest outside shot at Rhule. You can 100% forget Dykes even picking up the phone, we have absolutely no chance to pull him. Why leave his home state making $6 Mil and very well may be playing for a national title this season.

vCash
    100% on hiring coach Prime if Leach leaves.

vCash
    I do not understand why so many think, a coach is just going to leave a playoff TCU to come coach us?

Or, Rhule.

Deion we might have a shot at. But more than likely someone else will grab him first. Because we will drag our ass on finding an AD. And then form a ?National search committee? to find out coach. We will then hire someone we?ve all never heard of, go 6-6, 7-5, 6-6 and rinse, repeat. Because we are the mighty Mississippi State. F you, F me, and F everyone.

vCash
    So, we are barely holding the fan base together, need a home run hire at AD, and y?all want to take a shot on an unproven coach? Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    1- no chance
    2- no chance
    3- not happening either
    It depends what other jobs open up. I would not say no chance to 1 or 3. Agree Sonny isn't leaving so he's out but if the only other big jobs are Nebraska and Ole Miss we can compete with those 2. Rhule would probably take Nebraska over an SEC job but I think we could compete with OM for Deion. We will know when we make our AD hire if we are serious or not in the new NIL world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    So, we are barely holding the fan base together, need a home run hire at AD, and y?all want to take a shot on an unproven coach? Pass.
    My perspective is we almost HAVE to gamble on our hires. Up and coming coordinator, G5 coach, Deion Sanders etc. otherwise we're going to get retreads that want to pad their retirement. I'd rather gamble on Prime or another coach with some buzz over GusBus....give me someone who is hungry to win. Probably going to change coaches ever 3-5 years anyway, I'd rather it be because they move to "a better job" than fire and a buyout.

vCash
    We should pump the brakes on this kind of speculation until an announcement is made. All it does right now is turn more fans against Leach if he does return next year.

vCash
    My perspective is we almost HAVE to gamble on our hires. Up and coming coordinator, G5 coach, Deion Sanders etc. otherwise we're going to get retreads that want to pad their retirement. I'd rather gamble on Prime or another coach with some buzz over GusBus....give me someone who is hungry to win. Probably going to change coaches ever 3-5 years anyway, I'd rather it be because they move to "a better job" than fire and a buyout.
    This 100%. As bad as JoMo was he was a way better "move your program forward" hire than Leach. With Leach we knew he'd be an 8-4 ceiling coach, with JoMo dude could be the next offensive genius HC. He obviously wasn't and we moved on after 2 years which is what we need to keep doing. With the transfer portal and NIL world you don't have to give coaches 3-5 years, you know if you have your guy within the first 2 seasons. Rinse and repeat until you find your guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We should pump the brakes on this kind of speculation until an announcement is made. All it does right now is turn more fans against Leach if he does return next year.
    True, and I'm not convinced he's leaving. "Stir the pot" is the focus with some people. Maybe he does leave, but I will be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    True, and I'm not convinced he's leaving. "Stir the pot" is the focus with some people. Maybe he does leave, but I will be surprised.
    For what it's worth, I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just message board talk. I do, however, stand by what I said previously on Leach only having one more year at best. Unless he's willing to overhaul his system or change out some key players (that I'm not sure we have replacements for) I don't see how he continues here.

vCash
    The good thing about leach is I dont think we bottom out with him. He will keep us in the 6 to 8 win range.
    The bad thing about leach is we are probably capped at the 6 to 8 win mark.
    I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and he goes on to have his own special 2014 type season in the near future.