Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Scary Saturday Claims Its Victims

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Scary Saturday Claims Its Victims

1. It was so nice to finally not have to be anywhere on a Saturday for a change. Got up and marinated my pork loin and settled in for what I figured would be a great day of ball. I wasnt disappointed. After marinating a couple of hours, I cut up the pork loin and wrapped the pieces in bacon. Then to the grill they went along with some cut up red bell peppah, oinions, and zucchini in a little olive oil and worchestershire. Turned out perfectly.

2. What a day of thrills, chills, skill, and rumor mill huh? Mississippi now dealing with the rumors of Lame leaving them in their version of Pine Box Part Deaux. Now you get to experience some of what we had to endure during Egg Bowl week. Their fans are attacking people all over Twitter. That doorknob Jim Shute is trying to bet sportswriters about it. They are all in a tizzy over Cole and Rogers discussing it during their telecast last night- wanting them suspended or fired. I hope they didnt pick this week to stop sniffing glue. Then you had the rumors continue over Leach and his health. Could be an absolute wild week. All that is even before we get to the game on Thursday. Storylines abound this week.

3. No use spending much time on our game. We did exactly what we were supposed to do to a bad FCS team. They just wanted to run the clock, prevent as few big plays as they could, get their check, and get on the bus back home. I do think its absolutely ridiculous Rogers and some of the other starters played after halftime- why??? It was 35-0 and the game was over. Get your other guys some extended work. Save wear and tear and your frontline guys that play Thursday in a huge game. I did like him playing Lovertich 1st because he was a Sr and the 3rd Q should have been his. Then you give Robertson a Q in the 4th. As Saban showed yesterday- its not about scoring 50 plus but getting guys some gametime when you can. Forbes left us something great to watch in his last home game as a Bulldog. Highlight of the day.

4. Mississippi got another dose of Saturday night cold in northern R-Kansas. Pigs are a different team when KJ is somewhat healthy and they showed out. Road life in the SEC has been rougher than usual this year. A Mississippi that competed with Bama at home and almost pulled the upset has been run out of stadiums in BR and Fayettenam.

5. Tennessee found out that the chickens in Columbia have large talons. Tennessee is another team that has looked completely different on the road. Now they have lost their QB and face a Vandy team on the road that suddenly believes they can compete. Vandy will also be playing for a bowl game. Tenn better expect their best and come to play.

6. Kentucky competed with Jawja and had their chances yesterday at home. Something we really didnt do. Jawja just happens to be the best team in the country and can survive a road letdown.

7. Bowl picture got a little more interesting now after yesterday. SC's upset knocked the SEC from having 2 teams in the playoffs. So now look for LSU in the Sugar and either Bama or Tenn in the Orange. Tenn could get pushed down to the Citrus because their QB is hurt. Mississippi wins Thursday and they end up in the Gator or Outback. SC's upset probably puts them in the other. Got to think the Music City wants Kentucky. So that leaves Memphis, Vegas, or Texas for us. UPig with a win over Mizzou also puts them at 7 wins and in the mix. Lots to be sorted out this week. Dont forget about Florida and their brand- especially if they upset Fla State on the road somehow. A win in the Egg would put us in a Florida bowl most likely tho.

8. We are anywhere from a +4 to +3.5 for the game Thursday. Vegas hasnt set our number very well on the road this year. So there's that. How motivated will Mississippi players be about all the noise about Lame leaving? How focused will Lame be on watching film and gameplanning when he is constantly texting or taking calls from Jimmy Sexton?

9. Enjoy the week before the game fellas- watching Rome burn will be great entertainment this week. Hopefully we show up for the game and ball. Could be some rain but it wont be cold. Hopefully the Airbone can ride the lightning and get that trophy back.

Hail State
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-20-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    1. You should have been in Starkville. Free tickets. People were needed.

2. I sat in the scoreboard club this game. You have a nice view of what the qb sees up there. Sorta. Fans are always asking why we don't throw the ball down field more. I admit to not knowing the reads that Will has to make. However most plays Will throws the ball before the WR running the deep pattern even makes his cut and looks back. We get rid of the ball very quick. Again just an observation and I don't know his reads. Looked to me ETSU ran a 3-8 90% of the plays.

Other game stuff, on FGs, our holder does a good job of getting the ball down and in place for the kicker. The snap is all over the place. This has probably led to a few of our kicking issues.

vCash
    With Forbes, did you mean to say "last home game as a bulldog"? Hope he's playing Thursday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    With Forbes, did you mean to say "last home game as a bulldog"? Hope he's playing Thursday
    Yes. Meant his last game at Scott Field. He’ll play Thursday. Now the bowl game? Don’t know about that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yes. Meant his last game at Scott Field. He’ll play Thursday. Now the bowl game? Don’t know about that
    Okay good you gave me a scare there. I wanna see him bag Heath on Thursday.. Nickoe Whitley on Bo Wallace style

vCash
    I used to argue with coach about the airbone. But coach is right it?s a triple option through the air. I wish Leach would add some wrinkles to his offense like Dykes and his other students have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I used to argue with coach about the airbone. But coach is right it?s a triple option through the air. I wish Leach would add some wrinkles to his offense like Dykes and his other students have.
    Nearly all of his students are more successful due to their ability to adapt the scheme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

2. I sat in the scoreboard club this game. You have a nice view of what the qb sees up there. Sorta. Fans are always asking why we don't throw the ball down field more. I admit to not knowing the reads that Will has to make. However most plays Will throws the ball before the WR running the deep pattern even makes his cut and looks back. We get rid of the ball very quick. Again just an observation and I don't know his reads. Looked to me ETSU ran a 3-8 90% of the plays.

Other game stuff, on FGs, our holder does a good job of getting the ball down and in place for the kicker. The snap is all over the place. This has probably led to a few of our kicking issues.
    1. I gave away six tickets to friends to help get people in the seats. Very few people want to waste their day and $ on that type game anymore.

vCash
    This type game doesn't need to be scheduled period. We left mid 3rd quarter. I'd stayed home but couldn't find anyone to take the tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    1. I gave away six tickets to friends to help get people in the seats. Very few people want to waste their day and $ on that type game anymore.
    I'll play devil's advocate on that. I know a LOT of people that go to those games because they can sit lower bowl between the 30s for pennies on the dollar.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    this and parking is easy ^^^

vCash
    I don't know what the answers is for the weekend before thanksgiving for State. Opening weekend of gun season (deer) has always been a low draw for State. Going back to when we didn't have a full house to clinch the sec west in 1998 v Arkansas.

Maybe we just need to have an open date or play a road game every year that weekend. Also.... having the Battle of the Golden Egg on Thanksgiving sucks. Two things for the new AD to fix.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-21-2022 at 08:30 AM.

vCash
    I don't know what the answers is for this weekend for State. Opening weekend of gun season (deer) has always been a low draw for State. Going back to when we didn't have a full house to clinch the sec west in 1998 v Arkansas.

Maybe we just need to have an open date or play a road game every year that weekend. Also.... having the Battle of the Golden Egg on Thanksgiving sucks. Two things for the new AD to fix.
    With the edition of UT-Austin and resulting resumption of UT-TAMU rivalry, I could see that becoming the go to Turkey Day game, letting us off the hook.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

#2. The fact that we can't pick apart any gaps, other than short plays, on etsu makes me feel like this offense will never work. I understand take what they give you but come on

vCash

Spot-on with your assessment in point #2. We have guys running down field yet to make their cuts when we throw check-downs to the flats or shallow 3yd crossers. I understand those throws if you are under heavy pressure but I have no idea why we do that over and over when the pressure isn't there. It's almost like the read is "throw it to the first person you see open". In that case, of course a 2yd route will be open before a 15yd route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    With the edition of UT-Austin and resulting resumption of UT-TAMU rivalry, I could see that becoming the go to Turkey Day game, letting us off the hook.
    It always was the Thanksgiving game. Then on Friday the OU Neb game/