Thread: Updated bowl projections?

vCash

Updated bowl projections?

I wonder how yesterdays game results will impact our bowl projection. Vandy over UF, ARK over UM, USC over TENN. I know we want as many SEC teams in playoffs + NY6, as that moves us up the pecking order (even though there technically are several bowls at the same level in terms of priority). I?m hoping for Citrus, Outback or Gator! I?ve got a feeling that with an Egg Bowl loss, it?s Texas Bowl versus Baylor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oildawg View Post
    I wonder how yesterdays game results will impact our bowl projection. Vandy over UF, ARK over UM, USC over TENN. I know we want as many SEC teams in playoffs + NY6, as that moves us up the pecking order (even though there technically are several bowls at the same level in terms of priority). I?m hoping for Citrus, Outback or Gator! I?ve got a feeling that with an Egg Bowl loss, it?s Texas Bowl versus Baylor
    Got to win the egg to have any shot at Citrus I would think. TN losing may have solidified them in that spot, though. Would have helped if TCU and Michigan had not won their games last second. UGA is a playoff team and you have to think LSU gets sugar and Bama the orange. So assuming we win the Egg that leaves us, the plantation, and UK fighting for the citrus. Probably be ahead of the plantation since we beat them but UK beat us. Need them to lose their last game.

vCash
    Tennessee is still going to a NY6 Bowl as long as they beat Vandy. Georgia, LSU, and Bama will also. That leaves us and the Bears vying for the Citrus Bowl Thursday night. If we win we'd both be 8-4, and as long as SCar doesn't win at Clemson those would be the next best records in the SEC. Our head to head would put us in Orlando. A loss probably equals the Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma or Baylor. Gator and Vegas would still be in play with a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Got to win the egg to have any shot at Citrus I would think. TN losing may have solidified them in that spot, though. Would have helped if TCU and Michigan had not won their games last second. UGA is a playoff team and you have to think LSU gets sugar and Bama the orange. So assuming we win the Egg that leaves us, the plantation, and UK fighting for the citrus. Probably be ahead of the plantation since we beat them but UK beat us. Need them to lose their last game.
    Nah , if we do win the egg bowl , we will most likely be in gator bowl or citrus . Depending on rankings. If we win the egg bowl, we need to be hoping LSU beats UGA

Kentucky would be 7-5 with a loss to vandy and their fans are demoralized.

Georgia in the playoff

Tennessee in the sugar

LSU orange bowl

Alabama cotton bowl

Egg bowl winner is in the citrus

Then everything else is a unpredictable mess

All I know is we better win the damn egg bowl

vCash
    Kentucky might be 6-6. Louisville will probably get them this year.

vCash
    If USC or TCU happen to lose a game, how will it affect the SEC bowl thingy?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    It won't. The SEC is unlikely to get 2 teams in the playoff, but still should have LSU, Alabama, and Tennessee in the NY6 anyway.

Now if one of those 3 lose next week, they could drop down to the Citrus and have the bowl bids cascade down from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It won't. The SEC is unlikely to get 2 teams in the playoff, but still should have LSU, Alabama, and Tennessee in the NY6 anyway.

Now if one of those 3 lose next week, they could drop down to the Citrus and have the bowl bids cascade down from there.
    Copy that. I take it ya think both Michigan & OSU are in, regardless?

No.

vCash
    TCU is the only one that matters mostly

Fiesta and Peach are the 2 playoff bowls

Both of those in the years they arent playoff bowls are At large vs At large

Orange is ACC vs the highest ranked Big10 or SEC team not in the playoff or in the rose bowl or sugar bowl

Sugar bowl is highest ranked SEC team not in the playoff vs Highest ranked big 12 team not in the playoff

Rose bowl is the highest ranked Pac 12 team not in the playoff vs highest ranked Big10 team not in the playoff

Cotton Bowl is At Large vs At Large , This year the cotton bowl will be the game that the highest ranked G5 team will get in the NY6

The highest ranked team not in the other major bowls that is power 5 will play the highest ranked G5 team in the cotton bowl

Citrus bowl is the highest ranked SEC team that is not in the NY6 bowls vs the highest ranked Big 10 team not in the NY6 bowls

once you get past the citrus bowl, rankings do not matter , bowls will pick who they want because all bowls below citrus are considered equal.

So Birmingham and the taxslayer bowl are considered the same in CFB bowl committee minds.

The better bowls will want bigger brands and or more excited fanbases that will travel to the game.

For Mississippi State fans that believe we can beat ole miss and want the citrus

Better root for Tennessee to win out, LSU to win out, Bammer to win out, and pray south carolina doesnt beat clemson, because 2 top 10 wins in a row for Shane Beamer will send him to the citrus bowl

vCash
    I don't see how Michigan stays in if they lose this week to Ohio St

vCash
    Most likely, but it's possible that USC or even Clemson moves up to take the loser's spot if they finish 12-1.

vCash
    When LSU loses to Jawja in the title game- the committee will decide between Michigan and USC for the 4th spot.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When LSU loses to Jawja in the title game- the committee will decide between Michigan and USC for the 4th spot.
    Jesus... If (a one loss) USC/Michigan/Clemson makes the playoff, I'm jumping on the "Expansion" bandwagon...

No.

vCash
    USC better hope Washington isn’t their match up because Washington is the best team in the Pac 12

vCash
    Winner of SEC, TCU (if they win out) Big ten champ and Pac 12 champ. SEC loser to Sugar and Tenn to Orange and BAMA to Citrus. If TCU loses then all bets off.

vCash
    This thing ain't over. We are all in for a big surprise like every year.

vCash
    Isn?t kind of crazy that this season feels a bit disappointing- but the Citrus Bowl is still a very real possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This thing ain't over. We are all in for a big surprise like every year.
    Think that happened yesterday/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Winner of SEC, TCU (if they win out) Big ten champ and Pac 12 champ. SEC loser to Sugar and Tenn to Orange and BAMA to Citrus. If TCU loses then all bets off.
    As long as Bama beats the Barn they ain't dropping to the Citrus. Right now it looks like:
    Georgia-Peach
    LSU-Sugar
    Bama-Orange
    Tennessee-Cotton
    Egg Winner-Citrus