Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are +3.5 in Egg Bowl

vCash

We are +3.5 in Egg Bowl

I'm staying away but we should win. Kiffin is job hunting. OM coming off a real game, we basically had a bye. And OM really just isn't very good. Gotta slow down their run game though.

vCash
    That's basically a pick em then since you get 3 points for being at home. Vegas gives us more credit than our own fanbase at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's basically a pick em then since you get 3 points for being at home. Vegas gives us more credit than our own fanbase at times.
    Indeed. They had us favored over LSU and Kentucky. We lost. I would definitely use Vegas odds when picking State. NOT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Indeed. They had us favored over LSU and Kentucky. We lost. I would definitely use Vegas odds when picking State. NOT.
    Yeah i wouldn't either however it does show you how closely they see us matched.

vCash
    OM finally been playing some real teams lately. They are good but not great. Biggest concern to me is on the road. Most SEC teams suck on the road, so do we.

Stop the run and don't give up a deep ball on D

Gotta balance on O, OM gonna jump our dump offs and short hitches and why wouldn't they. If we do same ole, we get beat.

vCash
    Sec road games...
    LSU - we were -3, and lost by 15
    Kentucky - we were -3.5, and lost by 10
    Alabama - we were +21, and lost by 23

Will we beat the spread this week? We're 2-5 ATS in SEC games

vCash
    Not sure either team will be super motivated for this game with both teams coaching situations in limbo and not a lot to play for except pride, which I think will be the deciding factor this year, who wants it more?

That’s who will win this year’s egg.

vCash
    The way they run the ball, take UM and the -3.5.........We won't be able to stop them...........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    The way they run the ball, take UM and the -3.5.........We won't be able to stop them...........
    I love these kind of games. Bet against us and you win either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I love these kind of games. Bet against us and you win either way.
    OM wins by 2... then what? Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Not sure either team will be super motivated for this game with both teams coaching situations in limbo and not a lot to play for except pride, which I think will be the deciding factor this year, who wants it more?

That?s who will win this year?s egg.
    Agree Schultzy. I'm not sure either team has the necessary team leaders that have grown up with the Egg Bowl rivalry blood running through their veins and being the all-important game of the season within their family. It just seems the magnitude of the rivalry on the team compared to the days of Billy Brewer and Jackie Sherrill are greatly marginalized to me.

vCash
    I can't see this being close. We haven't done crap on the road and they have an offense that will be tough for our guys to stop. Would be glad to be wrong.

vCash
    The way their two backs hit the off tackle hole so quickly and get in or beyond the LB's has me worried. However, we have shut down some good running backs this year. We have to put up 30 or more points. They got behind early and couldn't catch up. The penalties and turnovers made them the first team to ever have over 700 yards on O and score less than 30 points. Our D is better than arky, but LB speed vs their RB and Dart taking off has me worried.

vCash
    Hyped up rivalry on national TV with the whole country watching. Seems like Groundhog Day MSU style. Hope I'm wrong but......

vCash
    the run game to the edges is our Achilles heel. they will win. and it pains me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Hyped up rivalry on national TV with the whole country watching. Seems like Groundhog Day MSU style. Hope I'm wrong but......
    Used to be the whole country. Now most the country will be watching Vikings at patriots after they watch giants at cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    OM wins by 2... then what? Haha
    I take the om money line every week (although I can't bear to do it this week). That way you really do win either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I take the om money line every week (although I can't bear to do it this week). That way you really do win either way.
    Good plan

vCash
    Don't let UM's loss to Ark fool you. They played hard, just had some breaks go the other way. Their running game is legit and downfield passing game is decent.

vCash
    Two take aways as I?ve talked to many people yesterday

1. Our fanbase is the most pessimistic of any FBS school in america with no competition. We have fans defending a team who was losing 42-6 then Arkansas called off the dogs.
    If we did that last night , this board would be in total meltdown wanted to publically execute the entire team in a firing squad.

2. Kiffin is gone.

3. Our defense is lightyears better than Arkansas?s defense. Whether we win or lose will be decided on the offense and mainly Will Rogers.