Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hawgs & Rebs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't think anyone on here has called them great or elite. Atleast I hope not.
    I never would even if it were true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I never would even if it were true.
    Lol you the man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I have seen enough of us on the road to know that we will get boat races by OM. Why I spent $300 on alcohol for this thanksgiving trip
    That?s the main issue. It?s not that Ole Miss is that great, it?s that we don?t show up for road SEC games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That?s the main issue. It?s not that Ole Miss is that great, it?s that we don?t show up for road SEC games.
    Exactly. I said it earlier in the thread: we've seen this before. OM gets murdered in Arkansas, then turns around and makes us look like clown shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And were getting destroyed.

As so many of our fans are quick to point out yards mean nothing just points
    Only when it supports their argument. Now Lane is an offensive god. 3 years ago everyone was on here laughing at OM for hiring him.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-20-2022 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I have seen enough of us on the road to know that we will get boat races by OM. Why I spent $300 on alcohol for this thanksgiving trip
    This is what many seem to be dismissing. WE ARE ON THE ROAD THURSDAY. Against a team that just dropped over 700 yards on the road in the SEC. They did lose which is unfathomable with that much offense. Which obviously means something quirky worked against them. Penalties, an enormous number of turnovers, an inordinate amount of screwy plays, etc. Those things have to happen for an SEC team to lose with 700 yards of offense. That's unheard of. Now, they did have some untimely penalties that happens often with our incompetent conference officiating. Not to say theirs weren't deserving tonight....probably were. But guess who gets those Thursday night? We do. Bank on it. Activated Alpha sees it in the same light as I do. UM is not UGA, Bama, UT, Ohio St., etc. but they are really good and having to go to their place equals getting boat raced.

vCash
    No I haven't I said we'd be 7-8 win team. How is that Maroon colored glasses. I just am tired of our own fans treating om like they're invincible. Been a lot of om apologists on here all year and now guess what they'll be playing for 8-4 just like us.
    If we had their schedule I think we would be 9-2 right now with a win over Arkansas and losses to Alabama and LSU.

Not the way it worked out though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we had their schedule I think we would be 9-2 right now with a win over Arkansas and losses to Alabama and LSU.

Yep. If they had uga and we have Vandy our records would be reversed but as you said it didn't work out. And I don't care how good or bad you have looked or how many yards you put up you are what your record says you are. Om has a better record right now by one game but if we beat them
    Thursday(and while I think we have a chance they definitely have the advantage playing at home) then despite all the slobbering done over om all year we will have the exact same record with us playing a much tougher schedule.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-20-2022 at 12:51 AM.

vCash

Yep.

vCash
    Yep. If they had uga and we have Vandy our records would be reversed but as you said it didn't work out. And I don't care how good or bad you have looked or how many yards you put up you are what your record says you are. Om has a better record right now by one game but if we beat them
    Thursday(and while I think we have a chance they definitely have the advantage playing at home) then despite all the slobbering done over om all year we will have the exact same record with us playing a much tougher schedule.
    That and as far tonight goes and yards- Arkansas's
    defense is pretty bad. Not real shocking that they wilted with a big lead.

This loss for Ole Miss was probably as bad as our loss to Kentucky.

Everyone is talking about how Ole Miss couldn't stop the run- well they aren't very good against the pass either. If we have Dillion Johnson healthy we should be good on that front.

Stopping the run is my biggest concern.

vCash

Hell we should be 9-2 right now
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    That and as far tonight goes and yards- Arkansas's
    defense is pretty bad. Not real shocking that they wilted with a big lead.

This loss for Ole Miss was probably as bad as our loss to Kentucky.

Everyone is talking about how Ole Miss couldn't stop the run- well they aren't very good against the pass either. If we have Dillion Johnson healthy we should be good on that front.

Stopping the run is my biggest concern.
    Om defense has not been good against run or pass this year. And you're right if we don't stop their run game we lose no question. If they can't run they're pass game don't work. Imperative to stop the run or we're gonna have a long night. Someone said last week we hadn't beaten a team with a winning record but that's changed since then and it now stands at 2 and funny thing om has also only beaten 2 teams with a winning record, uk and Troy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    You're probably right.

vCash
    You're probably right.
    I mean give credit for Kentucky and LSU showing up in the 4th quarter no doubt, but man both of those games could've easily been about 21-0 at halftime in favor of MSU.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I mean give credit for Kentucky and LSU showing up in the 4th quarter no doubt, but man both of those games could've easily been about 21-0 at halftime in favor of MSU.
    Can't argue with that at all and it definitely hurts because the lsu game especially was under control until the td drive at end if first half. They should've had zero points at half but we screwed it up and uk too.

vCash
    Could have.

Our team needs to improve. Losing Dillion hurt the offense a lot. I hope we move Tulu to the slot because I think that would help us out a lot. He's much better in space than he is going up against cornerbacks.

Really need to add speed and athleticism to the defense on the edges. We're asking Tyrus Wheat to do it all by himself. Hopefully we move Jett to MLB if Bookie leaves.

vCash
    Could have.

Our team needs to improve. Losing Dillion hurt the offense a lot. I hope we move Tulu to the slot because I think that would help us out a lot. He's much better in space than he is going up against cornerbacks.

Really need to add speed and athleticism to the defense on the edges. We're asking Tyrus Wheat to do it all by himself. Hopefully we move Jett to MLB if Bookie leaves.
    Losing sharp, IMO opinion cost us against uk. We weren't the same after he went down and losing Johnson same game hurt too.

vCash
    No, we shouldn’t. Our record reflects our talent level, we may even have a record above what our talent level is.

If we don’t get some defensive and offensive linemen in here plus find a qb quickly…it’s gonna be difficult to maintain seven wins.

So y’all better get off your wallets and give $ or lower your expectations because that’s the college sports world you live in.

vCash
    8-3 if you swapped out Georgia for Vandy

vCash
    Yes.