Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hawgs & Rebs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And were getting destroyed.

As so many of our fans are quick to point out yards mean nothing just points
    Funny how putting up a lot of yards in a loss means something now. We've put up a crap ton of yards in some losses but we sucked b/c we lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's simply not true CC. They racked up the yards in the first - 286 I believe. You have wore maroon colored glasses with this team all year and normally you keep the bias out of your comments. They shouldn't be better than us but we have a major disadvantage in the coaching department.
    No I haven't I said we'd be 7-8 win team. How is that Maroon colored glasses. I just am tired of our own fans treating om like they're invincible. Been a lot of om apologists on here all year and now guess what they'll be playing for 8-4 just like us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Funny how putting up a lot of yards in a loss means something now. We've put up a crap ton of yards in some losses but we sucked b/c we lost.
    Yeah I've heard that too, lol.

vCash
    We'll find out Thursday night. They may beat us but they're not invincible or some juggernaut

vCash
    Has 0 to do with this discussion. OM got destroyed tonight and none of their fans should be hanging their hat on their offensive yards. But we also shouldn’t be pointing to that game and saying, see, even Arkansas can shut down their offense, we will probably do the same.

vCash
    No I haven't I said we'd be 7-8 win team. How is that Maroon colored glasses. I just am tired of our own fans treating om like they're invincible. Been a lot of om apologists on here all year and now guess what they'll be playing for 8-4 just like us.
    I was referring to your take on OM all year. You have to give Kiffin his due. He has overachieved with them again. Let's hope he leaves. And they are not playing for 8-4. They are playing for 9-3.

vCash
    I was referring to your take on OM all year. You have to give Kiffin his due. He has overachieved with them again. Let's hope he leaves. And they are not playing for 8-4. They are playing for 9-3.
    Om is a good team yes kiffin is a good coach, I've said it all year. Good not great and I've said that all year. They're good not elite. Not even close they're a middle of the pack sec team. Sorry you can't get dominated by arky and be elite

vCash
    This thread is great. There is some major major major foot in mouth on here. Commerce you are fighting the good fight but they will never be happy till Leach is gone. Then they will want a coach who can throw it when we go back to QB counter and power

vCash
    Om is a good team yes kiffin is a good coach, I've said it all year. Good not great and I've said that all year. They're good not elite. Not even close
    I don't think anyone on here has called them great or elite. Atleast I hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Has 0 to do with this discussion. OM got destroyed tonight and none of their fans should be hanging their hat on their offensive yards. But we also shouldn’t be pointing to that game and saying, see, even Arkansas can shut down their offense, we will probably do the same.
    Not getting into the end zone means getting shut down to a lot of folks. OM's offense didn't score their first TD until sometime in the 3rd quarter. OM puts up 28 points in the first quarter in most games. All those yards mean jack shit if you can't turn it into 6s in the red zone. Commerce has a valid point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    This thread is great. There is some major major major foot in mouth on here. Commerce you are fighting the good fight but they will never be happy till Leach is gone. Then they will want a coach who can throw it when we go back to QB counter and power
    It's been a fun thread all the way around. I've enjoyed the back and forth. Om is a good team but they are not near as good as people have made them out to be and defended them as such and we are not near as bad as some folks on here have said either.

vCash
    I don't think anyone on here has called them great or elite. Atleast I hope not.
    Oh many on here have sang their praises and I've said all year theyre a good team not great and guess what? That's exactly what they are just good.

vCash
    It's been a fun thread all the way around. I've enjoyed the back and forth. Om is a good team but they are not near as good as people have made them out to be and defended them as such and we are not near as bad as some folks on here have said either.
    Im just gonna keep my mouth closed. I have said enough.

vCash
    Which game did we lose that we put up a lot of yards in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Which game did we lose that we put up a lot of yards in?
    You tell me Stat King.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im just gonna keep my mouth closed. I have said enough.
    Lol I was kinda of trolling some tonight in this thread to see what kind of response I would get about om and their team. Been a fun night for me!

vCash
    You tell me Stat King.
    308 total yards is our best total in a loss

vCash
    Oh many on here have sang their praises and I've said all year theyre a good team not great and guess what? That's exactly what they are just good.
    Ole miss fans blow a lot of smoke and our fans believe it blindly.

vCash
    Not getting into the end zone means getting shut down to a lot of folks. OM's offense didn't score their first TD until sometime in the 3rd quarter. OM puts up 28 points in the first quarter in most games. All those yards mean jack shit if you can't turn it into 6s in the red zone. Commerce has a valid point.
    If you want to say Arkansas kept them out of the end zone, fine. But in projecting forward, OM shooting themselves in the foot and not putting up points in that game isn’t as relevant as their continued ability to move the ball on the ground, even in a game they were dominated in.

If you want to bank on turnovers and penalties keeping them out of the end zone, that’s fine. But nothing about that game gave me any more confidence in our ability to stop their run game with consistency.

vCash
    I have seen enough of us on the road to know that we will get boat races by OM. Why I spent $300 on alcohol for this thanksgiving trip