Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer Robertson time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    So, if Will gets hurt in the second series of the EB first quarter.....YOu have a qb that has not played meaningful snaps.
    Again I rest my case. Taking foot off the petal is one thing but there is a line between being smart and being stupid. HS or college. Go DOGS.
    If Will gets hurt in the first q it won't matter. We will get dusted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did they start at the same point?

3 years prior to mullen: 15-22
    3 years prior to leach: 22-16
    I would argue the 2009 team dan inherited had more nfl guys than the 2020 team leach inherited. We will see.

I've long said Leach = Dan as far as what his record will be here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I would argue the 2009 team dan inherited had more nfl guys than the 2020 team leach inherited. We will see.

I've long said Leach = Dan as far as what his record will be here.
    Does Dan get no credit for signing McPhee, banks, white, bumphis, cox, and Boyd? Even if they didn't all commit to mullen, they signed with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    When comparing records of CML vs. Dan vs. Croom, I don't understand the, "If we throw the Covid year out". All teams played under the same covid conditions and a loss is a loss. Are you saying it fair to throw out for CML because it was all SEC foes?
    No they didn't. First, We played uga with 43 scholarship players and OM with slightly more. Other teams (OM) cancelled their games in that scenario. Second, Playing 10 straight sec games wears on you when have no depth. Playing 10 straight is a lot different for State than it is for bama.

vCash
    Does Dan get no credit for signing McPhee, banks, white, bumphis, cox, and Boyd? Even if they didn't all commit to mullen, they signed with him
    I think he has to get some credit, yes. Especially for bumphis and to a lesser degree for cox. That may have been one of Dan's best recruiting efforts honestly, ha.

vCash
    Oh, and cross went higher than any player that ever played under mullen

vCash
    That doesn't really change the fact that Dan's first team had a whole lot of NFL talent -some from Croom, some from Dan holding together that first class.
    Looking at that roster you had 6-7 NFL guys who made rosters (Dixon, Boyd, Mitchell, etc), but you also had arguably 3-4 HOF guys in KJ Wright, Kyle Love, Cox, and McPhee.
    It may turn out that the '20 team has 5-6 NFL roster guys - but Cross, Forbes, and Emerson are really the only guys I think will start, and who knows if they will have careers like KJ, Love, Cox or McPhee
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    No they didn't. First, We played uga with 43 scholarship players and OM with slightly more. Other teams (OM) cancelled their games in that scenario. Second, Playing 10 straight sec games wears on you when have no depth. Playing 10 straight is a lot different for State than it is for bama.
    Vandy doesn't count as a pure SEC game. Haha. Half of our G5 OOC opponents are better than that team. And what, only 4 of our opponents were over .500, I think. They had players out as well when we played some of those games. If was a harder than normal schedule, it wasn't by much really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Vandy doesn't count as a pure SEC game. Haha. Half of our G5 OOC opponents are better than that team. And what, only 4 of our opponents were over .500, I think. They had players out as well when we played some of those games. If was a harder than normal schedule, it wasn't by much really.
    There were only that many over .500 and several others right at .500 because they played all sec teams. Are you seriously arguing that an all sec schedule is not much harder than a schedule with 8 sec teams, a P5, two G5 and a fcs?

vCash
    Oh, and cross went higher than any player that ever played under mullen
    Fair. But I'd trade inheriting cross for inheriting a DL with 4 nfl guys, 3 who are decade long nfl guys and 1 who may be a hall of famer. Cox, Boyd, McPhee, Love.

vCash
    There were only that many over .500 and several others right at .500 because they played all sec teams. Are you seriously arguing that an all sec schedule is not much harder than a schedule with 8 sec teams, a P5, two G5 and a fcs?
    If you take away the extra sec games, you take away 1 win and 1 loss considering vandy and Georgia weren't scheduled. His sec record would be 9-14 (.391) entering the egg instead of 10-15 (.400). So while comparing sec only records, it helps him

vCash
    In a normal year yeah but in 2020, not much. We played 10 games but only 9 real games, Vandy was 0-9, horrid team that lost to East Tenn St in 2021. Memphis is a better team than them. Don't forget we didn't play every team at their full strength either. Players opting out, other teams had Covid issues. We lost to 3-7 Ark, they were not a good team. If it was harder playing those 10 games than our normal 12, it's not by much if at all for the 2020 season. In normal years it's no question it would be a tougher year.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-21-2022 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    If you take away the extra sec games, you take away 1 win and 1 loss considering vandy and Georgia weren't scheduled. His sec record would be 9-14 (.391) entering the egg instead of 10-15 (.400). So while comparing sec only records, it helps him
    At year 3 Mike and Dan are both right at 40% sec record wise.
    I do miss running the damn ball with Dan though. However I dont miss trotting out CUSA talent level receivers. If Dan could have gotten some higher end receivers we could have been so much more competitive against the elite defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    At year 3 Mike and Dan are both right at 40% sec record wise.
    I do miss running the damn ball with Dan though. However I dont miss trotting out CUSA talent level receivers. If Dan could have gotten some higher end receivers we could have been so much more competitive against the elite defenses.
    Well, Billy Gonzales telling the WR recruits the first thing they need to know is how to block didn't really go over too well with most of them. We have better WRs than Dan ever had outside of probably Bear and Fred Ross. We just have a QB that can't get them the ball.

vCash
    Yea I think it's fair to say 2-6 in 2020. 5-7 overall. Which I think puts Dan and leach with the same conference and overall records through three years.

vCash
    Yea I think it's fair to say 2-6 in 2020. 5-7 overall. Which I think puts Dan and leach with the same conference and overall records through three years.
    If he wins this week, he'd actually be 1 game better, but...

Losses by years (ranks are bcs, last playoff, and current ap)...

2009: #1 UF, #2 bama, #9 lsu , NR ark and auburn

2010: #4 auburn, #6 lsu, #8 bama, #23 ark

2011: #1 lsu, #2 bama, #9 ark, #20 auburn, #14 SC, NR Georgia

2020*: #1 bama, #5 aTm, NR ark, NR KY, NR OM, NR Kentucky

2021: #1 bama, #8 OM, NR ark, NR lsu

2022: #1 Georgia, #6 lsu, #8 bama, NR Kentucky

*since we excluded Georgia for this comparison, I removed #8 Georgia

Dan lost 3 sec games to unranked opponents in 1st 3 years. Leach has lost to 7 so far
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-21-2022 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    You double counted 2020 Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You double counted 2020 Kentucky
    Shoulda been NR auburn, so still 7

vCash
    So he inherited a better team... had to do a little work but they were coming here. Defeats your thinly veiled argument.

vCash
    Shoulda been NR auburn, so still 7
    Also I'm pretty sure 2011 Georgia and 2021 Arkansas both finished ranked, right?