Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer Robertson time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    best player plays.... period..... but for lower tier programs or HS IT IS IMPERATIVE to develop players..... if you don’t understand that you don’t know fball....nothing like game experience especially for development players....jmho
    MSU is not a high school football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Although we look like it at times. Lol I kid? kind of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So bama- the most successful program it's ok? And everyone else it's stupid. That makes no sense. Bama didn't play their second team until late in the 4th today. Now they did let the backup qb get a series first w the first string. But back to the point, it's either dumb for bama and us. Or it's not dumb. Can't be both ways. That's bs.
    Eta I agree the second team should get action sooner than the 4th w in a game like today. And the defense subbed a lot in the first half.
    Exactly. The thing is if you take out your starting QB to start the second half and the other team gets hot because we're sloppy all of a sudden it's a 35-14 game. And then what? That's a situation that could get very dicey with inexperienced players.

I think the best thing to do is what we did today.
    Play your QB for three quarters and rotate heavily at the other positions throughout the game. And then once the game is in hand you play your backups the entire fourth quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Although we look like it at times. Lol I kid? kind of
    LOL. Right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Clearly you didn't read my post. I agreed that I would put them in sooner than CML does. But the 5 star point make zero sense. And honestly, if the players are worth a crap, and care, they are getting training at practice. Practice is important I don't give a crap what all these morons on a board tell you. Go ask saban!!
    Well said , My man and completely accurate!

vCash
    Can Sawyer do baseball now?

85th best player in Texas is not bad. His dad was a 1st rounder for the Expos. Tim Tadlock, a known great evaluator and recruiter wanted him.

https://cdispatch.com/sports/2020-04...over-15-years/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    He's playing with the 2s and 3s. I'll reserve judgment until I see him play with the 1s. It's hard to know who's at fault on some of those plays.
    ^^^This^^^ I saw where nobody mentioned that it was the receiver's fault on the int for breaking the wrong way. Doesn't fit the agenda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    ^^^This^^^ I saw where nobody mentioned that it was the receiver's fault on the int for breaking the wrong way. Doesn't fit the agenda.
    You can't seriously think that anyone here has an "anti-Sawyer Robertson" agenda.

vCash
    When comparing records of CML vs. Dan vs. Croom, I don't understand the, "If we throw the Covid year out". All teams played under the same covid conditions and a loss is a loss. Are you saying it fair to throw out for CML because it was all SEC foes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    When comparing records of CML vs. Dan vs. Croom, I don't understand the, "If we throw the Covid year out". All teams played under the same covid conditions and a loss is a loss. Are you saying it fair to throw out for CML because it was all SEC foes?
    If you're just sticking to SEC records, keep them in, but otherwise Leach did not get the chance to win 3 or 4 nonconference games.

vCash
    Because it's not a comparison between coaches that coaches during Covid it's a comparison between a coach that coaches the Covid year and two coaches that did not. But with or without the Covid year there is really no fair comparison. If you include the Covid year you don't have the OOC games that Croom and Mullen had and don't consider practice and game limitations caused by Covid but if you don't include the Covid year then you leave out a year of experience practicing and playing.
    I don't think there is an even way to compare. I do think you can take Croom out of the comparison because he's definitely third on the list.

vCash
    IMHO throw it out for everyone. However I will add Leach was following the Moorhead era, ever how short, with a 180 degree change of style.

vCash
    No it?s not, but ask Saban about the wisdom of keeping your starting qb or starters in while beating the crap out of a (non HS)opponent. MSU vs Bama 2019. Besides growing your younger players you risk NEEDLESSLY injuring your starting players......case closed......HS or college.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-20-2022 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    No it?s not, but ask Saban about the wisdom of keeping your starting qb or starters in while beating the crap out of a (non HS)opponent. MSU vs Bama 2019. Besides growing your younger players you risk NEEDLESSLY injuring your starting players......case closed......HS or college.
    Alabama was only up 28-0 at the time if I remember correctly.

It's tricky because the reality is the starters also need reps too. An injury can happen in practice or anywhere else. We've had players get injured in car accidents that doesn't mean we should ban them from driving.

Saban typically keeps his starters in for three quarters too.

vCash
    Alabama was only up 28-0 at the time if I remember correctly.

It's tricky because the reality is the starters also need reps too. An injury can happen in practice or anywhere else. We've had players get injured in car accidents that doesn't mean we should ban them from driving.

Saban typically keeps his starters in for three quarters too.
    Agree to disagree, but erring on the side of caution especially later in the year I will always take the negative chance out of it. Only upside is padding stats. Downside is ruining a season or career. I will take the safe side every time.

vCash
    Agree to disagree, but erring on the side of caution especially later in the year I will always take the negative chance out of it. Only upside is padding stats. Downside is ruining a season or career. I will take the safe side every time.
    What happened in the fourth quarter of Ole Miss/Arkansas is exactly why you don't take your foot off the gas too soon.

Arkansas is very lucky that they didn't get any closer than 14 points.

My philosophy will continue to be the same as D1 coaches over high school coaches.

Hard to criticize winning 56-7 when everyone still got their reps in. But MSU fans find a way.

vCash
    What happened in the fourth quarter of Ole Miss/Arkansas is exactly why you don't take your foot off the gas too soon.
    And Sam Pittman admitted that post game. He said he took his foot off the gas in the second half too early and shouldn't have.

vCash

Arkansas is very lucky that they didn't get any closer than 14 points.

My philosophy will continue to be the same as D1 coaches over high school coaches.

Hard to criticize winning 56-7 when everyone still got their reps in. But MSU fans find a way.
    So, if Will gets hurt in the second series of the EB first quarter.....YOu have a qb that has not played meaningful snaps.
    Again I rest my case. Taking foot off the petal is one thing but there is a line between being smart and being stupid. HS or college. Go DOGS.

vCash
    So, if Will gets hurt in the second series of the EB first quarter.....YOu have a qb that has not played meaningful snaps.
    Again I rest my case. Taking foot off the petal is one thing but there is a line between being smart and being stupid. HS or college. Go DOGS.
    If this were to happen, Chance Lovertich will finish the game. I doubt Robertson sees any more meaningful snaps. He will then meet with Leach and Leach will give him options. Transfer portal if he doesn?t like waiting his turn or 7 days of extra practice during bowl prep and a chance to win the job next March. As it should be.

vCash
    Then I would go with Lovertich who has some SEC experience and started some at South Alabama.

And the reason we know this is because of the meaningful snaps both he and Sawyer took in the fourth quarter of the game against East Tennessee State.

https://www.footballdb.com/college-f...yr=2022&conf=9

Most teams have back ups that range from 5 attempts to 30 attempts. The ones that have more typically had to play a game for an injured starter. Sawyer has 11 attempts. That doesn't include Lovertich for some reason.

Anyway- we're not abnormal here with what we're doing.