Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sawyer Robertson time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Lol... again, see above. You act like Leach has played a simple schedule compared to Mullen. You only mention the West, Leach has faced a juggernaut in UGA in 2 of 3 years where Dan played horrible UK teams and Vandy.
    Yeah and CDM played better Bama, Aub, and LSU and TAMU teams. UK is no better this year than most than Dan faced.

vCash
    Here's you guys a rumor I heard at the game today. Kentucky has already been going through the back channel contacts to encourage Robertson to transfer to them. Guy that told me is pretty knowledgeable, but didn't say if he believed it. BTW, he would be replacing their #1 round NFL draft pick who has a chance to lead them to a 7-5 or 6-6 record this year. Watching GA/KY and I think the announcers said Levis hasn't passed for more than 150 ypg last three games. Has hit a couple of long passes today, last one a dying duck.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Lol... again, see above. You act like Leach has played a simple schedule compared to Mullen. You only mention the West, Leach has faced a juggernaut in UGA in 2 of 3 years where Dan played horrible UK teams and Vandy.
    I understand but it's not debatable. 2010-2011 difficulty was historic. We also SEC East champion in 2 of those 3 years. We played Georgia (Georgia was weak in 2010 and #19 in 2011) and Florida (#3 in 2009 and down in 2010) in 2 of those 3 years and #9 South Carolina in 2011. It's not close.

vCash
    I know personally of a VERY successful HS coach that was notorious for not taking starters out in games totally in the win column. His last year he thought he had the team for one last state championship, well they imploded. He had not injected the younger players in practice besides holding dummies. He left after spring practice and the HS went through the worst two years in their history because he didn’t invest the younger players in the program or practice ...... not playing younger players when possible unless you are Bama is insane on any level.....JMHO

vCash
    Damn right.

vCash
    So bama- the most successful program it's ok? And everyone else it's stupid. That makes no sense. Bama didn't play their second team until late in the 4th today. Now they did let the backup qb get a series first w the first string. But back to the point, it's either dumb for bama and us. Or it's not dumb. Can't be both ways. That's bs.
    Eta I agree the second team should get action sooner than the 4th w in a game like today. And the defense subbed a lot in the first half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wouldn't care either if we were winning at a high level, but we aren't. We're right where Moorhead was

Moorhead 14-12 (.538)
    Leach 18-17 (.514)
    Mullen (.600)
    When did Mohead or Dan play an all Sec schedule?asking for a friend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    When did Mohead or Dan play an all Sec schedule?asking for a friend
    Sec only...
    Mullen 33-39 (.458)
    Moorhead 7-9 (.438)
    Leach 10-15 (.400)

There you go... apples to apples

ETA: if leach wins egg bowl...
    19-17 (.528), 11-15 (.423) sec

If he loses...
    18-18 (.500), 10-16 (.385) sec

So either way, he's behind mullen and Moorhead. Moorhead did have the benefit of being gifted a really good team from mullen
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-19-2022 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    Lovertech is a slightly more mobile version of Will. Sawyer has played his last snaps in maroon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    And we see why Sawyer don?t get on the field
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Lovertech is a slightly more mobile version of Will. Sawyer has played his last snaps in maroon.
    This👆

vCash
    I wouldn't care either if we were winning at a high level, but we aren't. We're right where Moorhead was

Moorhead 14-12 (.538)
    Leach 18-17 (.514)
    Mullen (.600)
    Well that's a touch deceiving ....neither Mullen or Morehead had to face an all SEC schedule ..and Mullen never had a requirement to play a power 5 OOC .....let's hold judgement on Leach till after next year when he gets an Ole Miss type cupcake schedule with eight home games..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Well that's a touch deceiving ....neither Mullen or Morehead had to face an all SEC schedule ..and Mullen never had a requirement to play a power 5 OOC .....let's hold judgement on Leach till after next year when he gets an Ole Miss type cupcake schedule with eight home games..
    Sec only...
    Mullen 33-39 (.458)
    Moorhead 7-9 (.438)
    Leach 10-15 (.400)

If he loses...

So either way, he's behind mullen and Moorhead. Moorhead did have the benefit of being gifted a really good team from mullen

vCash
    Sec only...
    Mullen 33-39 (.458)
    Moorhead 7-9 (.438)
    Leach 10-15 (.400)

If he loses...

At this point, I have seen nothing out of Leaxh that makes me think he is better than Joe was. Other than the obvious discipline issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So bama- the most successful program it's ok? And everyone else it's stupid. That makes no sense. Bama didn't play their second team until late in the 4th today. Now they did let the backup qb get a series first w the first string. But back to the point, it's either dumb for bama and us. Or it's not dumb. Can't be both ways. That's bs.
    Eta I agree the second team should get action sooner than the 4th w in a game like today. And the defense subbed a lot in the first half.
    I disagree....HS or college....if you are loaded with the 5 star upper talent, it is not as much of a problem. but HS or the DOGS NEED to train their younger players.....you can not argue that.....you just can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I disagree....HS or college....if you are loaded with the 5 star upper talent, it is not as much of a problem. but HS or the DOGS NEED to train their younger players.....you can not argue that.....you just can't
    Clearly you didn't read my post. I agreed that I would put them in sooner than CML does. But the 5 star point make zero sense. And honestly, if the players are worth a crap, and care, they are getting training at practice. Practice is important I don't give a crap what all these morons on a board tell you. Go ask saban!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Clearly you didn't read my post. I agreed that I would put them in sooner than CML does. But the 5 star point make zero sense. And honestly, if the players are worth a crap, and care, they are getting training at practice. Practice is important I don't give a crap what all these morons on a board tell you. Go ask saban!!
    best player plays.... period..... but for lower tier programs or HS IT IS IMPERATIVE to develop players..... if you don’t understand that you don’t know fball....nothing like game experience especially for development players....jmho

vCash
    Sec only...
    Mullen 33-39 (.458)
    Moorhead 7-9 (.438)
    Leach 10-15 (.400)

If he loses...

If you toss out the Covid year (which I think is fair) he is 14-10 overall and 7-8 in conference. So basically exactly even with JM with the chance at a slight improvement or set back based on the remaining 2 games (including the bowl game).

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They have superior talent on the bench. They may share reps more in practice. With Bryce Young missing a game earlier, they already know where the backup stands.

vCash
    Sec only...
    Mullen 33-39 (.458)
    Moorhead 7-9 (.438)
    Leach 10-15 (.400)

If he loses...

To be fair Mullen was 10-14 after year 3 in sec only. A touch over 40%. That 2-6 2011 was a real turd. Should have beaten both Carolina and auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I know personally of a VERY successful HS coach that was notorious for not taking starters out in games totally in the win column. His last year he thought he had the team for one last state championship, well they imploded. He had not injected the younger players in practice besides holding dummies. He left after spring practice and the HS went through the worst two years in their history because he didn’t invest the younger players in the program or practice ...... not playing younger players when possible unless you are Bama is insane on any level.....JMHO
    What high school team plays their second and third string in meaningful playing time?

We played our back ups basically the entire fourth quarter and rotated heavily throughout the game.