Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumblings and Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I like gundy. Not sure we big enough to pull him from his school though
    I like him a lot. But I don't think he would do well in our league. And I have a grad degree from there, so have watched a lot of football in Stillwater - just a different brand of ball.

vCash
    We have a better shot at Rhule than Gundy. And Rhule ain't coming.

Seriously, I could see us hiring Gus Malzhan with Gus be 100% okay keeping Arnett as DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We have a better shot at Rhule than Gundy. And Rhule ain't coming.

Seriously, I could see us hiring Gus Malzhan with Gus be 100% okay keeping Arnett as DC.
    I’ve actually warmed a ton to the idea of the Gus Bus here. He’d hire a much better staff than we’ve ever had and may could tick up recruiting about 5-7 slots which could do wonders.

vCash
    I want leach to stay If he can beat ole miss .

What I said about the boosters wanting him out if he loses is true

But I had no idea about any retirement talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    I’ve actually warmed a ton to the idea of the Gus Bus here. He’d hire a much better staff than we’ve ever had and may could tick up recruiting about 5-7 slots which could do wonders.
    I 100% agree. Gus's offense is perfect for our recruiting base.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    There's no such thing as a "recruiting base" in the 2020s.

vCash
    You have to think Malzahn would try to prove himself against Auburn and such. Which would be a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There absolutely is. We won't win games having to rely on the portal. Can it aid us? You bet. But you better have guys you sign that play and play for years. And those come from a base. At least for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Willie Fritz daughter is a smoke show. Would definitely help crootin. The only thing he is 62 years old. We need to get away from helping coaches pad their retirement savings
    I guess she's a smoke show if you like horses.

vCash
    You continue to prove that you know little about this game

vCash
    Wrong
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I want leach to stay If he can beat ole miss .

What I said about the boosters wanting him out if he loses is true

But I had no idea about any retirement talk.
    Retirement talk is all rumor from what I can tell. You still 100% sure he gone if he loses?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Mullen > Gus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We could do worse. USM is improving way more than we are this year. It took him time, but if they win 1 more they're bowling. If you can revive that place you can coach.
    This guy here gets it.......He's from here and has deep ties, players love him and like you said "he can coach" and I think he would recruit better than what we have now.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Mullen > Gus
    Disagree, but it doesn't matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This guy here gets it.......He's from here and has deep ties and the players love him.......
    If we are hell bent on hiring a Mississippi boy then there is one in Lynchburg, VA who has been pretty successful already in this conference. And you know what, damn the torpedoes. Playing nice has gotten us nowhere. Time to get in the mud.

vCash
    Anyone mentioning Mike Gundy hasn't been paying attention to his career, the guy ALWAYS chokes in big games...he's currently getting his ass kicked in Bedlam by one of the worst Oklahoma teams in many years. If we want any shot of ever upsetting the Bamas or Georgias...Gundy is not that guy, he'll pull a Mullen and crap his pants on the big stage....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we are hell bent on hiring a Mississippi boy then there is one in Lynchburg, VA who has been pretty successful already in this conference. And you know what, damn the torpedoes. Playing nice has gotten us nowhere. Time to get in the mud.
    I'd sign up for him tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Anyone willing to take Zac Arnett as our head coach right now needs to just stop. If we can't think bigger than that we need to quit playing in the SEC. He's a great DC. But right now he's not an SEC West head coach and we've got to think bigger if we want to start competing.

The SEC West would be Saban, Kiffin, Brian Kelly, Jimbo, whoever Auburn hires (or whoever Ole Miss hires), Pittman, and Arnett.

Folks keep wondering why we don't compete then come on a message board and want to hire a DC with no head coaching experience to compete in the SEC West against legit experienced coaches.

Come on people. Rumors are Ole Miss is willing to get to 10 million for Kiffin. If we aren't thinking somewhere close to that big for whenever our next hire comes around, the we need to legitimately ask ourselves what we are doing here.
    Yep, it would be the most typical Mississippi State thing ever to do that and take the easy way out.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Anyone mentioning Mike Gundy hasn't been paying attention to his career, the guy ALWAYS chokes in big games...he's currently getting his ass kicked in Bedlam by one of the worst Oklahoma teams in many years. If we want any shot of ever upsetting the Bamas or Georgias...Gundy is not that guy, he'll pull a Mullen and crap his pants on the big stage....
    In his defense, I believe his starting QB is still hurt. Most teams would struggle losing their QB1. See Arkansas.

Now Sanders may be back. Just simply saying.