Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumblings and Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not sure if there is another SEC team other than Vandy that would promote their WR coach to HC...that would be baffling and depressing (not to mention crippling).

We're in the SEC. We're not the Little Sisters of the Poor. We can get a decent coach. It's just all about fit, and there is definitely a bit of luck in that.

I'm also not worried about competing with OM on hiring a coach.
    Worked out for Clemson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    If Leach retires or is fired if he loses Egg Bowl i would be on a plane to Ft Worth and get Dykes whatever he wants. SEC over BIG 12 any day. And I hope TCU wins it all. Fun to watch? they play hard and are disciplined. Plus he has a pipeline in Texas like Leach. If you can win at SMU & TCU?. That?s good enough for me.
    Hmmm... TCU has lot more money than you'd think. Maybe Dikes wants to go to he SEC, but I highly doubt we'd offer more than TCU is willing to match. And we are one of the harder places to win at in the SEC. If Dikes wants to join the SEC, he's be smart to wait on Jimbo to be fired and take that job.

vCash
    Sonny Dykes is making $6 MIL a year at TCU and about has his team in the playoffs...anyone thinks he sees State as a better path to success and wealth needs really reevaluate their thoughts of where we are as program. We cannot pull him from TCU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Sonny Dykes is making $6 MIL a year at TCU and about has his team in the playoffs...anyone thinks he sees State as a better path to success and wealth needs really reevaluate their thoughts of where we are as program. We cannot pull him from TCU
    Much better said than my comment. Some people need to re-evaluate what we are: We can offer $6M a year, cannot offer elite level assistant pay, have never been able to recruit in the top 25 consistently, are way behind in NIL, and play a tough schedule. Are we a bad place to coach? No. But are we a top 20 place to coach? Definitely not.

We had a coach leave us for Florida. We had Napier pass on us, stay at a low paying G5 another year and then go to Florida. 3 of our last 4 HC hires were OCs/had no HC experience. SC and Arkansas had to hire unproven guys. Tennessee had about 15 guys pass on them before they hired a G5 coach. It takes a LOT to get an established proven HC to leave for a mid level SEC program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Much better said than my comment. Some people need to re-evaluate what we are: We can offer $6M a year, cannot offer elite level assistant pay, have never been able to recruit in the top 25 consistently, are way behind in NIL, and play a tough schedule. Are we a bad place to coach? No. But are we a top 20 place to coach? Definitely not.

We had a coach leave us for Florida. We had Napier pass on us, stay at a low paying G5 another year and then go to Florida. 3 of our last 4 HC hires were OCs/had no HC experience. SC and Arkansas had to hire unproven guys. Tennessee had about 15 guys pass on them before they hired a G5 coach. It takes a LOT to get an established proven HC to leave for a mid level SEC program.
    Hey John, hows Nelle liking Opelika?

vCash
    Let's just bring Hud back. I mean, he's really tearing it up at Gulf Shores HS**

Plus, Tyla ain't bad on the eyes.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Primetime. He he's got the personality and respect to recruit, and he knows how to work the NIL. He has experience in Mississippi. I'd rather gamble on him than Gus or Freeze.

Please no Gus.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 11-20-2022 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Primetime. He he's got the personality and respect to recruit, and he knows how to work the NIL. He has experience in Mississippi. I'd rather gamble on him than Gus or Freeze.

Please no Gus.
    I would take Primetime in a heartbeat. Would It work? Possibly. Would it go up in flames? Possibly. Sounds like the same outcome of hiring any other coach. But it would bring some notoriety we haven?t had since 2014 with Dak

vCash
    If Freeze can coach, so can Hud ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    I would take Primetime in a heartbeat. Would It work? Possibly. Would it go up in flames? Possibly. Sounds like the same outcome of hiring any other coach. But it would bring some notoriety we haven?t had since 2014 with Dak
    The way Prime has used his charm and NIL to get recruits that normally wouldn't put JSU on their offer list, let alone actual go there, is very impressive. I'd be willing to roll the dice on Prime.

vCash

Please no Gus.
    How are Freeze and Gus gambles? They’ve actually won and been successful in the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    How are Freeze and Gus gambles? They’ve actually won and been successful in the SEC
    Freeze is a gamble because you are hoping that he doesn't get us the death penalty.

Gus is a gamble because it was obvious that he had been figured out in the SEC. My Auburn friends pretty much lost interest in football at the end of his tenure. You are hoping that he would be different at a school with less money.

If either were still a sure thing they would still be in the SEC.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 11-20-2022 at 11:01 AM.

vCash
    Freeze is a gamble because you are hoping that he doesn't get us the death penalty.

Gus is a gamble because it was obvious that he had been figured out in the SEC. My Auburn friends pretty much lost interest in football at the end of his tenure. You are hoping that he would be different at a school with less money.
    I go to every home game, but the "Air Raid" has caused a lack a interest in watching our O. Beat OM and my outlook changes a lot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Gus just got beat by Navy 😂
    UCF was a 16 pt favorite
    Sounds like a coach focused on something other than his team

vCash
    [QUOTE=Lord McBuckethead;1469919

Just because I want our backup qbs to get meaningful snaps in a game where I could throw for 200 and win by 21 doesn?t mean I hate Will. I criticize him because he doesn?t have the arm talent to get us to where we are trying to go. This does not mean I hate him by any means. Hell, I want him to succeed. When he does well, my life is more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU. This system is so heavily dependent on the QB getting as many reps as possible that Will is the only one ever getting meaningful snaps in practice or in games. We need to have a back up ready. One day Will will graduate. He could get hurt. Right now, we have no one ready. Let's use some of these opportunities to get ready. It's not like Will needed the reps to get ready for a post season run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Agree 100%. I am not even sure if our fans can post seriously thinking Dykes would leave DFW area to come to MSU. He is sitting in a recruiting hotbead for skill players. TCU has money, and is a private school. They can easily outbid us if it even actually came down to just salary. But in many ways he is sitting at a much better location.
    It is another reason I get frustrated with the fire leach people during season 3. We had to go through a bad Moorhead 2 years, and yet we think we can cut Leach loose with a winning record, and somehow another coach will see it as an attractive job when he will be fired for winning 8 games.

vCash
    Sonny Dykes is not taking TCU to the playoffs and then leaving for Mississippi State. Not happening.

Mississippi State, along with hookers, was the nail in the coffin of Freeze at OM. He is not coming here.

Roll the dice on Prime. There would be energy, instantly into the program. Barstool would be throwing money at our recruits. We would be too 10 classes every year.
    Last edited by Msujd164; 11-20-2022 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not sure if there is another SEC team other than Vandy that would promote their WR coach to HC...that would be baffling and depressing (not to mention crippling).

We're in the SEC. We're not the Little Sisters of the Poor. We can get a decent coach. It's just all about fit, and there is definitely a bit of luck in that.

I'm also not worried about competing with OM on hiring a coach.
    How different would it be than this?

Beamer had a successful first season in Columbia, improving the Gamecocks by 3.5 games, from a 2-8 season in 2020 to a 7-6 campaign in 2021, including a convincing win over North Carolina in the Duke?s Mayo Bowl. Doubling the preseason?s expected win total earned Coach Beamer a share of the Steve Spurrier First-Year Coach of the Year Award, presented by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). Safety Jaylan Foster earned All-America honors during Beamer?s inagural season.

Prior to his first head coaching stint, Beamer had been an assistant coach at seven Football Bowl Subdivision schools for 21 seasons. During his assistant coaching career he coached in 17 bowl games, including a College Football Playoff National Championship Game, posted 18 non-losing seasons, six of those with double-digit victories, and his teams won 63.0 percent of its games.

Beamer has been a part of building programs throughout his career. He has been a part of three coaching staffs, where the head coach was in his first or second season at the school. He joined Sylvester Croom?s staff at Mississippi State in his first season, Kirby Smart?s program at Georgia in his first season, and Lincoln Riley?s unit at Oklahoma in his second season.

Everybody has to start somewhere.
    Last edited by Percho; 11-20-2022 at 12:40 PM. Reason: left out

vCash
    Some of y?all have pipe dreams and some of you are too damn selective. We missed on Dykes when clown AD picked Mo?head.

I doubt Freeze would take it since the hate is strong between him and certain Influential State Fans.

Gus or Chizik or FCS coaches are the best we can get because WE don?t have the GROVE of dying oak trees with roots all over the ground, with acorns everywhere with no grass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Some of y?all have pipe dreams and some of you are too damn selective. We missed on Dykes when clown AD picked Mo?head.

I doubt Freeze would take it since the hate is strong between him and certain Influential State Fans.

Gus or Chizik or FCS coaches are the best we can get because WE don?t have the GROVE of dying oak trees with roots all over the ground, with acorns everywhere with no grass.
    We didn't miss on Dykes. He wasn't on any P5 radar because he had just got fired from Cal with only 1 winning season. He wasn't even an on the field coach when we were looking. He looks great now and did good at SMU, But nobody was thinking he was the guy we needed at time of the Moorehead hire.