Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumblings and Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We didn't miss on Dykes. He wasn't on any P5 radar because he had just got fired from Cal with only 1 winning season. He wasn't even an on the field coach when we were looking. He looks great now and did good at SMU, But nobody was thinking he was the guy we needed at time of the Moorehead hire.
    This, people have short term memories. Dykes had sucked at cal

vCash
    Deion would blow up recruiting here. The outside attention alone would justify the hire. It's not like he will call plays or scheme. And this game is about Jimmys and Joes and we need a LOT of help in this area.we would have a top 10 class with prime here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This, people have short term memories. Dykes had sucked at cal
    And there?s a reason for that. Most people have objectively be able to say that it wasn?t Dykes? fault. There are a ton of internal issues above the head football coach?s head out there.

Not to mention most people, including Dykes realize that was a terrible fit. His record outside of Cal is more than worth excusing the 4 years there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Deion would blow up recruiting here. The outside attention alone would justify the hire. It's not like he will call plays or scheme. And this game is about Jimmys and Joes and we need a LOT of help in this area.we would have a top 10 class with prime here.
    Man I'd take Deion tomorrow but we've never had a top 10 class and now with NIL I never see that happening for us. Maybe consistently top 20.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    NIL is going to be the new big factor in attracting a coach. MSU is at a bigger disadvantage with NIL than it was at during the days of “impermissible benefits”. With NIL, there really doesn’t have to be any restraint or discretion, therefore everyone can jump in without worry.

At this point, MSU is way behind in salary and way behind in NIL. I imagine an up and coming coach like Prime or some hot shot coordinator will probably wait for a better situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    NIL is going to be the new big factor in attracting a coach. MSU is at a bigger disadvantage with NIL than it was at during the days of “impermissible benefits”. With NIL, there really doesn’t have to be any restraint or discretion, therefore everyone can jump in without worry.

At this point, MSU is way behind in salary and way behind in NIL. I imagine an up and coming coach like Prime or some hot shot coordinator will probably wait for a better situation.
    Exactly what I'm thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Man I'd take Deion tomorrow but we've never had a top 10 class and now with NIL I never see that happening for us. Maybe consistently top 20.
    If we hire him, I will take that bet with you. Most people don't realize that Barstool is funding his NIL money. He has a 5* at Jackson state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If we hire him, I will take that bet with you. Most people don't realize that Barstool is funding his NIL money. He has a 5* at Jackson state.
    I said after our basketball game that we need to become "The Barstool School" across all sports and this would be a path to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I said after our basketball game that we need to become "The Barstool School" across all sports and this would be a path to that.
    Brandon Walker could help us out

vCash
    Dykes at Cal was as bad as Mhead at State. Both bad hires by idiots in charge.

Dykes can recruit in the SE along with TX and mid west.

I for one don?t want the clown circus show that goes with Deion. He is making so much money on his production show that promotes just him.

We don?t want or need a coach who is more worried about getting his production company more money & access across the airways than worrying about how best to recruit and what?s best for State? not Deion.

Plus he isn?t ready for the SEC. HELL before he took the job at JSU he was coaching his son in high school and MRA smoked his ass in Madison.

He would be a joke here. If our administration would offer him over some other coaches that are available?. Then we deserve to get what a ridiculous clown show it would be.

He isn?t ready for the SEC PERIOD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Dykes at Cal was as bad as Mhead at State. Both bad hires by idiots in charge.

Dykes can recruit in the SE along with TX and mid west.

I for one don?t want the clown circus show that goes with Deion. He is making so much money on his production show that promotes just him.

We don?t want or need a coach who is more worried about getting his production company more money & access across the airways than worrying about how best to recruit and what?s best for State? not Deion.

Plus he isn?t ready for the SEC. HELL before he took the job at JSU he was coaching his son in high school and MRA smoked his ass in Madison.

He would be a joke here. If our administration would offer him over some other coaches that are available?. Then we deserve to get what a ridiculous clown show it would be.

He isn?t ready for the SEC PERIOD.
    And who might be some of those other coaches available that you mention? Deion is a sitting HC. He knows how to market a program. Do I care if he is marketing himself as well? Not one bit. Mullen marketed himself from Day 1. Kiffin markets himself at OM. Saban? Same thing. Everyone wants to talk about how at State we have to be different, well this is different.

vCash
    If we need a new coach, there's one out there that would probably exceed the Mullen/Leach Baseline, but it would take a lot of money to pry him away from his current job:

His record against his in state rival is comparable to Leach?s and that apparently is the only measuring stick for most State fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    His record against his in state rival is comparable to Leach?s and that apparently is the only measuring stick for most State fans.
    My issue with Gundy would be that we will have to pay out the ass for him. His buyout, which is usually covered by the school you are going to, is almost 15 mil. Add that to probably have to pay 10-12 mil for staff and him

vCash
    Joe Judge is available this time around. I?d rather have Biliema. He has Illinois competitive in the B 1 G

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Joe Judge is available this time around. I?d rather have Biliema. He has Illinois competitive in the B 1 G
    Yeah I wonder how Bielema would do in the SEC.**

vCash
    Yeah I wonder how Bielema would do in the SEC.**
    I still don't understand why that didn't work out. He seemed like the perfect fit for Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You are totally missing the point and doing it on purpose. You arent half as smart and cool as you think you are sometimes. Sweetie. And for the record we agree on a lot but you have been on one lately
    Who cares? You either like his posts or you don't, your call. If you don't, why berate him? I personally like his posts!! Keep it up Coach!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I still don't understand why that didn't work out. He seemed like the perfect fit for Arkansas.
    I loved Fat Bert. And Fit Jen was easy on the eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He lost more heartbreaking, close games than anyone I've ever seen from about 2014-2016. Sometimes a field goal here and there can be the difference between 7 and 10 wins. He actually had quite a bit of NFL talent to work with during that time.

But toward the end I think he got too drunk and lazy in recruiting and it was time to move on. He's a decent coach when he's focused.

Banned
    vCash
    Deion is a CEO coach not an X's and O's coach.

There's plenty of Air Raid disciples willing to be OC. Arnett looks happy being the defense head coach.

Give me that + a new QB and that's second best case scenario for me behind Leach and a talented QB to run the whole offense.