Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumblings and Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Deion is a CEO coach not an X's and O's coach.

There's plenty of Air Raid disciples willing to be OC. Arnett looks happy being the defense head coach.

Give me that + a new QB and that's second best case scenario for me behind Leach and a talented QB to run the whole offense.
    Truthfully, I'd take Deion over Mullen any day of the week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    He lost more heartbreaking, close games than anyone I've ever seen from about 2014-2016. Sometimes a field goal here and there can be the difference between 7 and 10 wins. He actually had quite a bit of NFL talent to work with during that time.

But toward the end I think he got too drunk and lazy in recruiting and it was time to move on. He's a decent coach when he's focused.
    WPS, where is Briles going after this season? I see on Arkansas boards some insiders saying he is planning to leave. Possibly take a few players with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    WPS, where is Briles going after this season? I see on Arkansas boards some insiders saying he is planning to leave. Possibly take a few players with him.
    Hugh Freeze to Arkansas as OC.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    He lost more heartbreaking, close games than anyone I've ever seen from about 2014-2016. Sometimes a field goal here and there can be the difference between 7 and 10 wins. He actually had quite a bit of NFL talent to work with during that time.

But toward the end I think he got too drunk and lazy in recruiting and it was time to move on. He's a decent coach when he's focused.
    Yeah. It was a head scratcher for me. When y'all hired him I really thought it was a great fit. I love his offense.

vCash
    Go get Garret Riley from TCU and be done with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    He might get a G5 head coaching offer, but there has also been some smoke about South Carolina if they get rid of their OC (which looked probable until last Saturday).

If he lands at a G5 I could see Malik Hornsby going with him. He's a great athlete but not an SEC QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundRock View Post
    Go get Garret Riley from TCU and be done with it
    I’ve asked this before and got no response. Does he even call the plays?

He’s a bigger risk than Deion. And Deion is a massive risk. Yes he recruits well. But his talent level is probably quadruple that of every team he’s playing. I’m not sold on him at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post

He’s a bigger risk than Deion. And Deion is a massive risk. Yes he recruits well. But his talent level is probably quadruple that of every team he’s playing. I’m not sold on him at all.
    Yes, he called plays for TCU.

vCash
    How sure are we Leach is stepping down? I don’t see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    How sure are we Leach is stepping down? I don’t see it happening.
    Because it's not. If Leach was actually stepping down it would be more than a half-ass rumor by now. It's wishful thinking from the Leach Haters.

vCash
    Coach Leach interview made MSN.com about his ability to make gravy for Thanksgiving along with his other meal choices. Sure recruits pay attention to such things.**** This would be be much more entertaining to me if we had a more successful "O" in big games or for 4 quarters in all SEC games. If we can't attract good HS players, what makes you think we have needed success in the portal? I'm concerned about the '23 class.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-21-2022 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post

He's the play caller and was at SMU too. But I think it's too soon for him. Let him get another year or 2 in P5 as OC or train as HC in G5.

vCash
    Just FYI, Rosebowl says the Leach retiring rumor is total bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Just FYI, Rosebowl says the Leach retiring rumor is total bullshit.
    Time to lock and delete this thread, at least until Friday. It can be restored if it turns out to be true after all.

vCash
    This rumor is probably total BS but rosebowl may be worse than gene for MSU media members

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    This rumor is probably total BS but rosebowl may be worse than gene for MSU media members
    Paul is saying it's bullshit too, btw.

vCash
    As State fans we must love disappointment. So much so, in addition to getting waxed Thursday night, we double down on disappointment by getting our own hopes up that Leach is retiring, now those of you that actually believed it are going to be doubly disappointed.

Now imagine Leach stays, we get smoked, AND Kiffin stays in Oxford. Prepare yourself accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    As State fans we must love disappointment. So much so, in addition to getting waxed Thursday night, we double down on disappointment by getting our own hopes up that Leach is retiring, now those of you that actually believed it are going to be doubly disappointed.

Now imagine Leach stays, we get smoked, AND Kiffin stays in Oxford. Prepare yourself accordingly.

Best case scenario : We smoke OM, kiffin gets in the pine box and Cohen takes him to the Barn with him and all the OM players and we get some of their recruits to flip and they hire someone who has never been a HC like Jeff Lebby

Worst Case Scenario: OM smokes us, Kiffin resigns for over 10 million per year, Auburn hires Hugh Freeze, and Leach gets a raise and extension and we promote someone to AD from inside again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Best case scenario : We smoke OM, kiffin gets in the pine box and Cohen takes him to the Barn with him and all the OM players and we get some of their recruits to flip and they hire someone who has never been a HC like Jeff Lebby

Worst Case Scenario: OM smokes us, Kiffin resigns for over 10 million per year, Auburn hires Hugh Freeze, and Leach gets a raise and extension and we promote someone to AD from inside again.
    My prediction as of now: OM beats us 41-27, Kiffin says he's excited about the future, gets in the pine box and goes to the Barn. Leach gets canned and we throw the bag at Deion Sanders.
    Ole Miss then gets Dave Clawson from Wake Forrest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    My prediction as of now: OM beats us 41-27, Kiffin says he's excited about the future, gets in the pine box and goes to the Barn. Leach gets canned and we throw the bag at Deion Sanders.
    Ole Miss then gets Dave Clawson from Wake Forrest
    HAHAHAAH The first two are possible, if not likely. After that, no.