Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball recruiting class of 24

vCash

Baseball recruiting class of 24

One service came out w their top 50 for the class of 24. We have 5 of the top 50
    4- morlando
    18-Nari
    32-Frankel
    37- Cason
    43-Allen
    K Griffin is #1. We are in top 5.
    While I know we won't get all 5. Might lose all 5, but we are recruiting elite guys. And plenty more ranked in the top 250. Remember these rankings change, and this is just HS players, not where they would go in the draft. As I said in and earlier thread, can't keep 'em if you don't sign em.

vCash
    Great post! I really love how the staff is recruiting and going after these elite guys.

vCash
    This type of class is why NIL is so vital. If you could keep 2-3 of those 5 then you can start stacking ELITE talent on campus in ways we never were able to do previously.

vCash
    Not to mention we have two of the top ten in 2025, including the #1 overall prospect.

vCash
    When will the roster for this season be posted? The Hailstate website still has last years posted.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Griffen is ‘25. He is a sophomore this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Griffen is ?25. He is a sophomore this year
    No he's not. He's a 24. He's a junior at Prep.

vCash
    Griffen is taking extra classes and is trying to reclassify as a junior but he is still technically a sophomore. I am sure he will have the summer to fully classify as a junior but he is a sophomore right now.

vCash
    He will not be at State regardless of 24 or 25.

vCash
    Griffen is taking extra classes and is trying to reclassify as a junior but he is still technically a sophomore. I am sure he will have the summer to fully classify as a junior but he is a sophomore right now.
    He's already re-classified by all the services. And you're right, he won't be at State or anywhere else other than MLB.

vCash
    At least 1 out of your 3 posts in this thread is accurate

vCash
    You are correct o mighty one. Everything you say is gospel. Do you even write in red ink?

Last edited by SilentSteel16; 11-02-2022 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Ok. Well he won't be at prep in 25 either. So there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    When will the roster for this season be posted? The Hailstate website still has last years posted.
    I don't think it will be posted until the spring bc we have to get rid of some to get to the correct roster number.

vCash
    I hear McClain Ray will leave and go to ICC in Fulton. Is this acurate?

vCash
    Thanks for the info Homedawg. Do you have any insight on philosophy as far as so many out of state players? I notice in the ‘23 class, it looks about 50/50. Maybe we are committing as many of the elite players from around the country that we can and then working on the instate players that we think fit? I’m not complaining in any way. I have wanted to recruit nationally for years and it has finally started to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Thanks for the info Homedawg. Do you have any insight on philosophy as far as so many out of state players? I notice in the ‘23 class, it looks about 50/50. Maybe we are committing as many of the elite players from around the country that we can and then working on the instate players that we think fit? I’m not complaining in any way. I have wanted to recruit nationally for years and it has finally started to happen.
    We aren't dodging in state. Look at the 25 class, we already have 3 committed.... just depends on the strength of the class really. But going out of state and even out of region is easier now too w our past 5 year run, last year not withstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I hear McClain Ray will leave and go to ICC in Fulton. Is this acurate?
    Haven't heard that, but it wouldn't shock me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We aren't dodging in state. Look at the 25 class, we already have 3 committed.... just depends on the strength of the class really. But going out of state and even out of region is easier now too w our past 5 year run, last year not withstanding.
    Actually there are 4 in-state commitments in '25 class

The 24 class is absolutely stacked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ok. Well he won't be at prep in 25 either. So there's that.
    This cracked me up.