Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers versus anyone else at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    You don't see value in getting a qb more than garbage time experience against an FCS team? I could have played all of Sawyer's MSU snaps so far and had similar results.
    Sure I do. He needs to play in a blowout. I've said that before.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I disagree. Sitting Will on the bench may get a point across. I disagree that Will needs to play. The guy has started for 2.5 seasons in the same offense with essentially the same supporting skill players, the guy can take a week off, and it would probably do him good.

Someone else in the QB room absolutely deserves a shot for the ETSU game. Let's be honest, Ole Miss has been vastly the better team this year compared to us. Our chance of winning the Egg Bowl with Rogers I would put around 20%, if that. The guy just absolutely freezes in games, this year. Rogers is missing open guys left and right. There are plays to be made out there, he just isn't making them. We have to see what else there is on the team.

Again, I would rather lose the next two games but see flashes of our future QB out there, giving that QB some much needed game experience, and helping us get closer to where we want to be. We cannot waste two losses next year on getting the new QB up to speed. With Bama in our division, you get only one loss and you have to beat them to get that to get to Atlanta. If we can play Sawyer these last two games and that saves us from losing some rando SEC game next year, it is 100% worth it.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I will say this too, if they play Will Rogers I will be behind him. Ultimately I root for all MSU players, staff, etc. If we are rolling with Will, I will call shotgun. Either way, this was a spirited debate and I believe we all want the same thing. Finish this year off, 3-0 and start what will be the best 18 straight wins in a row in the history of NCAA football.

I just want to see if the next guy has a spark or not. Letting the next guy hand the ball off 2 times at the end of a 28 pt win, doesn't build my confidence up on our coaching and player depth... at all.
    Downvotes_Hype

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Firing Leach after three years after we fired Moorhead after two is not an ideal thing.

And if Kiffin leaves creating turmoil for ourselves while Ole Miss is unstable is not a wise thing to do either.

And then not having an AD means you're trying to hire a football coach who would have no idea who he would be working for.

If I'm Keenum I tell them that 2020 was a COVID year and that doesn't count against Leach as far as the Egg Bowl that year. So in theory he only has two losses without extenuating circumstances should he lose this year.

Those type boosters will simply cut off their funding to the program over and under the table until a change is made. When a coach loses the support of people that matter that much booster wise he is finished. Delaying the firing is pointless. You are not getting ahead with a lane duck coach no matter what OM is doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Let Greek play. He has a hot mama.
    I've seen a lot of stupid and moronic message board takes, but this one, holy shit. This take here is the type of fresh and clear eyed take that makes wading through the stupid ones worth it. But also this string is Crooms without pick axes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I will say this too, if they play Will Rogers I will be behind him. Ultimately I root for all MSU players, staff, etc. If we are rolling with Will, I will call shotgun. Either way, this was a spirited debate and I believe we all want the same thing. Finish this year off, 3-0 and start what will be the best 18 straight wins in a row in the history of NCAA football.

I just want to see if the next guy has a spark or not. Letting the next guy hand the ball off 2 times at the end of a 28 pt win, doesn't build my confidence up on our coaching and player depth... at all.
    My thinking as well. I've soured on Leach some but I still support him. If he doesn't retire and returns next year, I will support him. I support Will too but we need to see who we are dealing with as a backup. And Will needs to get his shit together asap.

vCash
    I disagree. Sitting Will on the bench may get a point across. I disagree that Will needs to play. The guy has started for 2.5 seasons in the same offense with essentially the same supporting skill players, the guy can take a week off, and it would probably do him good.

Someone else in the QB room absolutely deserves a shot for the ETSU game. Let's be honest, Ole Miss has been vastly the better team this year compared to us. Our chance of winning the Egg Bowl with Rogers I would put around 20%, if that. The guy just absolutely freezes in games, this year. Rogers is missing open guys left and right. There are plays to be made out there, he just isn't making them. We have to see what else there is on the team.

Again, I would rather lose the next two games but see flashes of our future QB out there, giving that QB some much needed game experience, and helping us get closer to where we want to be. We cannot waste two losses next year on getting the new QB up to speed. With Bama in our division, you get only one loss and you have to beat them to get that to get to Atlanta. If we can play Sawyer these last two games and that saves us from losing some rando SEC game next year, it is 100% worth it.
    Sitting Will on the bench would not accomplish anything positive for our quarterback situation or our offense. For us to even have a shot at beating OM, Will needs to start Saturday, and play as long as is necessary. Hopefully it will be an early blowout and we can see Sawyer and maybe Locke play. Not only would it be stupid to bench Will Saturday, it would also effect the team morale in a negative way.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-17-2022 at 11:46 AM.

vCash

I'm still not certain if this is true or not. If they lose to Arkansas - they will have an 8-3, just one game better than our 7-4. They have performed better in their losses - scoring 1 touchdown more per loss than us and gaining 130+ more yards a game in losses.

But, their wins are just as cupcake as ours. Their wins have come against teams with a combined 37-43 (avg 5-5) while ours are a combined (after ETSU) 30-42 (4-6). In their wins they averaged 39.6 pt to our 42.3 pts, and gained an average of 506 yards to our 475. They have given up 18.6 pts a game in wins versus our 21.3, and given up 362.8 ypg to our 343.7 ypg in wins.

They had the benefit of a front loaded schedule. For all of the gnashing of teeth that has been going on, we still stand a realistic chance of finishing with identical records.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I hope KJ is well enough to go or UPig isnt going to beat them
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I hope KJ is well enough to go or UPig isnt going to beat them
    They will need both KJ and Rocket Sanders playing well to beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Firing Leach after three years after we fired Moorhead after two is not an ideal thing.

And if Kiffin leaves creating turmoil for ourselves while Ole Miss is unstable is not a wise thing to do either.

And then not having an AD means you're trying to hire a football coach who would have no idea who he would be working for.

If I'm Keenum I tell them that 2020 was a COVID year and that doesn't count against Leach as far as the Egg Bowl that year. So in theory he only has two losses without extenuating circumstances should he lose this year.
    Sorry, but OM played under those covid 2020 conditions also, it's a loss. If we had won it, you can bet we claimed it with no if's or but's. Now, win this Thanksgiving night and it's a mute point. Break the 2 loss streak. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm still not certain if this is true or not. If they lose to Arkansas - they will have an 8-3, just one game better than our 7-4. They have performed better in their losses - scoring 1 touchdown more per loss than us and gaining 130+ more yards a game in losses.

But, their wins are just as cupcake as ours. Their wins have come against teams with a combined 37-43 (avg 5-5) while ours are a combined (after ETSU) 30-42 (4-6). In their wins they averaged 39.6 pt to our 42.3 pts, and gained an average of 506 yards to our 475. They have given up 18.6 pts a game in wins versus our 21.3, and given up 362.8 ypg to our 343.7 ypg in wins.

They had the benefit of a front loaded schedule. For all of the gnashing of teeth that has been going on, we still stand a realistic chance of finishing with identical records.
    To add:
    We both lost to LSU at their place.
    We both lost to bama, we no show on road a they barely lose at home.
    We beat arky at home mainly in control, them TBD on road.
    Should both be 4-0 OOC, but we looked better, ETSU TBD.
    Both beat AU.
    Both beat aTm at home, they struggled.
    They barely beat KY at home, we didn't show up on road.
    We got GA. They always get vandy.
    EGG TBD.
    Except GA/vandy. Similar schedules and possible similar results. EGG tells the tale.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-17-2022 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    To add:
    We both lost to LSU at their place.
    We both lost to bama, we no show on road a they barely lose at home.
    We beat arky at home mainly in control, them TBD on road.
    Should both be 4-0 OOC, but we looked better, ETSU TBD.
    Both beat AU.
    Both beat aTm at home, they struggled.
    They barely beat KY at home, we didn't show up on road.
    We got GA. They always get vandy.
    EGG TBD.
    Except GA/vandy. Similar schedules and possible similar results. EGG tells the tale.
    They played @A&M
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Those type boosters will simply cut off their funding to the program over and under the table until a change is made. When a coach loses the support of people that matter that much booster wise he is finished. Delaying the firing is pointless. You are not getting ahead with a lane duck coach no matter what OM is doing.
    lol

Leach is not going anywhere. After next season 9-10 wins he will get another extension. Such dumb comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They played @A&M
    My bad. If Arky comes through Sat. We win EGG, both 8-4, but very long odds for us. Gotta go, looking for new AD, Signed, Dr. Kee, I mean Goldendawg!****

vCash
    Anything can happen in the EB. This sort of reminds me of '09 with OM ranked and sitting at 8-3 while we were coming in with like 4 wins. I don't have a lot of faith in Will and I believe he holds us back but maybe if he plays his best game we have a shot.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    lol

Leach is not going anywhere. After next season 9-10 wins he will get another extension. Such dumb comments.
    The guy who thinks Mike Leach is going to win 9 or 10 games next year thinks someone else's comments are dumb.

vCash
    The guy who thinks Mike Leach is going to win 9 or 10 games next year thinks someone else's comments are dumb.
    Leach will be a shoo in for COTY if that happens. And I'm buying Q a steak dinner.

vCash
    I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.
    We would have to beat 5 SEC Teams. You can scratch off Alabama and LSU. that leaves 6 games to win 5 out of Auburn on the road with Kiffin probably leading them, Ole Miss (who may still have Kiffin so basically this game or the AU game is going to be a loss so pick your poison), Kentucky, Arkansas on the road, A&M on the road, and USC on the road. That's not a recipe for 9 wins. At all. Almost all of our tossups are on the road. The way Leach coached teams have played on the road should not lead anyone to believe that we can beat anyone with a pulse on the road.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-17-2022 at 04:20 PM.