Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers versus anyone else at QB.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I disagree about the tempo. We need to mix some in but sometimes it's better to eat the clock like we do. It really messes with other teams offense when we eat the clock.
    Only when you are winning.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    get to Atlanta, maybe the new guy could.

I've got an idea.

Let's trash the whole program on that in bold.

vCash
    I would like to see Sawyer play the entire 2nd Half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I would like to see Sawyer play the entire 2nd Half
    You and me both. He's had almost two years in this system. I want to see his throwing accuracy, his mobility and how he handles pressure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You and me both. He's had almost two years in this system. I want to see his throwing accuracy, his mobility and how he handles pressure.
    Yeah, you would hope that even playing with our second OL/RB groups, he should look good against ETSU. WR could stay about the same with our 15 player rotation or a little less.*** The only thing I have ever looked forward to in these type games is chance to see younger players get some meaningful reps. Heck, sometimes had a fight on our hands playing 1st string in these games in years past. Want a blowout and Will doesn't have to play after 1st half. Hail State!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You know who has had an ad in place looking for a coach?? Auburn. The situations are nothing alike. And no we don't have to wait til Jan for an ad. However we would have to have one in place by thanksgiving at the latest to get on w a football search and have a staff in place to try to salvage a signing class.
    And we would have an AD in place by then if the right people want Leach fired. If he gets boatraced next Thursday shit will speed up in a hurry. Our people with money don’t like getting their ass beat by that school and watching them go to NY6 games. No one thought we would fire Moorhead after signing day either but we did. Decision maker feelings change in a hurry in coaching firings.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-16-2022 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    And we would have an AD in place by then if the right people want Leach fired. If he gets boatraced next Thursday shit will speed up in a hurry. Our people with money don’t like getting their ass beat by that school and watching them go to NY6 games. No one thought we would fire Moorhead after signing day either but we did. Decision maker feelings change in a hurry in coaching firings.
    Not saying to fire Leach or not but the Moorehead situation is not really applicable. Unless Leach starts stuffing kids in a hot box again.***

vCash
    Sure man. We aren't firing leach. If he leaves it's bc he quit. And if he quits. We gonna be scrambling.

vCash
    Let Greek play. He has a hot mama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Let Greek play. He has a hot mama.
    Based on some in this thread that would be ok. Bc it's not Rogers and worth the test...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What?

Completely depends on the game situation but I suspect we will probably see Sawyer in the fourth quarter if the game goes as expected anyway. Doing what you are suggesting would be goofy.
    May seem goofy, but coaches do goofy things, so why not? Sawyer coming in during the 4th quarter is worthless. If we don't play another qb against an FCS opponent, who is going to be here to back up Will next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    May seem goofy, but coaches do goofy things, so why not? Sawyer coming in during the 4th quarter is worthless. If we don't play another qb against an FCS opponent, who is going to be here to back up Will next season?
    So I've heard game snaps matter. But game snaps in the 4th quarter don't matter?? I get that handing it off every snap doesn't. But they would be game snaps if we ran our offense..Don't get it

vCash
    There isn't even a line on our game. I hope all our backups (Sawyer included) get to play the entire 2nd half.

Our only advantage over OM may be we get essentially an off week before the egg bowl when they have to play a road sec game vs a physical team. Oh, and they get a short week to recover and play us. This could actually be a huge advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There isn't even a line on our game. I hope all our backups (Sawyer included) get to play the entire 2nd half.

Our only advantage over OM may be we get essentially an off week before the egg bowl when they have to play a road sec game vs a physical team. Oh, and they get a short week to recover and play us. This could actually be a huge advantage
    At night in freezing temperatures too.

I remember some Arkansas games back in the day before the Egg and we got our asses kicked by OM b/c the team was so tired and beat up.

vCash
    We are playing a cupcake and the Egg Bowl is on Thursday. If any starter is playing after halftime, that's just stupid

Not only should Robertson play the 2nd half- but our 3rd guy should get a 4th Q series
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So I've heard game snaps matter. But game snaps in the 4th quarter don't matter?? I get that handing it off every snap doesn't. But they would be game snaps if we ran our offense..Don't get it
    You don't see value in getting a qb more than garbage time experience against an FCS team? I could have played all of Sawyer's MSU snaps so far and had similar results.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Sure man. We aren't firing leach. If he leaves it's bc he quit. And if he quits. We gonna be scrambling.
    Hopefully we don’t have to find out. History says you’re wrong. When we lose to them 3 times in a row the coach has not survived in over 60 years. if Leach gets skulldrug in that game Keenum will have to tell a lot of people that donate a lot of money to 17 off when they want to fire Leach and I doubt he will be able to do it, AD in place or not.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-17-2022 at 12:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Well there are many reasons. First of all you're saying Will isn't good enough to start but you're going to play him on third and fourth down?

You're also assuming that we aren't going to play Sawyer. I disagree unless the game is close.

But the reality is this- Will does need to play. He just does. Sure he'll probably put up huge numbers and look like Joe Montana out there and our fans will quickly point out the competition. But there is value in it because he has been off and this game may give him a chance to get back in a groove again like he was when we played Arkansas and A&M. We need Will to be as right as he can be before the Egg Bowl because barring injury to Will there is no way Sawyer starts the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Hopefully we don’t have to find out. History says you’re wrong. When we lose to them 3 times in a row the coach has not survived in over 60 years. if Leach gets skulldrug in that game Keenum will have to tell a lot of people that donate a lot of money to 17 off when they want to fire Leach and I doubt he will be able to do it, AD in place or not.
    Firing Leach after three years after we fired Moorhead after two is not an ideal thing.

And if Kiffin leaves creating turmoil for ourselves while Ole Miss is unstable is not a wise thing to do either.

And then not having an AD means you're trying to hire a football coach who would have no idea who he would be working for.

If I'm Keenum I tell them that 2020 was a COVID year and that doesn't count against Leach as far as the Egg Bowl that year. So in theory he only has two losses without extenuating circumstances should he lose this year.

vCash
    Help me out here, early in the season many on this board were saying that our QB room was full of talent and we are set for awhile at QB. Now, it's our QB room is a wreck with no competition. It seems to be the same scenario every year. Wash, rinse repeat. Not sure that MSU football will ever have an upside, that it's all a pipe dream. Don't know what to think. A lot of smart guys on this board with some really good recommendations but unfortunately they rarely make it to the office that counts. Are we wasting our time and money?