Thread: Will Rogers versus anyone else at QB.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The guy who thinks Mike Leach is going to win 9 or 10 games next year thinks someone else's comments are dumb.
    I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.
    We would have to beat 5 SEC Teams. You can scratch off Alabama and LSU. that leaves 6 games to win 5 out of Auburn on the road with Kiffin probably leading them, Ole Miss (who may still have Kiffin so basically this game or the AU game is going to be a loss so pick your poison), Kentucky, Arkansas on the road, A&M on the road, and USC on the road. That's not a recipe for 9 wins. At all. Almost all of our tossups are on the road. The way Leach coached teams have played on the road should not lead anyone to believe that we can beat anyone with a pulse on the road.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-17-2022 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    We would have to beat 5 SEC Teams. You can scratch off Alabama and LSU. that leaves 6 games to win 5 out of Auburn on the road with Kiffin probably leading them, Ole Miss (who may still have Kiffin so basically this game or the AU game is going to be a loss so pick your poison), Kentucky, Arkansas on the road, A&M on the road, and USC on the road. That's not a recipe for 9 wins. At all. Almost all of our tossups are on the road. The way Leach coached teams have played on the road should not lead anyone to believe that we can beat anyone with a pulse on the road.
    Yes this season has sucked on the road, but we were a couple of blown calls away from being undefeated on the road in 2021. Thank you Mark Curles.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    You can say the same thing about 2021 and 2022 and we weren't that far off. And the idea that "Leach can't win on the road" is based entirely on 2022 (including games @LSU and Alabama) and not 2020-21 or his earlier jobs. Likely just a combination of coincidence and an especially tough road schedule.

Again, I won't argue with someone who predicts we won't get there. I just don't think it's an absurd idea that we might.