Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers versus anyone else at QB.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I get it, we might not win. Even probably not win. But you are telling me you are going to look your guys in the face and say-" guys we are going to play sawyer just to see what he might look like for next year? I know we now have zero chance. "
    Good thing you are our coach. Talk about losing a locker room. That'll do it
    ETSU Game, not Egg Bowl. I clearly state that Sawyer (or literally anyone in the QB room) should get the entire ETSU game, not the egg bowl. We do have a game this weekend, remember. We should be able to beat this team this weekend with literally anyone on our team taking snaps. I want to see what other QBs have to offer our system. Teams switch QBs all the time when their offense sucks dick. Which ours does. For whatever reason. Will not seeing open throws. WRs not catching it. Leach not coaching well enough. Whatever it is, I am willing to clearly state, when a defense only has to defend us for maybe 12 yards down field there is literally no way we can beat a above average defense, consistently with this personnel. And the only person on this team currently trying or not trying to throw the ball down field is WILL ROGERS. He just doesn't have the arm strength, PERIOD.

Now if Sawyer or whomever comes out there and runs our offense, but clearly has a stronger arm and handles his business against ETSU, then yes I would want to repeat it against Ole Miss. But to clearly state it is not an option.... well then what are we doing as a program?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    almost no chance we bench a 3 yr starter
    Then next year we have almost no chance of us winning a game that matters. Simple as that. I have seen enough dink and dunk bullshit out of this offense to last me a lifetime.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 11-15-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'm frustrated as anyone with the offense and QB. However the next two games could really change the momentum and outlook for next year for Mississippi State and OM. We could win two and they could lose two (and their coach). Who knows.

I know the odds are against. However let us go into this game with all we have. Then we can reassess Black Friday. Because nothing is changing between today and the egg bowl. May as well put all of our effort into beating them.
    If nothing is going to change, then we are wasting our time. They will have 285 yards rushing on a short field all night. UM will win the game 38-13.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Im not a subscriber to genespage but I saw via twitter where someone broke down the film of the UGA game

Will missed an insane amount of open passes for 15+ yards and instead got scared and dumped it off behind the LOS to a running back for a loss or 2 yard gain.

Will has really regressed from last year.

I do agree that we should give Sawyer real time to see what he can do in a game instead of handing the ball off.

He should have played the 2nd half vs bowling green and thrown 20 times

I want to see him throw 20 times against ETSU also

If something happened to Will, Its scary that we have no one with any experience, maybe chance lovertich?

vCash
    Leach uses cupcake games like a practice scrimmage. He wants Will and the receivers to work on routes etc against a defense that's not theirs.

That's why you don't see Sawyer in cleanup duty much or may not see him this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Im not a subscriber to genespage but I saw via twitter where someone broke down the film of the UGA game

Will missed an insane amount of open passes for 15+ yards and instead got scared and dumped it off behind the LOS to a running back for a loss or 2 yard gain.

Same thing with the UK game. Walley was open in the middle on several plays for 15 yard pick ups. Rara was open a few time down the field. Will sees the pressure coming and instead of taking a hit and getting the ball to his guys he checks down to a RB or just throws it away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    5) we're not getting a portal QB. Will is Leach's guy.
    Yes, that?s the unanswered question. Is it that Leach truly believes WR yet will get him to the Promised Land or is he unwilling to admit he was wrong. And to be candid, I don?t give a rat?s ass. Get an AD and put the question to Leach. Either he?s willing to go the portal and get us someone or he?s out. And if he?s tried to get us someone previously and failed, he?s out. Get us a new guy, take this newfound NIL money and go get us a 17n quarterback. I?m not even convinced Leach has the passion for the job anymore. But I?m sure he enjoys the paycheck.

vCash
    I'll be floored if we bring in a qb that is good enough to win the job. Those guys want guaranteed deals. We have a 3 year returning starter. Don't see it.
    He?s a starter only BECAUSE we currently don?t have anyone worthy of a guaranteed deal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    ETSU Game, not Egg Bowl. I clearly state that Sawyer (or literally anyone in the QB room) should get the entire ETSU game, not the egg bowl. We do have a game this weekend, remember. We should be able to beat this team this weekend with literally anyone on our team taking snaps. I want to see what other QBs have to offer our system. Teams switch QBs all the time when their offense sucks dick. Which ours does. For whatever reason. Will not seeing open throws. WRs not catching it. Leach not coaching well enough. Whatever it is, I am willing to clearly state, when a defense only has to defend us for maybe 12 yards down field there is literally no way we can beat a above average defense, consistently with this personnel. And the only person on this team currently trying or not trying to throw the ball down field is WILL ROGERS. He just doesn't have the arm strength, PERIOD.

Now if Sawyer or whomever comes out there and runs our offense, but clearly has a stronger arm and handles his business against ETSU, then yes I would want to repeat it against Ole Miss. But to clearly state it is not an option.... well then what are we doing as a program?
    Still a big no. I'm all for him playing and playing more than we have let him once we get up. I agree he should have more snaps than he has a present

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

I do agree that we should give Sawyer real time to see what he can do in a game instead of handing the ball off.

He should have played the 2nd half vs bowling green and thrown 20 times

I want to see him throw 20 times against ETSU also

If something happened to Will, Its scary that we have no one with any experience, maybe chance lovertich?
    There's lots of problems w that "film breakdown" and I'm not some huge Will guy. I'm not Bucky. He is the best we have but... anyway back to the film. It's showing guys open yes- problem is he nor I nor you, know the played called an his reads. Hell you see guys running wide ass open in the nfl. It happens. And half of the plays he's asking for Will to check it down to the open guy, all the while bitching about not throwing it down field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    He?s a starter only BECAUSE we currently don?t have anyone worthy of a guaranteed deal.
    Ok. Fine. Get back w me when we do....

vCash
    Ok. Fine. Get back w me when we do....
    Isn’t that a comment for the new AD?!!?

vCash
    Isn’t that a comment for the new AD?!!?
    The new ad?? No. He's not firing leach, not this year. So no. We are talking about the QB aren't we??

vCash
    The new ad?? No. He's not firing leach, not this year. So no. We are talking about the QB aren't we??
    No. We’re talking about who is in charge of our program. Leach or the new AD. If you’re the new AD, are you letting him roll with WR for another season.

vCash
    I believe that Sawyer should get some on field game experience. Maybe a quarter, maybe less. What if Will gets hurt? We are SOL.

vCash
    No. We’re talking about who is in charge of our program. Leach or the new AD. If you’re the new AD, are you letting him roll with WR for another season.
    You either fire him or let him play who the best guy is. You are the ad, not the head coach. No ad worth a damn does that.... like I said, fire him. And he won't. He will have a year.

vCash
    You either fire him or let him play who the best guy is. You are the ad, not the head coach. No ad worth a damn does that.... like I said, fire him. And he won't. He will have a year.
    The best guy we have is not good enough. I know you believe that Home. Either Leach is willing to fix that or he’s out. It’s Leach’s choice, not the AD’s.

By the way, such a spirited repartee among folks here just shows how much passion we have for this University. All good.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 11-15-2022 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    If we don't have any of the backups ready in ~3 years, what's the guarantee we will have one in the next 3 years? Either Leach can develop QBs or he cannot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    If we don't have any of the backups ready in ~3 years, what's the guarantee we will have one in the next 3 years? Either Leach can develop QBs or he cannot.
    The presumed answer is either he can not OR there is not enough talent in the QB room to develop. The big question is why would we trust him to try and get someone now?!!? Have to ask why he did not staff our QB room with the talent in case his chosen QB did not pan out.

vCash
    The best guy we have is not good enough. I know you believe that Home. Either Leach is willing to fix that or he’s out. It’s Leach’s choice, not the AD’s.

By the way, such a spirited repartee among folks here just shows how much passion we have for this University. All good.
    I don't know how well sawyer is doing of late, or locke.... but we aren't getting a qb better than Will via portal. Various reasons. .. but you can hang on and wait.