Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any AD news?

vCash

Any AD news?

Haven?t heard a peep

vCash
    We are looking heavily into guys at Memphis, LSU, and JD Wicker of SD State who is a Mississippi boy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are looking heavily into guys at Memphis, LSU, and JD Wicker of SD State who is a Mississippi boy.
    I have a friend who knows Wicker, and his family. He has been contacted by the Nat'l Search Committee, not sure he is that interested in moving back or how much interest we really have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I have a friend who knows Wicker, and his family. He has been contacted by the Nat'l Search Committee, not sure he is that interested in moving back or how much interest we really have.
    That's OK Bracky Brett has the dept in hood hands.

vCash
    bracky is retiring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    That's OK Bracky Brett has the dept in hood hands.
    Do you know when the parade (can't recall which one but the big one) in Biloxi for Mardi Gras. We used to attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans many times, way too crowded and dangerous now days. We attended the one in Biloxi last year and I was pleasantly surprised, and several couple friends plan on going back down.

Throw me some beads parabrave** LOL

P.S. Hard to beat Mary Mahoney's

vCash
    Is Wicker going to be more inbreeding in the department? Not knocking him at all.

vCash
    LT has agreed to return to be AD. "LT Troughs" to return with Hump remodeling as a cost saving measure, all NIL $ to be placed in rainy day fund for the future. More cost savings plans to follow in all sports!******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Is Wicker going to be more inbreeding in the department? Not knocking him at all.
    Don't think so. He's an MSU grad, but as far as I can see on his resume, never worked at MSU. Been at Atlanta Olympics, UGA, Southern Miss, GT and SDSU.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Hey Base check your PM.

vCash
    You can go ahead and remove Wicker and the Memphis AD. I'm expecting to see Santa Claus before a new AD unless something changes.

vCash
    who do you have in mind and why wait til after Christmas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't think so. He's an MSU grad, but as far as I can see on his resume, never worked at MSU. Been at Atlanta Olympics, UGA, Southern Miss, GT and SDSU.
    Wicker was also at Washington State from 2001 through 2011. I believe he met his wife, Rachel, when he was working at Washington State.

Wicker would certainly consider the job. However, he likes San Diego and he likes where he is living and working. He's got a good job and he knows it. Also, I don't know if Wicker is who MSU wants. I honestly don't think he will be the new AD, but I guess anything can happen.

Wicker also has some connections at MSU. Keep in mind that he's from Hattiesburg and is a MSU graduate. He is friends with John Rush. And Rush is fairly tight with Keenum.

I like Wicker a ton, but I personally don't know that Wicker and MSU fit each other at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Wicker was also at Washington State from 2001 through 2011. I believe he met his wife, Rachel, when he was working at Washington State.

Wicker would certainly consider the job. However, he likes San Diego and he likes where he is living and working. He's got a good job and he knows it. Also, I don't know if Wicker is who MSU wants. I honestly don't think he will be the new AD, but I guess anything can happen.

Wicker also has some connections at MSU. Keep in mind that he's from Hattiesburg and is a MSU graduate. He is friends with John Rush. And Rush is fairly tight with Keenum.

I like Wicker a ton, but I personally don't know that Wicker and MSU fit each other at the moment.
    Wicker has had a number of issues at SDSU. He's got baggage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wicker has had a number of issues at SDSU. He's got baggage.
    You might be correct. I don’t know. I like him. But I’m not sure the fit is right for either of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You can go ahead and remove Wicker and the Memphis AD. I'm expecting to see Santa Claus before a new AD unless something changes.
    Wait! Are you saying Saint Nick, Per Noelle, TopoGigio, Sente Klaus, Santa Claus? may be our next AD? Talk about Gifting. Hope he brings us a bag full of 5 stars.

vCash
    Credible sources are saying that the auburn rumors are complete smoke screens but in fact it is Lane Kiffin who is planning on accepting the Mississippi State Athletic Director opening.

Will be announced at halftime of the egg bowl when lane rips his White Ole Miss hoodie in half to reveal a maroon sports coat and tie !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Credible sources are saying that the auburn rumors are complete smoke screens but in fact it is Lane Kiffin who is planning on accepting the Mississippi State Athletic Director opening.

Will be announced at halftime of the egg bowl when lane rips his White Ole Miss hoodie in half to reveal a maroon sports coat and tie !!!!
    He'll have to cancel all of those credit cards floating around Oxford. ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    who do you have in mind and why wait til after Christmas?
    I think taking our time with this hire is the right thing to do.

We desperately need someone that understands modern football recruiting and NIL as well as marketing and promoting all sports.

We've got to get this one right.

vCash
    Todd is correct. As much as I'd like to have someone in place if Leach can't get 8 wins, the big picture is fund raising. Plus, if the season doesn't end well, firing a coach can generate a lot of donations over the next year and we can win 7 next year (I know, who cares).