Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash
    Houston says Hello

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    If you are talking pitching depth and talent there is a HUGE drop off after Padres, Tigers and Rays, what those 3 teams have done over the past 5 years has been unreal. I am a big time Astros fan but pitching development of those 3 orgs have been phenomenal.
    Darvish, musgrove, snell, wacha, lugo, and weathers are the padres starters. Only weathers spent one day in their system.

vCash
    Houston says Hello
    Braves have developed to this point as good as anyone. That doesn't mean they're the best, but they're in the elite. Houston, LAD, and TB are certainly up there too

vCash
    Well if we are having a measuring contest then …. Houston has won 2 WS titles and 4 AL pennants in past 6 years. ALWest 5 times.

vCash
    Well if we are having a measuring contest then …. Houston has won 2 WS titles and 4 AL pennants in past 6 years. ALWest 5 times.
    You left off an asterisk on the 2 WS. You were in a 3rd WS too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The braves' farm sucked last year too... well, until it brought up Harris, strider, Grissom, and even elder (huge down the stretch last year). Is any farm producing the mlb talent of the braves?
    You asked a question and I answered. Or was that a rhetorical question with a strong serving of bias???

vCash
    You left off an asterisk on the 2 WS. You were in a 3rd WS too
    You do know that a AL/NL pennant means a WS appearance correct ?

vCash
    You do know that a AL/NL pennant means a WS appearance correct ?
    Just reminding you of 1 in particular

vCash
    You mean like the Padres,Mariners, Rays, Orioles,Dodgers,or the White Sox. You take those 6 teams out and yes Braves are easily top 10
    You said the braves weren't even top 10 unless you took these teams off. You're an effin idiot

vCash
    I am sure you remember that one, I mean it took what 20 years ?

Careful 7 you are venturing into waters that go well past the knee.

vCash
    Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I said if you take those 6 out then Braves are EASILY in top 10.

vCash
    Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I said if you take those 6 out then Braves are EASILY in top 10.
    Just applying the inverse to your statement.
    ETA... you don't have to exclude anyone to have the braves solidly top 10 the last several years
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-14-2023 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    It is ok to just admit, Hey I misread what you said….. but doubling down and calling someone an effin idiot, well that doesn’t exactly do you any favors. Borders on KB21 territory.

But it is ok, I forgive your transgression and lack of knowledge on this matter. But A+ on the fandom though.

vCash
    Just applying the inverse to your statement.
    ETA... you don't have to exclude anyone to have the braves solidly top 10 the last several years
    I would agree with your edited response there, they were and are in top 10 but they ARE ranked per MiLB after those 6, which would in fact make them EASILY in top 10 after those 6 are removed.

Not that I agree with it BUT ranking farm systems is subjective, and there is one national org that actually has the Braves as dead last in their rankings, farm system wise.

https://www.prospects1500.com/milb/2...stem-rankings/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Not advocating for trading studds instead of going after the latest WS title.

To your other question about maintaining a farm and still competing at a championship level?obviously the dodgers are the cream of the crop right now. You?ve also got the rays, cardinals, Mets, Yankees, and brewers that are all legit WS contenders that also have a farm system ranked in the top half of the league.

It?s doable. Again, win another title during this run and I won?t care what the farm looks like and they can go thru a 10 yr rebuild that no one will question. However, it is absolutely ridiculous to think that competing, maintaining a top half farm system, AND not letting every veteran all star walk is some pipe dream that can?t be done.
    The Brewers' farm system and current team are both middle of the pack, they're not doing anything overly impressive. The Rays have a fantastic FO, no one will question that. The Mets have a good farm system but have been up and down on the field, and they have ridiculous money too. The Yankees obviously have crazy money, their farm system is decent but not amazing and once Volpe is off lists, it will fall quite a bit. The Cardinals had a great 2020 draft and you're now seeing the results of that; they were below the Braves 2 years ago. That's how quickly it can change.

vCash
    I would agree with your edited response there, they were and are in top 10 but they ARE ranked per MiLB after those 6, which would in fact make them EASILY in top 10 after those 6 are removed.

Not that I agree with it BUT ranking farm systems is subjective, and there is one national org that actually has the Braves as dead last in their rankings, farm system wise.

https://www.prospects1500.com/milb/2...stem-rankings/
    That is based on current players in the farm system, it's not an overall ranking of the organization. Everyone knows their current system is lacking in talent. Everyone also knows that you'd have a tough argument to state any organization has been better at graduating legit talent over the last 5 years than the Braves.

Also, look who is also at the bottom of that ranking - San Diego and Houston. Why? Because once you graduate tons of talent and build a competitive major league team, you deplete your farm system and start to make moves geared toward the major league roster.

vCash
    When we are healthy we have 4 legit starters. My mistake

vCash
    Speaking of farm, does anyone know what's up with Richie and Murphy? Pretty surprised they haven't pitched yet

vCash
    Speaking of farm, does anyone know what's up with Richie and Murphy? Pretty surprised they haven't pitched yet
    They are in Low A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They are in Low A.
    Murphy finally pitched last night...
    4.0 ip 2 h 0 er 1 bb 6 k

Richie starts today