Ozzie...
    .335 xwoba, .248 wOBA; .219 babip

Rosario...
    .382 xwoba, .211 wOBA; .267 babip

Ozuna...
    .343 xwoba, .245 wOBA ; .000 babip

Perhaps these 3 will have a good week

vCash
    Ozzie needs to quit batting LH and just go to RH permanently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Be nice, but it just isn't gonna happen

vCash
    The book is out on albies. If he’s up in a big spot just go ahead and mark it down…K, pop up, roller to the mound…and prolly on the first pitch that he chases. I know he’s on a very team friendly contract but he plays the game selfishly. Why he won’t lay a bunt down and walk to first is beyond me. He stunk before his injury last yr and it has continued. Time to realize it. If u wanna keep him cuz he’s solid on D that’s fine. Gotta upgrade in left and quit batting him above 7th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    The book is out on albies. If he’s up in a big spot just go ahead and mark it down…K, pop up, roller to the mound…and prolly on the first pitch that he chases. I know he’s on a very team friendly contract but he plays the game selfishly. Why he won’t lay a bunt down and walk to first is beyond me. He stunk before his injury last yr and it has continued. Time to realize it. If u wanna keep him cuz he’s solid on D that’s fine. Gotta upgrade in left and quit batting him above 7th.
    It?s hard to believe how bad the farm is right now. After Shewmake and Grissom, the AAA lineup is garbage.

Braves had a wealth of pitching for several years and held on to too many of them who became worthless on the market. Now you?ve got Ozuna and Rosario stinking it up and nothing in the org to replace them.

Time to get creative. Dump Ian Anderson before he?s lost all his value. Gotta package him with someone and get some help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    It?s hard to believe how bad the farm is right now. After Shewmake and Grissom, the AAA lineup is garbage.

Braves had a wealth of pitching for several years and held on to too many of them who became worthless on the market. Now you?ve got Ozuna and Rosario stinking it up and nothing in the org to replace them.

Time to get creative. Dump Ian Anderson before he?s lost all his value. Gotta package him with someone and get some help.
    Not just ponying up a couple million more per year for Dansby is really hurting right now. Normally they would just swing a trade to fill these holes, but as you said the farm is dead empty. Inexcusable.

vCash

Literally was reading this quote and got an alert that we're shutting down Anderson for the season and he's going to have Tommy John surgery. I would guess his value is probably a sunk cost now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Literally was reading this quote and got an alert that we're shutting down Anderson for the season and he's going to have Tommy John surgery. I would guess his value is probably a sunk cost now.
    It already was. He only has 2 pitches, and it's really hard to be a MLB SP with just 2 pitches, and his weren't good enough. He'll have to develop a 3rd, which he was working on in ST but will take time.

He'll be out 2 seasons, and without looking I'd guess that would use up any options he has left. His odds of ever wearing a Braves uniform again are damn low.

vCash
    Soroka seems to be progressing nicely.

4 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K. 69 pitches today in AAA.

He could be a big help in the later half of the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    It already was. He only has 2 pitches, and it's really hard to be a MLB SP with just 2 pitches, and his weren't good enough. He'll have to develop a 3rd, which he was working on in ST but will take time.

He'll be out 2 seasons, and without looking I'd guess that would use up any options he has left. His odds of ever wearing a Braves uniform again are damn low.
    You must be thinking of someone else. He has 3 pitches FB, Change and Curve and for his first 30 starts in 2020-2021 they were more than good enough. Middle to top rotation guy. Not to mention he was lights out in the playoffs with a career 1.26 ERA in the postseason. Then last year something happened to him and now it seems with the injury that it might have been a contributor to him breaking down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Not just ponying up a couple million more per year for Dansby is really hurting right now. Normally they would just swing a trade to fill these holes, but as you said the farm is dead empty. Inexcusable.
    Nah. $175 mill for Swanson would have been ridiculous. SS is a position you can get by with less offense. You can?t afford to have worthless bats in LF and DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yikes.

Holding on to Anderson, Touissant, and Ynoa til they all ran themselves into the ground was a pretty big set of misses on AA?s part.

vCash
    Yikes.

Holding on to Anderson, Touissant, and Ynoa til they all ran themselves into the ground was a pretty big set of misses on AA?s part.
    Agreed. Those are far and away the biggest mistakes he's made as a GM.

vCash
    Yikes.

You always knew some wouldn?t hit, but the reason you hold onto them all is because some will and you can?t predict which will and won?t. So those guys bombed but Fried, Strider, and Wright are awesome. And if Soroka can get healthy, there?s another one.

AA has done a great job.

vCash
    You always knew some wouldn?t hit, but the reason you hold onto them all is because some will and you can?t predict which will and won?t. So those guys bombed but Fried, Strider, and Wright are awesome. And if Soroka can get healthy, there?s another one.

AA has done a great job.
    I am pro AA…but let’s see the long term effects of these contracts and see what happens with fried before I’ll label him great. All the talk about saving money in the long haul with these early “cheap” contracts doesn’t really do any good if you end up letting every established player walk with no return. The farm system is a joke at this point. I am grateful for the title and hopefully they can add one more during this run, and if they do it’ll be worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I am pro AA…but let’s see the long term effects of these contracts and see what happens with fried before I’ll label him great. All the talk about saving money in the long haul with these early “cheap” contracts doesn’t really do any good if you end up letting every established player walk with no return. The farm system is a joke at this point. I am grateful for the title and hopefully they can add one more during this run, and if they do it’ll be worth it.
    Agree. You have nearly 2/3 of the lineup locked up for 7-8 years and Strider. They most likely will not pay Fried's asking price and Morton is about done. So there are a lot of questions with depth, LF, and a couple of spots withe the rotation. That's why all of those pitching misses hurt, the Braves had a LOT of holes in the pitching rotation and weren't willing to spend $ there outside of 1 year contracts. They got fill in success from those guys I mentioned but nothing sustained, and when they held on to them too long, their values diminished.

They need to get another title in the next couple of years and it'll be a good run. I'm glad the Braves payroll is expanding, but it's only going to get worse for them. Fried's gonna be gone. SOMEBODY is going to pay 5-600 mill for Ohtani, whether that's the Mets or Dodgers. Phillies are going to continue to spend stupid money. It's going to be hard to keep up with those guys if the Braves can't replenish the minor league talent and build up some trade capital.

vCash
    We are going to need to trade for an arm or a legit LF/SS to win another ring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We are going to need to trade for an arm or a legit LF/SS to win another ring
    And AA will have to swing a little higher than he has in the past. A Tommy Milone or Jake Odorizzi type player isn't going to cut it especially if they are having to fill a spot for a hurt or underperforming Strider, Wright, or Morton.

vCash
    I'm confused on why we need a starter...

Fried
    Strider
    Wright
    Morton
    Elder/soroka/Dodd/Shuster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm confused on why we need a starter...

Fried
    Strider
    Wright
    Morton
    Elder/soroka/Dodd/Shuster
    We don't need another one. We're good there. Need iglesias back and position players to quit getting hurt lol