Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

Banned
    vCash
    Verlander hurt already. Mets season has begun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Verlander hurt already. Mets season has begun
    Dude you're to good a poster to be a Mets fan lol!

vCash
    I don?t think SS will be Grissom?s long term position. I don?t trust his defense there. I?ve felt putting him in LF was the long term move to make.

I?m not convinced Shewmake will hit enough to play everyday.

Curious to see Ambioris Tavares this season in the minors.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dude you're to good a poster to be a Mets fan lol!
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.

vCash
    Can't watch on the road because once again, the dumb Bally's app doesn't recognize Bally Sport Southeast as being a channel in the xfinity lineup.

Braves are apparently leaving a ton on base, but they seem to be putting the ball in play instead of striking out which could be a big improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.
    Excellent! I guess that's why we're all State fans too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Can't watch on the road because once again, the dumb Bally's app doesn't recognize Bally Sport Southeast as being a channel in the xfinity lineup.

Braves are apparently leaving a ton on base, but they seem to be putting the ball in play instead of striking out which could be a big improvement.
    I'm in same boat! Stupid Bally! I've got xm so at least I get to listen

vCash
    I use Direct TV stream

vCash
    I'm in same boat! Stupid Bally! I've got xm so at least I get to listen
    i sent in complaints at least 3 or 4 times last season in the app. never got a response. New season, same ol shit.

vCash
    i sent in complaints at least 3 or 4 times last season in the app. never got a response. New season, same ol shit.
    Yep I've sent complaints and called. No luck

vCash
    As I sit here and watch the Braves kick the crap out of the Cards thanks to a game on can finally watch on the dumb Bally app, I realize how much I like the new rules.

The game is zipping by because the pitcher throws and the hitter swings the bat. No more of this stepping out and adjusting gloves for 10 seconds after every pitch.

Watching that crap in the past was excruciating. Now, we?ve finally gone back to basics and watching a game can be FUN again.

vCash
    Half butt it running the bases against the braves if you want to... this team will make you pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Half butt it running the bases against the braves if you want to... this team will make you pay.
    Yep being indecisive rounding 3rd on a short fly is a major mistake. Also Acuna made a great throw. And Riley made a great play in the 9th. I'm paying out of the nose for cable but I still get Bally on the big screen.

vCash
    The Braves have an embarrassment of riches up and down the lineup right now. TDA is killing the ball. Just think if they can get ANYTHING out of the SS and LF positions. Best lineup in the NL by far.

With that being said, Arcia is not THAT bad. We are a long ways removed from the weak bats of Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, and Rafael Belliard manning the middle of the diamond.

vCash
    The Braves have an embarrassment of riches up and down the lineup right now. TDA is killing the ball. Just think if they can get ANYTHING out of the SS and LF positions. Best lineup in the NL by far.

With that being said, Arcia is not THAT bad. We are a long ways removed from the weak bats of Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, and Rafael Belliard manning the middle of the diamond.
    Blauser wasn't a weak bat. He missed about half of the seasons his 3 years after his all star appearance that hurt him during his 27-30 year old prime stretch. Then made all star his last season in Atlanta hitting over .300 again. Even with all of that missed time and working through all that he hit .262 as a Brave and Ozzie is at .271 for his career so far. Ozzie has more consistent pop for sure but Blauser had more in him just didn't work out for those prime years.

vCash
    FWIW, Grissom sorting 1.063 ops at Gwinnett. Shewmake is struggling. It's still very early

vCash
    Braves look strong so far. The lineup is stout and arcia is doing better than I expected. If he can just hit .250 or so his defense is worth it. Get Fried and Wright back and you've got those 2 to go with strider, Morton and Dodd and stout bullpen that will get even better when iglesias get back and you've got the makings of a championship team. It is still way early though but I like what I see.

vCash
    Braves look strong so far. The lineup is stout and arcia is doing better than I expected. If he can just hit .250 or so his defense is worth it. Get Fried and Wright back and you've got those 2 to go with strider, Morton and Dodd and stout bullpen that will get even better when iglesias get back and you've got the makings of a championship team. It is still way early though but I like what I see.
    Arcia's defense is about average. It was strong early in his career but isn't any longer. But, he's not really a problem there, and if he hits .250 with some pop, as an MLB SS right now, that's actually decent offense and provides value with the bat. If he can give us about what he did last year over a full season, he's easily worth his contract and provides a serviceable SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Blauser wasn't a weak bat. He missed about half of the seasons his 3 years after his all star appearance that hurt him during his 27-30 year old prime stretch. Then made all star his last season in Atlanta hitting over .300 again. Even with all of that missed time and working through all that he hit .262 as a Brave and Ozzie is at .271 for his career so far. Ozzie has more consistent pop for sure but Blauser had more in him just didn't work out for those prime years.
    You are right, he did have a couple of pretty good seasons. I guess my point was traditionally in the early to mid 90s, SS was a position with very little offensive production in MLB with few exceptions like Cal Ripken and Barry Larkin. The offensive numbers really exploded when guys like Nomar, Jeter, and A-Rod came into the league.

vCash
    I love how the Braves are starting fast in most of their games. Immediately puts pressure on the other team, and with the bullpen Atlanta has, they'll win most of those games.