Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash
    Don?t know what y?all are talkin about. My complaints about not signing team vets, bitching about Albies, and general negativity around this team and it?s ?leaders? was obviously well deserved?..

vCash
    Obviously everybody of concern, for the most part, has played their way off of the trade/chopping block.

I?m glad that Ozuna has rebounded and is actually earning some of his money now but it is kinda bittersweet because it means less at bats for TDA.

I think the concern from here on out has to be, do these guys wear down when postseason play rolls around. I mean Olson, Riley, Albies, Acuna and Harris play EVERY day. Hell other than Pillar, there?s no other bench bat that sees the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Obviously everybody of concern, for the most part, has played their way off of the trade/chopping block.

I?m glad that Ozuna has rebounded and is actually earning some of his money now but it is kinda bittersweet because it means less at bats for TDA.

I think the concern from here on out has to be, do these guys wear down when postseason play rolls around. I mean Olson, Riley, Albies, Acuna and Harris play EVERY day. Hell other than Pillar, there?s no other bench bat that sees the field.
    Snit doesn't rest starters besides catcher. I would love a super utility, but he wouldn't play enough to justify the move. I really think we should be resting guys a little more with the big cushion. Ozzie is coming off an injury, Ronald is only a year removed from major injury, and Arcia has been a bench player for 3 years. I don't want these guys to wear down when it matters most

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Snit doesn't rest starters besides catcher. I would love a super utility, but he wouldn't play enough to justify the move. I really think we should be resting guys a little more with the big cushion. Ozzie is coming off an injury, Ronald is only a year removed from major injury, and Arcia has been a bench player for 3 years. I don't want these guys to wear down when it matters most
    Now that so many people are into advanced stats these days and the homerun record is so divisive anyway, I'd like to see the regular season cut down a bit to 150. There's just no need for 162 anymore when it seems like non contenders seem to sell off hard at the end of July anyway. Add in a few more off days and that way the playoffs won't have to go so deep into November. They've jumped over the hurdle with the universal DH and the speed up the game changes seem to be working well enough without screwing up things to much. Shortening the season just a bit seems like the next logical step.

vCash
    So is there a move that the Braves make in the back half? It would be nice to have another starter or bullpen help. Selfishly, I would love to see Brent Rooker running around in LF. Do they bring Vaughan Grissom back up to give Arcia and Albies a breather?

vCash
    Braves need a backup IF preferably a LHH. You can always use a reliever.

Bold prediction: yates is on the backend of games by mid-august. I think he's getting back to pre-injury level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So is there a move that the Braves make in the back half? It would be nice to have another starter or bullpen help. Selfishly, I would love to see Brent Rooker running around in LF. Do they bring Vaughan Grissom back up to give Arcia and Albies a breather?
    Don't think Grissom is in the plans anymore. If the Braves make any kind of significant move, he's going to have to be a piece as there is not enough on the farm to pull of a deal for a name guy. Whether that is a starter or a back end guy to help Iglesias/Minter, who knows.

I don't think we'd see anything happen in LF that's not a platoon guy. You gotta ride with Eddie at this point and Pillar is just as good as anybody you are gonna get to platoon unless they wanted to go with someone like Grichuk, McCutchen, Duvall or one of the Cardinal outfielders. At this point it's almost like why mess with a good thing. Eddie, Marcell or Harris could certainly fall off a cliff into no production again, but doesn't really make sense to make a move just thinking that could happen.

vCash
    Was talking to one of the minor league players Wed night and he told me after the all star break there will be alot of moving around for the minor league players.

vCash
    Arica showing signs of wearing down already. BA dropped about 30 points in the last 10 days and he’s not been as crisp on D

vCash
    Since Tater pronounced the braves done after Mets took 4-5 in early august last year...

Braves: 93-42 (.689)
    Mets: 65-68 (.489)

vCash
    Since Tater pronounced the braves done after Mets took 4-5 in early august last year...

Love that. What is even more hilarious is the stat going around where the Mets have dropped FIFTEEN AND A HALF GAMES in the standings since Alonso's "throw it again" antics.

Saw some Mets fan trolling one of SportstalkATL's threads saying yea the Braves are no big deal they've "only" won 2 WS during this run. Yea, so have the Mets, clown, and the most recent was 1986. And many of us weren't alive for your first.

vCash

Hate to see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Arica showing signs of wearing down already. BA dropped about 30 points in the last 10 days and he’s not been as crisp on D
    Arcia's D looked good last night -

https://www.mlb.com/braves/video/ste...ge_video-share
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Apparently the Marlins best everyone but the Braves. That sweep to pad the cushion out to 8-9 games was a big relief.

Hope to take the series at Tampa to remain scorching hot going into the break.

Awesome to see Olson getting that average up and cutting down on the Ks during this run. One more knock and he will be the first Brave ever with 30 homers at the All Star break.

vCash
    Taken the first 2 in LA, so making it really tough on the dodgers to take home field throughout. This braves team is amazing. Please don't go ice cold in playoffs bc they're clearly the best team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Watched Arcia in Biloxi. He always had good D but was weak with the wood. Since going to the Braves he ids killing it. And y'all thought he sucked.

vCash
    It’s a little concerning that Olson has gone ice cold but I’d rather it happen now than in October. With Riley and Ozuna killing the ball like they are, we can deal with his slump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    It’s a little concerning that Olson has gone ice cold but I’d rather it happen now than in October. With Riley and Ozuna killing the ball like they are, we can deal with his slump.
    Just stagger the slumps. As long as a few guys are hot, the braves should be fine. They have so many good hitters