Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash
    Geez. How much more FAILURE does Snit and/or AA want before they bench Ozunas ass for good? He is good for nothing but a lazy fly ball, double play, or K. He has been outplayed by Pillar, White and Hilliard and they are all journeymen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Geez. How much more FAILURE does Snit and/or AA want before they bench Ozunas ass for good? He is good for nothing but a lazy fly ball, double play, or K. He has been outplayed by Pillar, White and Hilliard and they are all journeymen.
    The team is killing it with some pretty big injuries. I would just chill on it... when guys start coming back, ozuna will be gone if he hasn't turned it around

vCash
    When you're on the hook for tens of millions the second you cut him.... you rationalize giving it another week or two to see if he can figure it out. Plenty of slow Aprils turn into banger summers, gotta be patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    When you're on the hook for tens of millions the second you cut him.... you rationalize giving it another week or two to see if he can figure it out. Plenty of slow Aprils turn into banger summers, gotta be patient.
    I agree. If we were like the Phillies right now, maybe you exercise less patience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree. If we were like the Phillies right now, maybe you exercise less patience
    I'm gonna guess that when MH2 comes off the IL, that Ozuna will be cut to make room, assuming the OF callup(s) haven't been horrible in the interim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I'm gonna guess that when MH2 comes off the IL, that Ozuna will be cut to make room, assuming the OF callup(s) haven't been horrible in the interim.
    I'm sure they will send Eli White down when Harris is ready. More likely that the situation will be addressed when a spot is needed with the return of either Darnaud or Soroka. Hell at this rate he is going, Ozuna is going to get paid a million dollars per hit.

vCash
    Big series with SD coming up. We owe them some payback.

vCash
    I'm sure they will send Eli White down when Harris is ready. More likely that the situation will be addressed when a spot is needed with the return of either Darnaud or Soroka. Hell at this rate he is going, Ozuna is going to get paid a million dollars per hit.
    He's 1 for 9 on the season so far. So yeah thats likely. But I don't think he's someone who they feel needs AAA ABs, so if he plays decent the next week or two till MH2 is back, and MO is still horrible, I think that's the point where they cut bait.

vCash
    I think they should play ozuna every day until he hits 100 PA to be sure. Babip is .040. His exit velocity (90.2) is at highest level since 2020. His hard hit % is 48.1 (career 45.0%). His barrel % is 14.8 (career 9.7). His bb rate is 13.0% (career 7.9%)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think they should play ozuna every day until he hits 100 PA to be sure. Babip is .040. His exit velocity (90.2) is at highest level since 2020. His hard hit % is 48.1 (career 45.0%). His barrel % is 14.8 (career 9.7). His bb rate is 13.0% (career 7.9%)
    Agreed. Kinda odd to see the worst hitter in MLB have decent metrics.

vCash
    What a gem. Lol. Half that clown?s called strikes were outside the strike zone. It was almost like watching an SEC ump.

vCash
    How about those WS favorites, did they just get swept by my Astros, who are without Altuze and a CF, Verlander…….

vCash
    Minter sucks. Rosario sucks. Ozuna sucks. Pillar, white, and Hilliard do the best they can as AAAA players. Grissom is a lost cause at SS. Acuna, Olson and Riley are streaky as hell. Murphy is trying to carry the team but is getting no help.

It?s time for AA to earn his salary for sure.

vCash
    This was a tough weekend. I certainly melted down a couple of times, but it'll be ok. Braves led in all 3 games, and I don't expect the pen to be bad once mchugh and iglesias are back. Apparently we will have mchugh this week, and iglesias soon after.

Grissom's defense is my concern, and it was during ST. I think it may be time to give shewmake a shot. Shewmake is starting to hit now in AAA; he's at .793 ops after a horrible start.

Harris and TDA will be back soon. At that point, I think it becomes pillar and Hilliard platooning in lf. Solak in AAA will most likely replace pillar once his inevitable cold streak comes. TDA will probably DH most of the time after his latest concussion, so my prediction is ozuna or Rosario get axed once TDA and Harris are activated.

vCash
    Minter sucks. Rosario sucks. Ozuna sucks. Pillar, white, and Hilliard do the best they can as AAAA players. Grissom is a lost cause at SS. Acuna, Olson and Riley are streaky as hell. Murphy is trying to carry the team but is getting no help.

All baseball players are streaky. The Braves are in great shape.

vCash
    Sure hope Acuna isn't out for a long stretch. Ouch. If anything, a DL stint only extends Ozuna's time on the roster. Hopefully, we can get Harris's bat going again then get TDA back so Murphy can get a break behind the plate and continue to do damage as a DH. Gotta get another bat in there to hopefully move Riley out of the 3 hole for now. He is struggling badly.

I wouldn't mind seeing Acuna, Olson, Ozzie, Murphy, and then Riley at 5 or 6

vCash
    Bruised shoulder

vCash
    Guess Mr stubborn Snit is going to ride Riley in the 3 hole til he flirts with the Mendoza line. He is a swing and miss or ground ball machine.

Olson is striking out a ton but he is still near the top of the league in walks, homers and RBI

vCash

Thought I would bump for the hilarity of some freezing cold takes in this Braves thread.

2nd best record in MLB. +114 run differential. 19-4 in June. Acuna having a borderline historic season (likely first ever with 20HR/50RBI/40SB at the All Star Break)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Thought I would bump for the hilarity of some freezing cold takes in this Braves thread.

2nd best record in MLB. +114 run differential. 19-4 in June. Acuna having a borderline historic season (likely first ever with 20HR/50RBI/40SB at the All Star Break)
    Yep some really really bad takes on the Braves early on. It?s why you have to have patience in baseball. It?s a long long season.