Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Braves won?t be winning the east this yr. And prolly not in the postseason. Had a chance to reel of a 2 outta 5, 3 outta 7 type run but AA or higher ups wonts allow it to happen. The way Freddie and dansby were handled sheds a negative light on the front office IMO.

It appears they are looking at money and analytics more than locker room value. Which is unfortunate because with the way snit manages the locker room aspect plays a bigger role. I?ll gladly be wrong about this but I don?t have high hopes. At least they did get one championship outta the deal.

Why lock up albies, acuna, Harris with affordable deals to then NOT turn that into dansby or Freddie long term? Not to mention losing fried after this yr.
    Because there will be better value somewhere else. How often do top dollar FAs actually end up being worth it? It happens, but for every Bonds or Maddux, there's a dozen Jason Heywards. Extensions on young players is just plain money better spent. How many good young players will they be looking to extend over the next 7 years with the money that would have gone to an average SS?

vCash
    I really like dansby as a player, and I like bellinger also. Maybe dansby can continue his great play, and bellinger can rebound in Chicago. I won't pull for them against by braves, but I've always sorta liked the cubs also.

Banned
    vCash
    lol

vCash
    Thanks to MLB blackouts you won?t have player stories like this anymore or regions close to a team being extremely loyal to a team since they can never watch them play. /rant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Thanks to MLB blackouts you won?t have player stories like this anymore or regions close to a team being extremely loyal to a team since they can never watch them play. /rant
    Yeah. And until the regional networks and MLB can figure out a reasonable streaming package we are back in the dark ages for baseball.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Braves just extended newly acquired Sean Murphy for 6 years and $73 MIL escalating contract. Only $4 MIL and $9 MIL next season then $15 MIL per season the next 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Braves just extended newly acquired Sean Murphy for 6 years and $73 MIL escalating contract. Only $4 MIL and $9 MIL next season then $15 MIL per season the next 4
    More cost effective than a FA.

vCash
    Bump rather than start another thread.

Has there been anything on the insider boards regarding the Bally situation? I assume with the financial fallout, the prospects of MLB being on Bally+ is not going to happen.

Currently on YoutubeTV and have no plans to switch to cable, Fubo or DTV Stream. Guess I'm hopeful that the whole thing falls apart and MLB takes control of the broadcasts on MLB TV. Hopefully there is some clarity to the situation by the time the season kicks off in April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Bump rather than start another thread.

Has there been anything on the insider boards regarding the Bally situation? I assume with the financial fallout, the prospects of MLB being on Bally+ is not going to happen.

Currently on YoutubeTV and have no plans to switch to cable, Fubo or DTV Stream. Guess I'm hopeful that the whole thing falls apart and MLB takes control of the broadcasts on MLB TV. Hopefully there is some clarity to the situation by the time the season kicks off in April.
    The worked out a deal with someone just a week or so ago. Youtube TV I think. Expensive as hell. I'll probably be trying out MLBTV and a VPN this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    The worked out a deal with someone just a week or so ago. Youtube TV I think. Expensive as hell. I'll probably be trying out MLBTV and a VPN this year.
    It was fubo and their base price immediately increased about $15 per month. I would have paid $20 per month for Bally plus but since they are flirting with bankruptcy I doubt they will secure any MLB rights for that platform at this point.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm ready!

vCash
    Am i still gonna be able to watch the games using my buddies directv stream account to login to the bally sports app? Hypothetically of course…

vCash
    Shewmake and Grissom to AAA. Arcia will be the starting ss

vCash
    Shewmake and Grissom to AAA. Arcia will be the starting ss
    I don't like this move.

Big drop off from dansby to arcia. I really thought they would roll with Grissom. I like the way the kid plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't like this move.

Big drop off from dansby to arcia. I really thought they would roll with Grissom. I like the way the kid plays
    Just eye test on Grissom, he has no range. Really like his bat though

vCash
    Just eye test on Grissom, he has no range. Really like his bat though
    Maybe right but he looked like he covered ground pretty good at 2B last year. Thought he was the future at ss for sure, but yeah gotta have range to play the position

vCash
    If spring training Ozuna can show up in the regular season they can afford a weaker bat at SS. What the Braves can not afford to happen is Ozuna/Rosario/other LF platoon and SS all stinking it up.

I know that they want Darnaud and Murphy to get DH at bats as well but they do need some days off. DH used to be a 30hr 100rbi position. They can?t have another season of no production at LF or DH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I'm thinking slide Albies back to SS. Easier to find a 2B. Arcia is nothing but a backup, and Grissom is not ready. Expect a trade. Or even a middling FA, like Andrus, is much better than VG/OA.
    Bump. Not so much as Ozzie at SS, doubt they do that now without having played him there in ST, but that I expect a trade. Arcia is barely a half decent backup.