Dansby got QO, which he will almost certainly turn down

Signed nick Anderson

Signed Jesse Chavez

vCash
    Harris just named ROY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Harris just named ROY!
    Well deserved. Strider will have to settle for the cy young next season haha (or maybe no haha)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not much action yet...

Dansby got QO, which he will almost certainly turn down

Signed nick Anderson

Signed Jesse Chavez
    DeGrom? Ultimately, too expensive, unless he'll backload it away from 2023. 30% chance only if Dansby walks.

Surprised they traded Odorizzi for $2M net. For that much I'd have kept him around to compete for 5th spot/swing man. Must be another vet that doesn't gel with the coaching, like Grossman.

So, gonna need a SP. Don't want to count on 2 of Elder/Muller/Soroka. One can be the 5th SP.

I can't predict Dansby. Between Albies and the new 2B (forget the name), they don't have to have a SS, either of them can play it average. So it's hard to justify breaking the bank. I think he gets the Freddie treatment. Time will tell if he takes a discount.

Need a good LF, but have to figure out Ozuna and Rosario. I'm guessing they sign/trade for the LF they want, then keep those guys around as bench players, hoping they figure it out enough to get a half decent trade. By end of May, cut bait.

Also need another back of the bullpen piece.

vCash
    Cubs cut Jason Hayward. Do they bring him back?

I saw a blurb that said Dansby will be a Seattle Mariner.

I love Acuna but he slacks off sometimes and can’t stay healthy.

Does Duvall get brought back another year?

Can they get rid of Ozuna?

vCash
    Glad for Michael. Got to meet him and his dad when they played Biloxi. Great kid. BTW if ypu ever get to go to Minor league games please go and take the kids. The players are very approachable and with the exception of Pache, will sign anything.

vCash
    The reason why Astros players are so loved by our fans… it is a MANDATE in Astros organization in the minors to be at field 30 mins before batting practice to be out on the field readily available for fan interaction. There was an article in SI about it saying that Astros farm system guys spend on AVERAGE 7 hours a week on fan experience every week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    The reason why Astros players are so loved by our fans… it is a MANDATE in Astros organization in the minors to be at field 30 mins before batting practice to be out on the field readily available for fan interaction. There was an article in SI about it saying that Astros farm system guys spend on AVERAGE 7 hours a week on fan experience every week.
    Alot of that also depends on the Manager/ When Chris managed the M Braves all the players would be available before and after the game. Some Orgs forget about it esp with the Covid protocols. Most players will talk to kids and let the kids get to know them.

vCash
    Traded Justyn Henry Malloy and Jake Higginbotham for Joe Jimenez

vCash
    Passan:

Full trade, per ESPN sources:

Atlanta gets: C Sean Murphy

Oakland gets: LHP Kyle Muller, UT Esteury Ruiz, RHP Freddy Tarnok, RHP Royber Salinas, C Manny Pi?a

Milwaukee gets: C William Contreras, RHP Justin Yeager, RHP Joel Payamps

vCash
    Love getting Murphy. Hopefully jiminez has a repeat of last year when he was dominant.

I fully expect Swanson to get a mega deal from another team, but would love to be surprised.

My prediction: braves sign conforto or benintendi. Grissom is our starting ss. Ozuna and Rosario platoon at DH for at least first month

vCash
    I would imagine Braves get whoever the Astros don’t in CF between Conforto or ben Nintendo, and yes that name was on purpose.

vCash
    I really like getting Murphy.

I hate that the price is too much for Dansby but I wouldn't pay as much as his market will go to either.

vCash
    Love getting Murphy. Hopefully jiminez has a repeat of last year when he was dominant.

I fully expect Swanson to get a mega deal from another team, but would love to be surprised.

My prediction: braves sign conforto or benintendi. Grissom is our starting ss. Ozuna and Rosario platoon at DH for at least first month
    I'm still holding out hope for Reynolds.
    He and Benintendi together would be unreal. We need the contact guys mixed in with what we have.

vCash

I think this may be how it will work out. But, I'm holding out hope for Dansby to stay. I know his family, and they want him to stay. He just got married - which may impact things. His grandfather just died too - and that may impact things.
    Or - it all goes out the window for a big check.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'm glad that Contreras got sent to the Brewers. He will be getting more playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I'm glad that Contreras got sent to the Brewers. He will be getting more playing time.
    Hated to lose him.

vCash
    AA is running this team like I ran things on EA sports in my college dorm. Go grab the next best thing and not worry about leadership or the clubhouse. Letting Freddie walk was one thing but I don’t understand not at least making a competitive offer to dansby. I wouldn’t go 25+ but I’d guarantee you he’d take 22 mil at 7-8 yrs if offered. And I’m not a gigantic dansby fan but it’s obvious what he brings to the team on so many levels. Let’s face it albies and acuna are not team leaders…Olsen is too new…Harris and riley prolly will take over that role but it will be unnatural because they’re so young.

Not to mention taking dansby off short really hurts the pitching staff. I like Murphy and am ok trading WC but he needs to make a legit push for Swanson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    AA is running this team like I ran things on EA sports in my college dorm. Go grab the next best thing and not worry about leadership or the clubhouse. Letting Freddie walk was one thing but I don?t understand not at least making a competitive offer to dansby. I wouldn?t go 25+ but I?d guarantee you he?d take 22 mil at 7-8 yrs if offered. And I?m not a gigantic dansby fan but it?s obvious what he brings to the team on so many levels. Let?s face it albies and acuna are not team leaders?Olsen is too new?Harris and riley prolly will take over that role but it will be unnatural because they?re so young.

Not to mention taking dansby off short really hurts the pitching staff. I like Murphy and am ok trading WC but he needs to make a legit push for Swanson.
    TDA is probably the biggest leader of positional guys. Morton on the pitching side. Both are back.

And albies is a leader on the team.

Swanson at 8 years is a mistake imo. The braves offered 6 years 140 million supposedly. That's more than fair. Just bc the padres, Phillies, and giants lost their minds, it doesn't mean the braves should
    Last edited by msstate7; 12-15-2022 at 09:21 AM.

vCash
    I love Dansby and is a great SS but I have trouble with players best offensive numbers occurring during their free agent season. Do we want to be paying a 37-38 year old SS over $20 MIL per season? I don't think we can and try to sign Fried to an extension. I also think we don't really want to go over on the luxury tax. I do worry about the clubhouse though.