Thread: OT: Nissan Titan Trucks

vCash

OT: Nissan Titan Trucks

What?s the board?s opinion on these trucks? I know nothing about them. The dealer I bought my 2016 Lariat from called and wants to know if I would sell mine back to them and trade for a 2018 Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4 loaded with 82k miles.. What say you good people?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    What?s the board?s opinion on these trucks? I know nothing about them. The dealer I bought my 2016 Lariat from called and wants to know if I would sell mine back to them and trade for a 2018 Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4 loaded with 82k miles.. What say you good people?
    I swore off Nissan in 2016. I've owned a Sentra, an Altima, an X-Terra and a Pathfinder. The Sentra and Altima were great. The other 2 sucked. Gas mileage for them both was horrible, and I believe Titans have the worst mpg out of all the large trucks. The Pathfinder was 2 years old and falling apart when we traded it in. We were praying it would make it to the dealership before it gave out. Today's Nissan is not the Nissan of 15 or 20 years ago.

ETA: I drove a 2010 F-150 for 7 years, and I'm 5.5 years into my 2018 F-150. Zero trouble with either. I would never consider trading in my F-150 for a Nissan. My brother had a Titan about 10 years ago and he got rid of it as fast as he could.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 11-14-2022 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    I have a 2008 Nissan Titan with 226K miles on it. Been trouble free except for standard maintenance on a vehicle with that many miles.

I lemon lawed a 2006 F150 and bought it.

We also have a 2018 Nissan Armada. Love it too. I love the Nissan VK56 V8 in both of them. Gas mileage isn't as good as some others, but it also doesn't have that start/stop crap that turns the engine off at stoplights.

Overall for the money I don't think you can beat the Titan. They also have a 5 year 100K warranty from 2017 and on.

The 2020 and newer models have the 9 speed transmission and the 2016-2019 have the 7 speed transmission.

vCash
    I have a good friend that works at Nissan. He doesn’t work on the line he’s higher up than that. He’s always dogging me to trade my 2014 Toyota Tundra for a new Titan. He admits awhile back they were a inferior product. But he says today’s Titan he would stack up against a Tundra. I don’t know about that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    I'm always hesitant to give advice on vehicles but I've had a Nissan car and Nissan Frontier truck and both were cheap made and nothing but pits to throw money in. Granted this was a while ago but if I ever purchase another Nissan it means I've gone completely off my rocker. Take that for what it's worth. I'm sure the next guy will tell you he had one for 250,000 miles and never did anything but put one tank of gas in it. Just do a lot of research.

vCash
    I bought a Frontier for one of my sons in 2012 and it was junk. Never again!

vCash
    Updated:

RAM Diesel if towing

If not, then Tundra and can stomach the lousy gas mileage
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 11-14-2022 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Nissan is trash

vCash
    Coming from someone who has first hand experience with the production line of Canton Nissan, I wouldn't touch them at all. They've might have gotten better, but Canton produced Titan, Frontier, Murano, LCV, and Altima for NA back before 2019. They've moved some production around to TN and other areas, but Titan was one of the worst rated trucks, especially their diesel.

vCash
    I'd stay away.

vCash
    Older model, but we inherited my father-in-laws 2001 with about 20K miles on it several years ago and sold it two years ago with 67K for a fair price to a friend. It was not a V8, but a double overhead cam 6 maybe. One thing for sure, it drank gas and I was ready to see it go. BTW, I think I read an article a few weeks ago that Nissan is giving up the big pickup market due to very poor sales, not a good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Older model, but we inherited my father-in-laws 2001.
    Impossible. The first Titan model year was 2003.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I bought a Frontier for one of my sons in 2012 and it was junk. Never again!
    The new Frontier is 1000X better than previous model.

New engine and a 9-speed transmission. The body design looks great, especially the front end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Coming from someone who has first hand experience with the production line of Canton Nissan, I wouldn't touch them at all. They've might have gotten better, but Canton produced Titan, Frontier, Murano, LCV, and Altima for NA back before 2019. They've moved some production around to TN and other areas, but Titan was one of the worst rated trucks, especially their diesel.
    Had a relative with the titan diesel and it was a nightmare. Think it got under 8 mpg. Apparently his choice was to live with the shitty gas mileage or have somebody "turn off" all the environmental controls (which I think may be illegal?) and void his warranty but get good (or maybe just the advertised?) gas mileage. He traded it in and took a pretty good hit. I think this was 5 or 6 years ago but I'm so bad at keeping up with time that I wouldn't bet on that.

I know every manufacturer has multiple shitty stories out there, but having a truck get something like half the advertised gas mileage and the dealer saying, "whelp, sucks to be you" definitely left a negative impression to me.

vCash
    One thing you'll note when people talk trash about them rarely do they have first hand experience.

I've personally had very good experiences with Nissan and horrible with Ford (multiple vehicles). Most recently a Ford dealer tried to weasel their way out of warranty work on my company truck. I've had more issues with my Ford company trucks than my Nissans.

vCash
    Canton plant had troubled finding quality workers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Canton plant had troubled finding quality workers
    this was a major problem with a non experienced work force in the beginning.