Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been thinking about this Leach situation today...

vCash

Been thinking about this Leach situation today...

Since we have several like me that are pretty certain this Air Bone isn't going to work in the SEC, yet many of you think we need to "give it time" (eye roll), I think I may have a proposal....

Would everyone at least agree that he needs to bring in one of his disciples with a younger and more modern approach as an OC that can create some variations to mix in with Leach's air raid? Since we are unlikely to fire him after 7 wins, and he's unlikely to retire when he can mope around here and make $5 million a year, can we at least force him to hire someone to advance his offense out of the 90's? Maybe even Spurrier Jr could be given the reigns of the offense, something, anything to provide a spark, a variation, an adjustment. We should all agree this offense needs a Red Bull, so how can we do it to make both sides happy?

I'm all for canning his ass, but I know it ain't happening because we're little ol State that thinks we can't do no better than 7 wins....so there has to be a solution that isn't just sitting here watching us continue to do nothing against teams above .500 as our crowds dwindle, recruiting tanks, and NIL gains nothing.

Thoughts?

vCash
    As for Spurrier Jr., unless Leach is holding him back, our WR room leaves a lot to be desired and Leach does not seem happy with it at all. JMO.

vCash
    Big dual threat QB.

Banned
    vCash
    Tell me what's the difference between 2020 LSU and 2022 Second half LSU; 2020 Georgia and 2022 Georgia.

We had a QB in 2020 games who would throw the deep ball even if it was wobbly.

We have a QB now who refuses to do so even when it's so clearly there presnap.

Will was making the same reads that I was from my aerial view of the field in 5.5 of the first 6 games. Been non existent since.

Is he hurt and we don't know it? Either way... you have to take shots. Attack them where they are weak is the whole philosophy. Hard to believe teams scheming to stop our heavy dosage of 10 yards and under plays aren't weaker over the top and to the outside.

It's indefensible. Will needs to either grow a pair, grow a cannon arm, or go. It's up to Leach whether he wants to hitch his wagon along with him. He's not running the full offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tell me what's the difference between 2020 LSU and 2022 Second half LSU; 2020 Georgia and 2022 Georgia.

We had a QB in 2020 games who would throw the deep ball even if it was wobbly.

We have a QB now who refuses to do so even when it's so clearly there presnap.

Will was making the same reads that I was from my aerial view of the field in 5.5 of the first 6 games. Been non existent since.

Is he hurt and we don't know it? Either way... you have to take shots. Attack them where they are weak is the whole philosophy. Hard to believe teams scheming to stop our heavy dosage of 10 yards and under plays aren't weaker over the top and to the outside.

It's indefensible. Will needs to either grow a pair, grow a cannon arm, or go. It's up to Leach whether he wants to hitch his wagon along with him. He's not running the full offense.

Will's lack of progress is very disappointing. He can't process what's going on quickly enough. I think he's also one of those people who overthinks things sometimes. He actually reminds me of Matt Wyatt. Matt was MUCH better in a no huddle hurry up situation where he just had to run the play and get the ball out. The less he had to think the better he was.

Will is part of the reason why I give Leach a longer leash than others. If we can cycle him out and get Sawyer or Locke up to speed then I think we're going to really see the offense make a big jump.

As long as Will is here he's going to need Dillion Johnson to be his safety net.

vCash
    At a minimum he needs to hire a QB coach who can work not only with WR but also the backups.

vCash
    New Qb and OC

vCash
    I seriously doubt Leach will hire someone to help him with his offense.

vCash
    Doubt if he would hand the offensive reins over to another coach, so that's that probably.

vCash
    If you are to the point that you believe a HC like Leach needs to hire an OC...then you are better off asking for a HC change instead. Not calling for his firing but he is not turning over his offense to be revamped and someone else to call plays.

vCash
    If all you did was look at stats then Rogers seems like a great QB which is why all we hear from announcers and talking heads is how accurate and great at decision making Rogers is. They apparently don't want game film. To touch on what Tater mentioned earlier it is something to note that watching Costello and Rogers is like watching two different offenses (lets ignore the fact that Costello was awful too for a second). Costello made you think we were always a threat anywhere on the field while watching Will we already know nine times out of ten where the ball is going to go. I'd like to see another QB be given the reins before I close the book on Leach.

Btw here's something that gave me a chuckle while looking up Will's draft stock:

Per https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...ssissippiState "Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner."

Thedraftnetwork.com praises Rogers ability to extend plays with his legs.

si.com gives him a 2nd round grade and says, "He can scramble for yards if the play breaks down,"

vCash
    If I was Keenum I'd tell Leach in the year end evaluation that '23 is THE year to make it work. Get a good portal QB that is mobile, add a serious ground support element to the air raid and beating OM next year is a MUST or we will move on. If he squawks at any of that I'd tell him he seriously needs to consider retirement b/c this is what HAS to happen for him to be retained after '23.

vCash
    You can't put a requirement on any single game a year in advance. You're telling me that if we go 10-2 next year but 1 of the 2 is Ole Miss, you'd fire him?

Now you can tell him the potential is out there and make that call in mid-November once we know how good we and Ole Miss are, but even then the full body of work should determine whether he is retained, not 1 game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You can't put a requirement on any single game a year in advance. You're telling me that if we go 10-2 next year but 1 of the 2 is Ole Miss, you'd fire him?

Now you can tell him the potential is out there and make that call in mid-November once we know how good we and Ole Miss are, but even then the full body of work should determine whether he is retained, not 1 game.
    Bruh, we ain't going 10-2 next year, especially if Will is still QB1. And yes, if we lose three in a row to OM, you better believe beating them in '23 is a MUST.

Actually, I'm betting Leach retires first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Bruh, we ain't going 10-2 next year, especially if Will is still QB1. And yes, if we lose three in a row to OM, you better believe beating them in '23 is a MUST.

Actually, I'm betting Leach retires first.
    We're talking about HYPOTHETICAL situations. If we are 10-2 with a loss to Ole Miss, it would be the stupidest firing in NCAA history to get rid of Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Since we have several like me that are pretty certain this Air Bone isn't going to work in the SEC, yet many of you think we need to "give it time" (eye roll), I think I may have a proposal....

Would everyone at least agree that he needs to bring in one of his disciples with a younger and more modern approach as an OC that can create some variations to mix in with Leach's air raid? Since we are unlikely to fire him after 7 wins, and he's unlikely to retire when he can mope around here and make $5 million a year, can we at least force him to hire someone to advance his offense out of the 90's? Maybe even Spurrier Jr could be given the reigns of the offense, something, anything to provide a spark, a variation, an adjustment. We should all agree this offense needs a Red Bull, so how can we do it to make both sides happy?

I'm all for canning his ass, but I know it ain't happening because we're little ol State that thinks we can't do no better than 7 wins....so there has to be a solution that isn't just sitting here watching us continue to do nothing against teams above .500 as our crowds dwindle, recruiting tanks, and NIL gains nothing.

Thoughts?
    I don't think it would even take that much Cadaver. It could be argued that you really don't need changes other than a QB who is given the discretion to run and who has the ability to run, just a little bit. Will doesn't have that and never will. Get someone who can and this offense looks much different.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Joe Morehead averaged 400.2 yards in 2019 (got fired) - Leach is averaging 396.4 in his 3rd year with the most returning players in the SEC. No matter what, that's an eye opening stat that must be carefully considered if we lose to Ole Miss (again).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We're talking about HYPOTHETICAL situations. If we are 10-2 with a loss to Ole Miss, it would be the stupidest firing in NCAA history to get rid of Leach.
    We ain't going 10-2 next year. There's nothing hypothetical about it. We got a QB that sucks his nads up his ass in big games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Joe Morehead averaged 400.2 yards in 2019 (got fired) - Leach is averaging 396.4 in his 3rd year with the most returning players in the SEC. No matter what, that's an eye opening stat that must be carefully considered if we lose to Ole Miss (again).
    Joe Moorhead got fired due to off the field issues, including but not limited to a starting LB breaking the facr of the starting QB.

Ultimately that was lucky for us, because we would have been much worse in 2020-21 had he kept his job, but you just can't compare his on-field results as "what gets you fired at MSU."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We ain't going 10-2 next year. There's nothing hypothetical about it. We got a QB that sucks his nads up his ass in big games.
    This isn't about how likely any scenario is, it is what happens in that scenario. Are you too scared to admit that there is a scenario in which Leach could lose the Egg Bowl in 2023 and be retained in 2024 even in your eyes?