Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malik Heath

vCash

Malik Heath

I remember seeing many people talk about how Heath was a cancer and had dropped down our depth chart, etc when he transferred to Ole Miss....

What does it say about our coach and offense that he is now one of, if not THE, go-to receiver on a top 15 team that just took Bama to the wire? Could we use a guy like that? Just wondering what the experts think. I'll hang up and listen.

vCash
    Some coaches won't tolerate attitude, some will. A WR that was on the team 2 years ago said Heath was physically the best WR we had at that time.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It?s weird how he stopped dropping passes and stopped fumbling in critical moments when he got to ole miss

Sounds like he has a better wide receiver coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It?s weird how he stopped dropping passes and stopped fumbling in critical moments when he got to ole miss

Maybe the wreck knocked some sense into him.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash

He's dropped passes this year. But Leach does nothing to free up WRs outside his basic ass play napkin. He doesn't scheme things up to attack defenses.

vCash
    Maybe having someone who can deliver the ball?!!? Asking for a friend.

vCash
    He doesn?t have 11 other receivers to compete with for playing time to run 8 yard routes.

vCash

He's definitely playing in a much more exciting passing game and it hurts me to type that. But we should have let him go after the Tulsa game as he was an embarrassment to the University during the fight and his video in the locker room .Heard there were other issues last year. OM thought he was a thug when at State, seems to fit in fine there now. Sure they will target him heavily Thanksgiving night and the announcers will eat it up. Never played this hard for us. Whatever.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-13-2022 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    It's 1000% scheme. Our scheme lets no one get in rhythm. We use way too many WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I remember seeing many people talk about how Heath was a cancer and had dropped down our depth chart, etc when he transferred to Ole Miss....

What does it say about our coach and offense that he is now one of, if not THE, go-to receiver on a top 15 team that just took Bama to the wire? Could we use a guy like that? Just wondering what the experts think. I'll hang up and listen.
    Saw a stat on him a couple of weeks ago and I doubt his numbers have drastically change since then but he averaged 40 ypg receiving last year and was averaging 54-55 this year. That's not some huge jump. Not sure on td's but I'm sure they're up some.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    He doesn?t have 11 other receivers to compete with for playing time to run 8 yard routes.
    There is some serious truth to this. We sub way too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    It's 1000% scheme. Our scheme lets no one get in rhythm. We use way too many WR
    On every team there is a Alpha male, a give me the ball when we need a big play big time player. Who is this player on MSU?? AW?? Please tell me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    On every team there is a Alpha male, a give me the ball when we need a big play big time player. Who is this player on MSU?? AW?? Please tell me.
    Unfortunately our scheme doesn't allow for a "hot hand". It's whatever the napkin says, not throw it to our best guy. Yet another reason we are so easy to defend and why this shit won't ever work against good teams in this league.

vCash
    Unfortunately our scheme doesn't allow for a "hot hand". It's whatever the napkin says, not throw it to our best guy. Yet another reason we are so easy to defend and why this shit won't ever work against good teams in this league.
    Yep. Leach's definition of balance

vCash
    Yea I reckon that's why Michael Crabtree & Wes Welker sucked as college receivers.

Some of it might be primarily due to the guy who can't seem to get them the ball. Can't stare them down the whole way down the field. And gotta sometimes hold onto it for more than 2 seconds before throwing it too.

However, I will reiterate ... ultimately it all boils up to Leach, whatever it is.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-14-2022 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    losing Polk was a big loss---no one has stepped up

vCash
    He is still a me me "look at me player" . On at least one play. when he wasn't the primary receiver, and he knew the ball wasn't coming to him, he didn't even actually run his route. He just stopped.

vCash
    However bad you thought malik was as a team cancer, triple that. He was worse than what was let out from practice when it came to attitude and effort. We pushed him out the door essentially.

vCash
    he'll be an XFL player, if the coaches can stand his personality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    However bad you thought malik was as a team cancer, triple that. He was worse than what was let out from practice when it came to attitude and effort. We pushed him out the door essentially.
    Clearly he's destroying the Ole Miss locker room.*

Maybe we are just mentally weak as a program. How can Lane Kiffin's immature ass get Malik in line but he is "a cancer" to the maximum degree at State? I'm sick of the excuses with our program. We'll never be a big dog if we pee like a puppy.