Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas vs bears/sharks/rebels

vCash
    Arkansas has a chance to beat them if KJ plays. If not, I don’t see them holding much shot. Hopefully KJ is ready to go and can play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Crown ?em
    Depends on the game.

vCash
    Not gonna make a prediction but OM has played 4 away games ... @Ga Tech, @Vandy, @LSU, @TAM. Not a staunch road schedule there. They got thumped by LSU and squeaked by TAM. I don't think they're that good of road team but Kiffin is a good motivator.

Historically speaking OM does seem snakebit in Fayetteville. 4th and 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not gonna make a prediction but OM has played 4 away games ... @Ga Tech, @Vandy, @LSU, @TAM. Not a staunch road schedule there. They got thumped by LSU and squeaked by TAM. I don't think they're that good of road team but Kiffin is a good motivator.

Historically speaking OM does seem snakebit in Fayetteville. 4th and 25.
    4th and 25 was in Oxford. But your point is taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    4th and 25 was in Oxford. But your point is taken.
    Oops. I couldn't remember but I just figured there was no way they made 4th and 25 in Oxford. We dodged a serious bullet in that one LOL (which I thought at the time).

We probably need to hire Freeze then. Losing to Memphis and giving up 4th and 25 to lose SECW all in same year. Fire Leach ... Hire Freeze ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Our defense Gives us a good chance in the egg. Our offense...... not so much. I think both teams will be playing for 8-4.
    Our defense is 9th in scoring and our offense is 7th, true?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Depends on the game.
    Not that we are good either, but OM best win is a 3 point win at home vs a 6-5 KY. And behind that is a shootout win vs auburn and a 3 point win vs 3-7 Aggie. Then Vandy, GT, Troy, Tulsa, central Arkansas. That's their 8 wins. We'd be 8-2 too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Not that we are good either, but OM best win is a 3 point win at home vs a 6-5 KY. And behind that is a shootout win vs auburn and a 3 point win vs 3-7 Aggie. Then Vandy, GT, Troy, Tulsa, central Arkansas. That's their 8 wins. We'd be 8-2 too.
    anybody thinking we are as good as Mississippi is kidding themselves. We arent beating them at home. They damn near beat Bama at home. We are not that team.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    anybody thinking we are as good as Mississippi is kidding themselves. We arent beating them at home. They damn near beat Bama at home. We are not that team.
    Exactly. It always amazes me how a big portion of our message board fans think Ole Miss is going to lose every week, yet they don't. I remember all the "easy schedule but they'll still only win 8" posts. They will beat Arkansas and dismantle us, and will go 10-2. I guess some of y'all just post your hopes on here instead of what you actually know is going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We can't win on the road with a 3rd year program coach so that's no Bueno.

vCash
    This game is my guilty pleasure game. It seems like something off the wall or crazy happens every year. I feel like if I named 10 crazy football games that I?ve watched in my lifetime, half of them would be Ole Miss/Arkansas games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Exactly. It always amazes me how a big portion of our message board fans think Ole Miss is going to lose every week, yet they don't. I remember all the "easy schedule but they'll still only win 8" posts. They will beat Arkansas and dismantle us, and will go 10-2. I guess some of y'all just post your hopes on here instead of what you actually know is going to happen.
    I mean, those people are overboard, but Ole Miss struggled against Tulsa, struggled against UK at home, got demolished by LSU, struggled @A&M.

Now, they did scare Bama and take care of Vandy, Auburn, Ga Tech, Central Arkansas, and Troy. And of course, those teams they struggled with they still came away with a W.

We are not good (and we seem to have regressed even), so I'm not trying to say it's going to be a pickem in Oxford or anything, but certainly @Arkansas is dangerous for them. Even playing us in Oxford, while they should be solidly favored, the only game that indicates they are really better than us is them showing up against Bama and UK whereas we just had our testicles shrivel up in both those games.

vCash
    The spread is 2-1/2 ole miss. I think this is gonna go down to the wire.

vCash
    The bigger question with this game is how does OM respond after a loss like that? They were playing for a shot at another NY6 bowl last week. Now they need Bama to lose to Auburn in Tuscaloosa to have any shot. I think State has a greater chance of winning the Egg Bowl than that happening. OM (#14) laying less than a FG against a 5-5 team playing for bowl eligibility makes me think taking OM is bait. Ark always plays them tough so give me the Hogs in a really physical game.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    The spread is 2-1/2 ole miss. I think this is gonna go down to the wire.

The first half spread is UM -0.5. That is the better play. They always start good until teams get used to the tempo.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It's at night with near freezing temps.

I'm gonna have my popcorn ready.

vCash
    I think Arkansas is gonna win.

vCash
    Our defense Gives us a good chance in the egg. Our offense...... not so much. I think both teams will be playing for 8-4.
    Yes but that OM defense is soft as hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Yes but that OM defense is soft as hell
    lol. They give up one more point per game than we do in conference. They are 4 points better overall. What does that makes us?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is