Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So we have two choices....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    1. Be happy with 6-6/7-5 and continuing the bowl streak every year against someone like Miami of Ohio in the weed eater bowl. Meanwhile we continue to battle Vandy as the worst attended SEC football program, and overall enthusiasm continues to dwindle.

I know it sounds spoiled to complain about 7-5, but it is what it is. 7-5 has gotten stale. I just want us to have hope going in to big games. I can take 7-5 if we at least have a chance against the big boys. With Leach, we don't...and we won't. Argue all you want, but you know it's true.

2. Get rid of Leach/Encourage him to retire with pay....and take a chance on hiring someone that could potentially give us hope against the big boys.

I know it's risky. And it could result in Jimbo-like results. But we aren't beating LSU, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, or Ole Miss again under Leach. Not with their current coaches. So do you risk losing the Belk bowl for a long shot chance at the Sugar?

I totally get the fear many have of going with a risky hire and potentially losing our bowl streak. I know we're poor State and it could be much worse. But how much NIL money will come in if we continue showing no ability to compete with the better teams? What is the advantage of staying at a pretty much guaranteed 6-6/7-5/8-4? These days damn near everyone goes bowling. Does anyone remember who won the Texas Bowl the last few years? Me neither.

We have to decide if we're wanting to try to compete, or if we're ok with being a 6-6 type program going forward. If you think we're going to increase our money as a 6-6/7-5 program...we're not. And yes, Ole Miss is committed and running circles around us. So are we going to get serious about football, or not? Are you good with 7-5 and a bowl while others are pumping in money to compete? You cool with pushing harder at hoops and baseball and sucking at football?

Those are the questions State fans and admin must answer. Are we all in on the #1 money maker sport, or are we too conservative (scared) to take a chance on being better? Maybe we can, maybe we can't...but as my grandpa said, "can't never could". I think we can do better. There's no way Ole Miss can consistently be top 15 taking Bama to the wire, and we have to settle for 30 point ass whippings against them. The Grove ain't that special...Oxford ain't that great....it's a commitment. A commitment we don't have. We can, we should...we don't. We would rather feel sorry for ourselves. Ole Miss is elitist, and pricks...but you can't deny their confidence, and the expectations they have. We are chicken shits with no confidence we can step up and get it done. So we settle. We settle for mediocre. We settle for a little better than average. We settle for "upper half of the league". "It's the SEC West" after all. "These teams have more money than us". "These teams have towns with more to offer". Bunch of damn excuses if you ask me.

Commit, 100%...or commit to not committing so those that want to win at a high level can commit their time and money and weekends to something or somebody that wants to succeed.
    Question I thought about today,

How good would our present team be with Dak at his Jr Sr level?

In other words id Leach a QB away from being pretty good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Question I thought about today,

How good would our present team be with Dak at his Jr Sr level?

In other words id Leach a QB away from being pretty good?
    I guess we'll never know since he keeps trotting Will out there. I wish someone else would get a shot next week... and next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I guess we'll never know since he keeps trotting Will out there. I wish someone else would get a shot next week... and next year.
    You really do not believe Leach knows who his best QB is, do you? If 2015 Dak was presently at State you believe Leach would trot Will out on the field, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    You really do not believe Leach knows who his best QB is, do you? If 2015 Dak was presently at State you believe Leach would trot Will out on the field, right?
    At this point, I’m of the belief that Leach is hitching his wagon to Will sink or swim. His refusal to let Sawyer get snaps in blow outs with the 1s has signaled that in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    At this point, I’m of the belief that Leach is hitching his wagon to Will sink or swim. His refusal to let Sawyer get snaps in blow outs with the 1s has signaled that in my opinion.
    Or he values getting the starter as many reps as possible more than he values getting the backup ready.