Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Believe me if you want to but I?m telling the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I think some of our WRs are dropping passes on purpose because they want our politically conservative coach to move on or get fired.

They are malcontents and Leach doesn't even know it.
    We are in the era of the "conspiracy". I feel for you ppl, I really do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    WTF - seriously? They are cutting their own throat draft wise! Very short sighted position if true!
    Dude, there hasn't been a draft since 1972.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm not a Leach fan, but I don't believe he will be fired. I don't think there's enough to justify it either. He's ok, but not great. I don't love that he's our coach, but he is, and he will be next year, unless he leaves or retires. I'll support him and the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Dude, there hasn't been a draft since 1972.
    I'm reading this a small shot towards our inability to have a receiver drafted since Clinton was in office. If I'm right, F U! If I'm wrong, carry on.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I'm reading this a small shot towards our inability to have a receiver drafted since Clinton was in office. If I'm right, F U! If I'm wrong, carry on.
    Think TUSK is talking about the draft that gave you a chance to travel to an exotic country for a year/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Think TUSK is talking about the draft that gave you a chance to travel to an exotic country for a year/
    Haha for sure just knowing Tusk, always got to watch out for those sideswipes.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we fire Leach, and that is a gigantic if because I do not believe it happens, then that means this plan was in motion weeks ago and Cohen and Keenum had already identified 2 to 3 potential candidates. The call would now have to come from Keenum and although he does love MSU I highly doubt he makes that decision just on his own.
    If so, I hope Cohen was in no way involved! He of the 58 point checklist at AU. BTW, he said a day or two ago that he will make the HC decision. Mr. Cohen, Yellawood on line One! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    If we make decisions like that, then we deserve the Croom years again. Anyone who makes Ole Miss our measuring stick isn't qualified to be in administration. Either we're headed in the right direction, or we're not. One game (or even 3) against Ole Miss has no bearing on that.
    It will not be because of a 3rd straight loss to OM. It could be because of how terrible our boring, predictable, disappearing act of an offense has looked in every loss, and even a win in the AU game.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-14-2022 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I thought at first he was quoting Stripes... but that line was:

Pvt: ...I thought I better join before I got drafted."
    Sgt Hulka: "Son, there ain't no draft no more."
    Pvt: "There was one?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Mike Leach isn't getting fired short of pulling a Richard Williams. You guys can forget it.
    I agree with you that its highly unlikely. But here is what I know:

A) Leach is considering walking away
    B) We have Boosters talking between each other about donating to his buyout or a care package to walk away
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree with you that its highly unlikely. But here is what I know:

A) Leach is considering walking away
    B) We have Boosters talking between each other about donating to his buyout or a care package to walk away
    Was not told about part A but part B is true .

We have boosters that have hated Leach since Cohen hired him. There was a small minority that wanted him gone after year 1.

The reason I?m very confident in my statement starting the thread is because it?s 2 different bulldog club members saying that.

Hopefully we do win the egg bowl though and it does work out.

Both of the BDC members were the ones all in on Billy Napier but of course he turned it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Both of the BDC members were the ones all in on Billy Napier but of course he turned it down.
    LOL, maybe those 2 should sit this one out. Most of these mid-major heroes fail at the big stage: Just in the last few years, people had high hopes for all of these coaches who went bust - Chad Morris, Justin Fuente, Bryan Harsin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, Willie Taggart, Scott Frost, Al Golden, Gary Andersen (twice), Mike MacIntyre (except for the one year), Bronco Mendenhall, Mike London, Randy Edsall, Tom Herman, and that's just who I thought of off the top of my head in a minute. Neal Brown and Eli Drinkwitz are headed there, with Mike Norvell and Billy Napier fairly likely going there too.

If we can hire a proven P5 head coach like Mike Gundy, then absolutely fire Leach tomorrow. But short of that, "mid major roulette" is a long shot to even get us back to the Mullen/Leach 7-5 average, much less improve on it.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 11-14-2022 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    what about Todd Monken? No idea if he wants to be a HC though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If so, I hope Cohen was in no way involved! He of the 58 point checklist at AU. BTW, he said a day or two ago that he will make the HC decision. Mr. Cohen, Yellawood on line One! Hail State!
    Good news is it was only a 56 point checklist for our hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Was not told about part A but part B is true .

We have boosters that have hated Leach since Cohen hired him. There was a small minority that wanted him gone after year 1.

The reason I?m very confident in my statement starting the thread is because it?s 2 different bulldog club members saying that.

Hopefully we do win the egg bowl though and it does work out.

Billy Napier 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

Mike Leach 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

I wonder how they feel today? Probably would still take Billy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    what about Todd Monken? No idea if he wants to be a HC though.
    I think he hates recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Billy Napier 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

Mike Leach 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

I wonder how they feel today? Probably would still take Billy.
    In defense of Napier, it is his first year and yes he has good talent currently but his teams are putting up a fight and looking competent on the offensive side of the ball.

Ever since the Kentucky game which was game 2 for napier, his offense hasnt looked dumb and unwatchable at any point unless you consider the Georgia game, but even then its year 1 and its against UGA

He has obviously improved their recruiting over what mullen was doing and I think he will be a solid 9-10 win coach for Florida until they fire him for only winning 9 or 10 games

State made Napier so no multiple times with really good offers money wise.

Only problem was that Napier knew he could just wait for a bigger job like Florida instead of taking this. I think Napier wouldve been way better than moorhead in 2018 but he wasnt near ready for that yet.

I remember some talk also about Steve Sarkisian but he also waited out for bigger and got texas.