Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Believe me if you want to but I?m telling the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yea ... LOL. That's what I thought too.

My complaints with Leach ain't the offense. My main complaint is personnel. Outside of the RBs, our offensive skill players ain't tough. Will don't wanna get hit, receivers don't wanna get hit or be physical, etc. Harvey is the toughest skill player we have (not including RBs).

My other concern and maybe complaint ... Leach ain't a present day coach not because of his offense, but because he's old school and not a psychological motivator type coach. Leach is just a "do you job" coach. He doesn't pat players on the back at all, and while he is critical, he used to be more vocal about it, but he's gotten into trouble for it.

Kiffin is more of a present day coach, more of a motivator. Kiffin got his guys up to play hard yesterday and fight. OM is a good team but Bama sleep walked thru that game yesterday, except when they needed to dominate a play or 2 or 3 ... then they did. They could've done the same thing to OM that LSU did if they had really wanted to.

Ultimately it all rolls up to Leach tho. Whether it's motivation, skill player toughness, offense, or whatever. If Arnett's D sucked that's on Leach to fix too.
    Ducking is the softest receiver we have, Harvey the toughest. Will is soft . I don’t see any problem with the defense they are good and made the stops but the officials intervened several times.

We have four losses, three of those we aren’t winning no matter who is coaching.

Next year there will be enough wins with a soft schedule Leach can retire here if he wants, it’s his third full season and fourth if you count COVID. The program will start arcing up when the more talented qbs get on the field and the offensive line is fully built.

The agenda driven people will still bitch, but even now they are a very small minority.

vCash
    I for one wasn’t crazy bout the hire. Seems he has underachieved, we haven’t improved or gotten better especially this year. 7-5 isn’t all bad, I hope we win our bowl game. Also I have never pulled against us nor wanted us to lose. I just don’t have confidence in the offense.

Hail State!

P.s. I wasn’t crazy bout Jans when he was named HC, changed my mine after a 3-0 start. Love his “let’s get after the opponent”. Jans can Coach pretty easy to see. I know basketball, LOL but true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Center-left?
    What’s funny about that, Leach got some flak from some liberal media types on the other site because he spoke at a Trump event in Washington.

At WSU his only detractors came about because he spoke at a Trump event and the hard core leftists won’t forgive him. People that respect a Leach off the field tend to be libertarian, free thinkers, conservatives

Ignorance abounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I for one wasn?t crazy bout the hire. Seems he has underachieved, we haven?t improved or gotten better especially this year. 7-5 isn?t all bad, I hope we win our bowl game. Also I have never pulled against us nor wanted us to lose. I just don?t have confidence in the offense.

Hail State!

P.s. I wasn?t crazy bout Jans when he was named HC, changed my mine after a 3-0 start. Love his ?let?s get after the opponent?. Jans can Coach pretty easy to see. I know basketball, LOL but true.
    It's still very early with Jans but I see some good stuff. But ... I saw flashes with Howland a few times too. Seven would hire him back tomorrow ****

7 or so years ago when Kirby went 6-6 at Ga everyone on here was laughing at him. I said it's his 1st year give him some time. Of course it didn't take him long but he started with a lot more talent too.

3 years ago when Kiffin was hired everyone was laughing at that. I said I thought he was a good coach and the only thing that has held him back is personal decisions or actions. I actually would've preferred Kiffin myself but he isn't a good fit for Starkville and would be gone quick as a blink if he had years like you're seeing at OM and upper tier programs came at him with offers. He is a pretty good fit up at Oxford tho. We'll see what he does when he gets some good offers. I think he'll be very selective since he's been around the block a little and has seen some admins, boosters, and such.

I'm just ready for the next FB coach so I can say "Woohoo, we gonna win SEC now boys" with everyone else on here ****

vCash
    Center left? Hell they're probably Qanon if not worse.

vCash
    Seems he has underachieved
    I'm just not seeing this at all. He's won several games (2020 LSU, 2020 Missouri, 2020 Tulsa, 2021 Texas A&M, 2021 Auburn, 2022 Texas A&M, 2022 Arkansas, etc.) against teams who fully expected to beat us, games that a lot of people here figured we'd lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    It's still very early with Jans but I see some good stuff. But ... I saw flashes with Howland a few times too. Seven would hire him back tomorrow ****

7 or so years ago when Kirby went 6-6 at Ga everyone on here was laughing at him. I said it's his 1st year give him some time. Of course it didn't take him long but he started with a lot more talent too.

3 years ago when Kiffin was hired everyone was laughing at that. I said I thought he was a good coach and the only thing that has held him back is personal decisions or actions. I actually would've preferred Kiffin myself but he isn't a good fit for Starkville and would be gone quick as a blink if he had years like you're seeing at OM and upper tier programs came at him with offers. He is a pretty good fit up at Oxford tho. We'll see what he does when he gets some good offers. I think he'll be very selective since he's been around the block a little and has seen some admins, boosters, and such.

I'm just ready for the next FB coach so I can say "Woohoo, we gonna win SEC now boys" with everyone else on here ****
    Kiffin has proven he can Coach.

Jans can Coach, yes it’s early and it’s gonna be about recruiting moving forward. He was Jr College connections and that may help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'm just not seeing this at all. He's won several games (2020 LSU, 2020 Missouri, 2020 Tulsa, 2021 Texas A&M, 2021 Auburn, 2022 Texas A&M, 2022 Arkansas, etc.) against teams who fully expected to beat us, games that a lot of people here figured we'd lose.
    Isn’t he 17-17? He surely hasn’t overachieved. I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.

vCash
    Isn’t he 17-17? He surely hasn’t overachieved. I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.
    I think there's a band of several games in between "overachievement" and "underachievement." It's not an either/or, and it's also possible to do both (such as Memphis 2021, and it's looking more and more like Kentucky 2022 too)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I will give you LSU 2020, aTm 2021, Auburn 2021, but not Mizzou, Tulsa or Ark/aTm 2022. I believe we were favored in all of those. Leach has not won a big game yet this year. He can flip that script though Thanksgiving night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Beats the BlueAnon crowd
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Q-King and WhiskeyPirate are true blue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Q-King and WhiskeyPirate are true blue
    Don't leave out Beardo. He's the biggest Commie on the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Beardo is a solid dude he just has strange beliefs

vCash
    My boy beardo is left for sure, but he's great.

vCash
    Lol...sure, dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Beardo is a solid dude he just has strange beliefs

Only because I don't share your affinity for steak and ketchup!!***

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thanks, bud!

vCash
    This. He's one of the best posters and the funniest dude on here for sure!

vCash
    Without a doubt.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BeardoMSU;1468232]Only because I don't share your affinity for steak and ketchup!!***

Jake Wim and I back to back dying on that hill.