Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new coach and QB

vCash

Need a new coach and QB

Would a new AD fire Leach? I say no way after 7-5 season.

Nothing personal to Will either, but the athleticism is just not there for what you need to truly compete against the good teams.

vCash
    The only way I see us firing Leach (outside of getting beat by ETSU) is getting absolutely blown out in the Egg Bowl. Which is a possibility I guess.

But we're kind of stuck in the mud here. He'll continue to go 7-5/6-6 which is good enough for a lot of our fans, so it'll be hard to fire him. Our best hope is for him to retire.

vCash
    Keenum is obsessed with beating Ole Miss so that's our only hope for firing Leach if we lose again to them.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    So are we supposed to donate to the NIL or the buyout for firing? I?m confused***

vCash
    I'm good with CML is we can get a new QB. It's time to try something else. Will ain't gonna cut it against the better teams. He gives us no shot.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    With the right guy taking snaps, this could work, but man we have to be able to stretch the field. 5 guys running 4 yard routes isn?t doing shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    With the right guy taking snaps, this could work, but man we have to be able to stretch the field. 5 guys running 4 yard routes isn?t doing shit.
    That 3rd and 8 four yard to the flat before the 2nd field goal gave me Croom PTSD.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    How many times does Will immediately start getting flushed backwards with no chance at all to avoid it? Then he's in absolutely no position with his arm or speed to be able to get the ball anywhere. So many wasted downs

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Best case scenario?.we somehow win the egg bowl. Leach decides to retire. We shake hands and end on good terms. New AD finds a coach.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm good with CML is we can get a new QB. It's time to try something else. Will ain't gonna cut it against the better teams. He gives us no shot.
    This is where I stand. This offense can work. We need someone who can stretch the field & make better decisions. We need someone who is not a statue back there. They do not have to be Lamar Jackson, but maybe a Gardner Minshew type. Will also hasn't been nearly as accurate lately. Some of his short passes doesn't give receivers an opportunity to run after the catch. I think Leach knows Will is holding this offense back. That said, I feel like Leach is going to be loyal to Will & ride or die with him. Unfortunately.

vCash
    They aren?t going to keep a coach that loses 3 straight egg bowls

Been saying it for a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    They aren?t going to keep a coach that loses 3 straight egg bowls

Been saying it for a month.
    I'll ask the same question to you too: "Are you just completely indifferent to the idea that some Ole Miss teams are better than others and losing to a good one is less bad than losing to a bad one? That notion just doesn't register with you at all?"

vCash
    This thread shows just how many of our fans don't understand the problem with the 8 man drop. It creates two high safeties that take away any deep threats. Our offensive scheme is what keeps us from stretching the field, not our qb. It's why good defenses shut us down. It's not that complicated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'll ask the same question to you too: "Are you just completely indifferent to the idea that some Ole Miss teams are better than others and losing to a good one is less bad than losing to a bad one? That notion just doesn't register with you at all?"
    There is no moral victory in defeat. Stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This thread shows just how many of our fans don't understand the problem with the 8 man drop. It creates two high safeties that take away any deep threats. Our offensive scheme is what keeps us from stretching the field, not our qb. It's why good defenses shut us down. It's not that complicated.
    Georgia played man coverage the majority of the game they were not dropping 8. Even if they dropped 8 you change the routes to attack it. A swing pass is a freaking check down last resort. It's Wills 1st option.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-13-2022 at 04:29 AM.

vCash
    Cohen screwed us with Leach. If we fire him at the end of the season it will cost MSU $16.5 Million

vCash
    I have refused to talk about individual players but Will does not have what is required to run this offense. Period no if and buts. Just go ahead and face it. I watched Will numerous times last night stare at one receiver and one receiver only.

And we need a new coach in the worst way. We are playing the no 1 team in the country it’s early in the game and score is still reasonable we have 4th down and 6yrds to go at midfield and if don’t make it we just gave a very short field to the no 1 team in the country what does Leech call a 17’ing draw play that goes nowhere. Yes I am aware Ga didn’t score rather we intercepted a pass. Come on that was past being stupid.

That was a terrible play call first you should punt it and pin them deep forcing to go 80 yards instead of 50yrds OH I forgot we don’t have a capable punter for the second year in a row and who’s fault is that???

There are so many things wrong with Leech from not having a just serviceable punter for the 2nd year, not game planning, no in game adjustments, stubbornly staying with same QB, not developing another QB, roster management too many receivers etc etc etc

vCash
    Cowbell gets it. Ranch nailed it.

Sure teams play man occasionally but this scheme is all underneath routes. It's been said over and over by other college coaches and fans here.

Ranch, after listening to the Tucker Day interview, I just laugh when Leach goes off on players... especially special teams. Leach doesn't even participate in special teams practice, on the field.

vCash
    Tennessee offense is so fun to watch.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Georgia played man coverage the majority of the game they were not dropping 8. Even if they dropped 8 you change the routes to attack it. A swing pass is a freaking check down last resort. It's Wills 1st option.
    I hate to have to agree with this bc I like Will a lot as a person, but this is just a fact. A Gardner Minshew in this offense would make it explosive. Maybe Chris Parson is that guy but I really wish we could find a 1-2 year stop gap.