Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not even competitive

vCash

Not even competitive

We can't cover in the secondary, can't consistently catch the football, can't protect, refuse to try to run the football, slow at linebacker, can't punt for more than 35 yards, our recruiting is trending down, and we offer no variation to our offensive play calling against any one with a pulse on the other side even though we returned more starters than anybody in the SEC. Other than that though Leach has us going in the right direction.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Punt returns are trending up ***

vCash
    Dude, It was a 5 point game at half vs #1 team.. and the Refs 17ed us out of a fumble recovery.

vCash
    Lets tally the bad calls:

+1 UGA: State drive ends because the refs missed a roughing the passer call.

+2 UGA: gets a FG after the fumble was ruled down by progress on the quickest "forward progress" call in the history of the sport.

+1 UGA: State gets 1st and goal after a BS PI was called on UGA. We kicked a FG, and were in FG range when the call was made so it probably didnt' affect the score.

+2 UGA: On 2nd and short Bennett very clearly grounded, but the refs said he was outside the tackle box. WHile he did leave the tackle box earlier i nthe play, he drifted back in before he threw it. What should have been 3rd and long turned into 3rd and 3, which UGA converted and went on to score a TD.

+3 UGA: Out of the half UGA had a big TD run, but our safety was blocked in the back. No call.

+4 UGA: We stopped thme on 3rd and 8 but a phantom PI was called on us. UGA went on to score. Call was so bad the announcers were silent on replay- didn't even try to justify it.

+3 UGA: State gets bailed the **** out on the worst roughing the kicker call I've ever seen. Barely any contact and it was not a 15 yarder. State drives but no points.

+4 UGA: Bennett makes a bad pass, the WR commits OPI to break up the INT. Offense always gets away with this, but it was definitely OPI.

Im sure I missed a lot. But UGA was GIFTED at least 10 points, and almost every drive was mired by bad calls. It was made abundantly clear very early in the game we were not going to have a real chance to win.

Despite ALL that, we were down 5 at halftime, and it was close until Forbes ran into the kicker on the PAT. That and the late garbage time TD made it look less competitive than it was.

vCash
    And we also dropped Atleast one TD. Not to Mention the several other drops including the 2 point conversion. May as well also add in the complete misses by our QB who has decided he can’t hit the broadside of a barn sometimes.

I though we actually played better tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Dude, It was a 5 point game at half vs #1 team.. and the Refs 17ed us out of a fumble recovery.
    Exactly , obvious to any real,fan with a pulse

But OP has an agenda. You know these overweight peewee coaches are experts.

vCash
    Yeah, anyone who actually watched the game isn't going to say "not even competitive." We didn't execute very well, but it was a much better performance than we had against Kentucky, arguably against Auburn too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    We can't cover in the secondary, can't consistently catch the football, can't protect, refuse to try to run the football, slow at linebacker, can't punt for more than 35 yards, our recruiting is trending down, and we offer no variation to our offensive play calling against any one with a pulse on the other side even though we returned more starters than anybody in the SEC. Other than that though Leach has us going in the right direction.
    Not competitive? Tell me you don?t understand football without telling me you don?t understand football.

vCash
    We had 153 yards midway through the 3rd quarter.

vCash
    We haven't beat the spread or covered in a month

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yeah, anyone who actually watched the game isn't going to say "not even competitive." We didn't execute very well, but it was a much better performance than we had against Kentucky, arguably against Auburn too.
    We competed and played hard.

When does the "we didn't execute" get old? Everything about this game is the same stuff every week and every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We had 153 yards midway through the 3rd quarter.
    The TEAM was competitive with the #1 team in the country at the half. Hell, well into the 3rd we were giving them more than they wanted. The score is a TEAM result, and the score was close.

If you want to isolate the offense, no they did not pull their weight. They were not awful, but Rara dropped big passes, Will clammed up under pressure like he always does and stared down receivers, and his lack of athleticism really hurt us. I'm ready for a change at QB and HC. Hwever, the TEAM as a whole kept the score close, and thus the TEAM as a whole was competitive.

vCash
    Yes there were bad calls and we were close at the half because of special teams. Will Rogers was awful but when he was able to somehow get the ball to the receivers they forgot how to catch. Oline played very well. Running backs can't make anyone miss. I've never seen our talent level this low across the board. We have no speed at linebacker and for the first time in a while no studs on the Dline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    The TEAM was competitive with the #1 team in the country at the half. Hell, well into the 3rd we were giving them more than they wanted. The score is a TEAM result, and the score was close.

If you want to isolate the offense, no they did not pull their weight. They were not awful, but Rara dropped big passes, Will clammed up under pressure like he always does and stared down receivers, and his lack of athleticism really hurt us. I'm ready for a change at QB and HC. Hwever, the TEAM as a whole kept the score close, and thus the TEAM as a whole was competitive.
    We're 1-3 in our last 4 games. We've underperformed in all 4 using Vegas lines. We haven't broken 400 yards or 5 yds/play in any of those games. You're right... we killing it

vCash
    Not a ref guy but we got hosed on at least 2 occasions. Was closer game than score

vCash
    State doesn't have the players to beat the big boys. Three stars will not beat 5 stars very often. Until a lot more money goes into MSU's NIL fund this is the way it will always be.

vCash
    ED reasoning...

LSU 45 (home team)
    OM 20
    This was a blow out

Georgia 45 (road team)
    State 19
    Really competitive game

Personally, I think both were blow outs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    State doesn't have the players to beat the big boys. Three stars will not beat 5 stars very often. Until a lot more money goes into MSU's NIL fund this is the way it will always be.
    It should be good enough to score more than 10 offensive points against Kentucky though.

Vanderbilt did that.

vCash
    Our offense is not very good. There is no argument against that. I don't know if it ever can be consistently good but it's obviously not right now. I tried focusing on our receivers a few times last night and they don't seem to be open very often. Rogers often had plenty of time and still rushed the throw. A few times he felt pressure and rolled out but only wanted to throw the ball out of bounds. The receivers body language after a lot of series was pretty telling to me.
    It was very frustrating to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Our offense is not very good. There is no argument against that. I don't know if it ever can be consistently good but it's obviously not right now. I tried focusing on our receivers a few times last night and they don't seem to be open very often. Rogers often had plenty of time and still rushed the throw. A few times he felt pressure and rolled out but only wanted to throw the ball out of bounds. The receivers body language after a lot of series was pretty telling to me.
    It was very frustrating to watch.
    Time to load up on NIL and find new receivers in the portal. I think Leach is pretty frustrated with them too.