Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Dogs vs Dogs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    He’s honestly not very tough.

The OL has been really good this year and he still sucks and acts scared even when no one is there.

I guess you just love ignoring stats.

We have allowed less sacks than every team in the SEC except for 2. We allow the least amount of pressure in the SEC besides 2 teams. And that’s with us throwing it 60 times a game giving defenses way more opportunities to rush the QB and put pressure on him.

Despite that we have one of the best OL’s in the SEC after losing a 1st round LT.

And despite all that. Will is the worst passer in the SEC under pressure when it matters. Brady Cook at Missouri is even better than him.

The stats show that all you have to do is sneeze in Will’s direction and he folds like a lawn chair.

You’re way too emotional invested in Will Rogers.
    Youre throwing these stats around like its common knowledge or something. Im not even gonna ask you to show me where you are getting that from bc quite frankly I dont care. Anyone who can look out there and watch him play and then read and hear all the shit he hears and then say he aint tough? I will leave you on that one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Youre throwing these stats around like its common knowledge or something. Im not even gonna ask you to show me where you are getting that from bc quite frankly I dont care. Anyone who can look out there and watch him play and then read and hear all the shit he hears and then say he aint tough? I will leave you on that one
    You brought up toughness not me.

I didn?t just bring them out of thin air. It?s not hard to find if you actually try.

vCash
    Will,is bad, there is no question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    You brought up toughness not me.

I didn?t just bring them out of thin air. It?s not hard to find if you actually try.
    Oh ok.

vCash
    Guess how many Minshew had?or Dak?or Fitz.. If we took Minshew right now yall would pitch a bitch about it bc he went from NWCC to Troy to ECU to WSU. That doesnt help your argument
    It'll be okay Mr. Rogers. This will all be over soon.

vCash
    Will is not good when it matters.

He overthrows people deep. He is less mobile than tyler Russell, with awful pocket movement. He doesn't see the field well when he's worried he wont' have time to throw, even if the OL ultimately protects him well that play.

On the positives, he knows the offense, he's accurate when calm, he sees the field well when calm, and he's a good kid. BUT, he's only calm when we're up big or playing a bad team at home.

He's just not that good. Stetson Bennett was better than him in every way- accuracy, avoiding pressure, running, arm strength, and making clutch plays when needed. Rogers has been a great bridge QB to LEach can install his system but he aint it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It'll be okay Mr. Rogers. This will all be over soon.
    There we go

Banned
    vCash
    Will ain't it. I want him to be. Good kid. Miles of heart. But he just doesn't have it.

He can't scramble well. He has 0 arm strength / accuracy on the run. He refuses to throw it outside the hashes more than 5 yards downfield. He just isn't good enough for this system.

This system has shown signs of working, but the Will Rogers experiment needs to be over. He can't do it. Time to let one of these 4-Star talents let it rip.

vCash
    Guess how many Minshew had?or Dak?or Fitz.. If we took Minshew right now yall would pitch a bitch about it bc he went from NWCC to Troy to ECU to WSU. That doesnt help your argument
    I'll take Minshew. I usually trust a coach like Leach to know what he is looking for. But Will ain't Minshew. Did you see last TD pass? Will almost threw the RB flare but then caught a wide ass open Harvey out corner of his eye. I think that happens more than it should. And Will don't like any kind of pressure around him .. regardless of what you say. and he either stares down receivers or telegraph passes to much IMO too. That 4th down flare to Marks is an example.

You could have a point about receivers which is on the coaching staff IMO.

Ultimately tho, it's on the coaches and specifically Leach for anything that is amiss. Whether it's Will, receivers, RBs, Online or whatever.

ETA: And I never see Will talking things over with the offense between series, or looking at pics of defensive alignments by other team. That's also on Will IMO.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-13-2022 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'll take Minshew. I usually trust a coach like Leach to know what he is looking for. But Will ain't Minshew. Did you see last TD pass? Will almost threw the RB flare but then caught a wide ass open Harvey out corner of his eye. I think that happens more than it should. And Will don't like any kind of pressure around him .. regardless of what you say. and he either stares down receivers or telegraph passes to much IMO too. That 4th down flare to Marks is an example.

Ultimately tho, it's on the coaches and specifically Leach for anything that is amiss. Whether it's Will, receivers, RBs, Online or whatever.
    To recap. Will throws ball downfield? We bitch. Even tho 75 percent of the time nobody is open. Then when they do actually run a good route they drop it. Will throws it short? We bitch. He has noodle arm. Will throws it away? We bitch. He misses wide open WRs. Will gets sacked? He has stone feet even though we throw it over and over and over.

Did I miss anything? When do we start rumors about his sexual preferences

vCash

I think leach is stuck because Will know the system and the only alternative is a redshirt freshman. Next year I think leach has to go with Sawyer. Locke is probably the best q b we have but may be a year away. The other alternative is to bring in grad transfer who has played in a spread passing attack, that’s what he did with Minshew.

Will,is severely
    L8miting the offense. I saw that last year and it’s taken a year for people to admit it. It’s obvious now.

Next year the schedule is easy enough we can win 9 games with Will but he really limits the offense and the team. He’s the worst q b leach has ever had other Halliday in Leachs first year at WSU. He’s bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, did we pull these punters we have randomly off the sidewalk???
    No, 88, Georgepolus, is a portal guy from that FB powerhouse UMass.

vCash
    To recap. Will throws ball downfield? We bitch. Even tho 75 percent of the time nobody is open. Then when they do actually run a good route they drop it. Will throws it short? We bitch. He has noodle arm. Will throws it away? We bitch. He misses wide open WRs. Will gets sacked? He has stone feet even though we throw it over and over and over.

Did I miss anything? When do we start rumors about his sexual preferences
    To add clarity: I haven't bitched about him throwing downfield. But it ain't gonna be open if he stares down the receiver the whole way down the damn field. On the 25 or so yd pass to Walley, he faked the flare and Walley was wide open. Will's ready to get rid of the ball the second it hits his hands. I do think his arm strength is a liability when he's on the move, but not so much if he's set. And I don't give a shit what his sexual preference is. I just want him to be a good, tough QB.

ETA: And on stone feet, he does like to stand flat footed back there too. He should be more on the balls of his feet otherwise, it's hard to adjust quickly to the width of the field if you're throwing to 3rd or 4th option, which he never gets to anyway.

vCash
    To add clarity: I haven't bitched about him throwing downfield. But it ain't gonna be open if he stares down the receiver the whole way down the damn field. On the 25 or so yd pass to Walley, he faked the flare and Walley was wide open. Will's ready to get rid of the ball the second it hits his hands. I do think his arm strength is a liability when he's on the move, but not so much if he's set. And I don't give a shit what his sexual preference is. I just want him to be a good, tough QB.

ETA: And on stone feet, he does like to stand flat footed back there too. He should be more on the balls of his feet otherwise, it's hard to adjust quickly to the width of the field if you're throwing to 3rd or 4th option, which he never gets to anyway.
    He’s a really poor athlete. Not quick with his feet, not strong physically and a weak,arm....all,of that can be compensated for if he was gritty, fearless and hangs in the pocket to the last second, unfortunately he plays scared.

It’s just a really bad combination.

I don’t think as a third year player any of that can be changed.

Leach needs to move on, will is a security blanket because he knows the system, but my goodness he is holding the offense back. I’ve seen just about every leach q b going back to kings bury and none of them had this bad combination. Halliday was bad but he wasn’t scared. Cumbie was slow but had a good arm and was tough,

We really need to upgrade. This offense is so q b centric, everything runs through the q b. If you brought in a Minshew type player we could come close to 10-11 wins next year. Either will or Sawyer can win nine next year, but sawyers ceiling is so much higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    He’s a really poor athlete. Not quick with his feet, not strong physically and a weak,arm....all,of that can be compensated for if he was gritty, fearless and hangs in the pocket to the last second, unfortunately he plays scared.

It’s just a really bad combination.

I don’t think as a third year player any of that can be changed.

Leach needs to move on, will is a security blanket because he knows the system, but my goodness he is holding the offense back. I’ve seen just about every leach q b going back to kings bury and none of them had this bad combination. Halliday was bad but he wasn’t scared. Cutie was slow but had a good arm and was tough,

We really need to upgrade. This offense is so q b centric, everything runs through the q b. If you brought in a Minshew type player we could come close to 10-11 wins next year. Either will or Sawyer can win nine next year, but sawyers ceiling is so much higher.
    I agree especially on QB centric and 3rd year player parts. Defenses only have to defend half the field with Will. From whatever side his presnap read is to the middle of the field. That's why there are so many passes (even completions) with 2 or more D players right there too.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-13-2022 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    I agree especially on QB centric and 3rd year player parts. Defenses only have to defend half the field with Will. From whatever side his presnap read is to the middle of the field. That's why there are so many passes (even completions) with 2 or more D players right there too.
    He can?t stretch the field because he struggles to throw it forty yards down field, can?t throw it to the far hashwith zip and is no threat to run, so that?s easy to defend. He also gets rid of the ball right away, doesn?t progress through his reads if he gets even a hint of pressure, that can be seen on film.

He?s a guy who should have been a career third stringer clip board holder and went into coaching.

I think with the week to week pressure of the sec Leach hasn?t been willing to break in a new q b because you can easily drop,a,game or two like that and with the #2 sos you can?t afford to.

Leach has to be willing to think,long and hard about this in the off season and go a different way, it?s getting too damn apparent.