Thread: Off topic - Eating Thanksgiving Dinner with Bama Fans

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Off topic - Eating Thanksgiving Dinner with Bama Fans

So I am heading to my wife's family's house for Thanksgiving, and low and behold they are literally all bama fans, and one auburn fan. I want to prepare a list of items to help the Bama Fans cope with a football team that drastically playing below expectations. As MSU fans, we know what it is like to be in this position, and Bama fans haven't dealt with this type of football situation in a long time.

So I need help with a list of things as "Pointers" on how to deal with a failure of a football season.

Example:
    When dealing with a football team that isn't playing up to expectations, fanbases typically first thing said..... well we are a basketball school now.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Or you can tell them to wait till next year!!!

vCash
    On the bright side, they'll get to travel to a new location instead of playing in the same bowl game every year.

vCash
    Tell them to just repeat, "We Believe".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Tell them to just repeat, "We Believe".
    Adding it to the list. By the way, I am going to bring this up while the entire family is waiting on the blessing of the Thanksgiving Lunch. I need a good list, that will give them a good dig.

vCash
    I mean, If they are going to call holding, what can you do?

vCash
    Tell them, at least, we're eating turkey now, not "Dead Bear", which they previous lived on for many past years!. ****

vCash
    Memphis is a great place to go during bowl season. Easy to get to, tickets are aplenty, and it gives you plenty of time to watch other games after Dec 28.

vCash
    I want to start a list of items for you to help you through spending that much time with Bama fans. May I suggest Tito’s at #1.

vCash
    Tell them to look at the bright side. In the Spring meetings Greg Byrne will be heading up the Referee Training Conference on what constitutes holding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Tell them to look at the bright side. In the Spring meetings Greg Byrne will be heading up the Referee Training Conference on what constitutes holding.
    I don't guess you have to be from Alabama to be a SEC referee, but I bet it helps, central location in the conference and all.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    So I am heading to my wife's family's house for Thanksgiving, and low and behold they are literally all bama fans, and one auburn fan. I want to prepare a list of items to help the Bama Fans cope with a football team that drastically playing below expectations. As MSU fans, we know what it is like to be in this position, and Bama fans haven't dealt with this type of football situation in a long time.

So I need help with a list of things as "Pointers" on how to deal with a failure of a football season.

Example:
    When dealing with a football team that isn't playing up to expectations, fanbases typically first thing said..... well we are a basketball school now.
    I would remind them that it?s just a game and that what?s really important is the sense of pride and community that comes from cheering with a group of fans that have the shared experience of all getting their High school diploma or GED. Hell, if the wheels keep falling off it could make it where they could actually go to a bama football game in Tuscaloosa and actually be on campus for the first time.

vCash
    "Isn't it nice to have so much more legroom on the Alabama bandwagon?"

"What's it like to half half your fanbase standing in Walmart staring lustfully at Georgia t-shirts?"

"Have you noticed the uptick in wife beatings and dog kickings in trailer parks around the southeast? Wonder what caused that?"