Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auburn Coaching Search Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    There's probably some on this board that would take Elko over Leach today. Luckily, I'm not one of them.

Matt Rhule is currently without a job and a big time college hire waiting to happen. If a program like Auburn's can't pull serious interest from someone like Rhule then there's some smoldering dumpster fire level stuff going on in the background we aren't seeing.

I'm thinking there's some serious push back on Freeze from SEC HQ. This would have been a done deal otherwise.

Lanning staying at Oregon is huge. Lane probably has his sights set on something other than Auburn. He may be waiting on Jimbo to get fired next year. A&M is a sleeping giant.

When the insiders on your board are prepping you for a possible Mike Elko hire you know it's bad.

I really think A&M will lose to Auburn saturday night and of course they lose to LSU also

I really wonder if they will fire him at 4-8 because nobody should believe for one second he will change anything he is doing

Imagine this

Bjork: Jimbo you need to hire an OC
    Jimbo: NO
    Bjork: Hire an OC or we are going to have to pay you 85 million dollars
    Jimbo: No

vCash
    Jimbo is holding all the cards in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Cohen has no say in the hire.
    Truth.

Aint no damn way they hired him to make that decision for them. They hired him to STFU and go sit in your office til we give you something to say in front of a camera or on twitter. Or to go speak at the Opelika/Bessemer//Montgomery qb club on some random weekday night (enjoy the power point).

Nice gig if you can get it.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 11-09-2022 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Once Cohen was hired the ship sailed on freeze
    Cohen will announce who the new HC is. That is all. I imagine the reason the ship sailed on Freeze was because the SEC Office told Auburn that hiring Freeze would not be in their best interest with their office if Auburn hired Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't think Cohen has any impact on that. I think if Auburn keeps striking out, the decision over whether to roll the dice on telling the SEC to 17 off and offer Freeze will be above Cohen's pay grade. If he has an impact, it will be because he convinces them to make one more offer to a coach they were on the fence about before making the decision on Freeze.
    If the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC and Auburn says screw you and hires him anyway, that would be more than stupid unless Auburn was planning on moving to another conference, If you are an SEC school you don't want to upset or make the SEC Office mad. Just like Saban backed off hiring Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC and Auburn says screw you and hires him anyway, that would be more than stupid unless Auburn was planning on moving to another conference, If you are an SEC school you don't want to upset or make the SEC Office mad. Just like Saban backed off hiring Freeze.
    I don’t think Saban helped himself with that dumbass arrogant move.

vCash
    Im still predicting Kiffin to auburn

My auburn alum coworker who is from an auburn family.

He told me that the Dan Lanning stuff is all just Lanning trying to get a pay raise from oregon

They are seriously targeting kiffin and are going to go all in and make him say no multiple times.

They believe he is the only coach that can compete against alabama, georgia, and LSU on a yearly basis at Auburn.

They would be happy with Freeze but like many have said, he is blackballed from the SEC and wont be returning anytime soon until Sankey retires.

vCash
    He has called a gag on the discussion til the egg bowl clock hits all zero's. then a shoe will drop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I really think A&M will lose to Auburn saturday night and of course they lose to LSU also

I really wonder if they will fire him at 4-8 because nobody should believe for one second he will change anything he is doing

Imagine this

Bjork: Jimbo you need to hire an OC
    Jimbo: NO
    Bjork: Hire an OC or we are going to have to pay you 85 million dollars
    Jimbo: No
    An AD is not going to tell a HC who to hire with an ultimatum that he will be fired if he doesn't. An AD can suggest certain things and tell the HC what his expectations are and goals are but he is not going to micromanage or shouldn't anyway. Then it is up to the HC to either sink, or swim based on his decisions made. I'm not saying a coach can't get fired for any reason but just that the AD doesn't tell him who to hire or who to play or who to recruit. No coach would coach under those terms.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-10-2022 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    He has called a gag on the discussion til the egg bowl clock hits all zero's. then a shoe will drop
    My thinking is the shoe will drop after OM's bowl game if it does.. If they have a chance to move up in the poll with a win in their bowl game I can't see Kiffin leaving till after then if the Auburn job is his, but who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    My thinking is the shoe will drop after OM's bowl game if it does.. If they have a chance to move up in the poll with a win in their bowl game I can't see Kiffin leaving till after then if the Auburn job is his, but who knows.
    Lane is not sticking around for a bowl game if he wants another job. Last year his agent was working his name everywhere, well before any bowl game.
    I wonder if word starts to leak out prior to the egg bowl. That would be great. Kill the fan base enthusiasm at TSUN before the game, and maybe the mood of the players. Welcome to our Dan Mullen era egg bowls, Ole Miss.

vCash
    Saturday vs Alabama is biggly for Kiffin and Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Lane is not sticking around for a bowl game if he wants another job. Last year his agent was working his name everywhere, well before any bowl game.
    I wonder if word starts to leak out prior to the egg bowl. That would be great. Kill the fan base enthusiasm at TSUN before the game, and maybe the mood of the players. Welcome to our Dan Mullen era egg bowls, Ole Miss.
    No way they keep a lid on that till a bowl game. If Kiffin is leaving for Auburn it will be heavily rumored by Egg week. Then I have Rebel tears to enjoy with my turkey and pumpkin pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Saturday vs Alabama is biggly for Kiffin and Auburn.
    If Kiffin beats Bama the Auburn faithful will offer up first born daughters and their very souls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    No way they keep a lid on that till a bowl game. If Kiffin is leaving for Auburn it will be heavily rumored by Egg week. Then I have Rebel tears to enjoy with my turkey and pumpkin pie.

If Kiffin beats Bama the Auburn faithful will offer up first born daughters and their very souls.
    Maybe their first born daughters, their souls were lost years ago.

vCash
    Thing is with early signing day, it doesn't help the coach to keep it under wraps. Their next job is their priority. If there wasn't an early signing day, wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    That being said, I think if it's announced Kiffen is leaving they'll rally around him because they love him so much. That's not to say they won't be disappointed. They just better hope he doesn't take his best players with him, or recruits like Mullen did

vCash
    Don't read too much into that, every agent does it, just to increase the coaches current salary if nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Thing is with early signing day, it doesn't help the coach to keep it under wraps. Their next job is their priority. If there wasn't an early signing day, wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    That being said, I think if it's announced Kiffen is leaving they'll rally around him because they love him so much. That's not to say they won't be disappointed. They just better hope he doesn't take his best players with him, or recruits like Mullen did
    This is the issue. With early signing day, Auburn isn't going to want to even wait until the end of the regular season. At the very least, they are going to demand (and really should demand) that their coach be calling recruits no later than the two days after the end of the regular season, so the coach can at least pretend the deal got done the day after the end of the regular season. Without early signing period, it would be better for the new school for the coach to finish up the regular season strong. Hell, you could even arguably justify coaching through the bowl game based on a win being another feather in the cap to show recruits. I think coaches rarely went that route b/c of the risk of loss and schools not wanting a distracted coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is the issue. With early signing day, Auburn isn't going to want to even wait until the end of the regular season. At the very least, they are going to demand (and really should demand) that their coach be calling recruits no later than the two days after the end of the regular season, so the coach can at least pretend the deal got done the day after the end of the regular season. Without early signing period, it would be better for the new school for the coach to finish up the regular season strong. Hell, you could even arguably justify coaching through the bowl game based on a win being another feather in the cap to show recruits. I think coaches rarely went that route b/c of the risk of loss and schools not wanting a distracted coach.
    I think the transfer portal has negated this. Especially with the NIL money that the barn will throw around, they'll want to get seasoned transfers in who can have an immediate impact.

vCash
    The reason they fired Harsin already was to get a start on hiring another before signing day. Auburn will name a coach by the SEC championship game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    The players might rally around him because they want to impress and go with him. Kidding. But I do think it leaking out will kill the fanbase enthusiasm prior to the game.