Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auburn Coaching Search Rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The players might rally around him because they want to impress and go with him. Kidding. But I do think it leaking out will kill the fanbase enthusiasm prior to the game.
    When it leaked out Mullen was going to Tennessee it felt pretty crappy. Then Fitz got Fitzed and then all enthusiasm vanished.

I would love the Kiffin to Auburn news to break Thanksgiving afternoon then we beat them soundly in the Egg that night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is the issue. With early signing day, Auburn isn't going to want to even wait until the end of the regular season. At the very least, they are going to demand (and really should demand) that their coach be calling recruits no later than the two days after the end of the regular season, so the coach can at least pretend the deal got done the day after the end of the regular season. Without early signing period, it would be better for the new school for the coach to finish up the regular season strong. Hell, you could even arguably justify coaching through the bowl game based on a win being another feather in the cap to show recruits. I think coaches rarely went that route b/c of the risk of loss and schools not wanting a distracted coach.
    The news of Auburn's new coach will break the day after the iron bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The news of Auburn's new coach will break the day after the iron bowl
    Have a feeling it will start hitting rumor message boards the week of.

vCash
    Maybe they should consider Cadillac Williams. He seems like a pretty good coach to me. I know ESPN is infatuated with him as much as they showed him in our game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Maybe they should consider Cadillac Williams. He seems like a pretty good coach to me. I know ESPN is infatuated with him as much as they showed him in our game.
    Based on what? One game?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Based on what? One game?
    Probably from the way he waved his towel. Definitely got lessons from Trooper Taylor.***

vCash
    No one in SEC is hiring Freeze because they know Ole Miss will try to bury that team by making all of Hugh?s dirty secrets public. That has to be reason because there is no way Freeze shouldn?t be back in the SEC by now.

vCash
    There are plenty shark fan booster types who never want their named mentioned in the same sentence with Freeze.

vCash
    Cadillac works great as an interim, but I don’t think he is head coach material based off of how he carried himself on the sideline. He just seemed to get too high and too low.

vCash
    Apparently sarcasm. If not God bless him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Probably from the way he waved his towel. Definitely got lessons from Trooper Taylor.***
    Lol, indeed! Those were crazy times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post
    No one in SEC is hiring Freeze because they know Ole Miss will try to bury that team by making all of Hugh?s dirty secrets public. That has to be reason because there is no way Freeze shouldn?t be back in the SEC by now.
    You think Ole Miss is going to air their dirty laundry about hiring women to interact with recruits just to get back at Hugh Freeze?

If he doesn't get back in the SEC, it will be because the SEC does not want to risk that dirty laundry getting reaired, and possibly because Freeze is still collecting skeletons in his closet and he doesn't want to go to a conference where there will be increased scrutiny on his personal life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState2008 View Post
    Apparently the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC, and that should be as good of a reason as there is. I had mentioned in a thread a while back that Freeze embarrassed the SEC Office and the SEC, as a major P5 Conference, big time and on a national stage. Difficult to forget that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Apparently the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC, and that should be as good of a reason as there is. I had mentioned in a thread a while back that Freeze embarrassed the SEC Office and the SEC, as a major P5 Conference, big time and on a national stage. Difficult to forget that.
    I think Freeze is going to wind up at someplace like West Virginia. And he'll have them a top 10 team by his third year there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think Freeze is going to wind up at someplace like West Virginia. And he'll have them a top 10 team by his third year there.
    Or Fl State or somewhere that he has a good chance at getting to the CFP, especially when it expands to 12 teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Or Fl State or somewhere that he has a good chance at getting to the CFP, especially when it expands to 12 teams.
    I still think people are overestimating his coaching ability. He cheated to get recruits. There's no longer cheating required. Everyone else can outbid him for those recruits. I guess time will tell because he's about to get a big job. It'll be Auburn if Kiffin doesn't take that job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I still think people are overestimating his coaching ability. He cheated to get recruits. There's no longer cheating required. Everyone else can outbid him for those recruits. I guess time will tell because he's about to get a big job. It'll be Auburn if Kiffin doesn't take that job.
    He won before he got to Ole Miss and he's winning at Liberty. He cheated to get some top line recruits, but he still wasn't out talenting teams top to bottom and he had to do a good job coaching to win with those recruits. He's not a great coach, but I think he's a really good coach as far as game day coaching and running his system. I think his personality quirks and having a messiah complex will always create risks though, so that may cause him to ultimately be somewhere between pretty good and really good.

vCash
    He's winning with recruiting classes ranked in the low 100s. He's a good coach... which kills me to say.

vCash
    If the SEC Office does not want Freeze back in the SEC, Auburn will not hire him. They don't want to be on the bad side of the SEC Office. No SEC school does. If you could go against the wishes of the SEC Office without any issues or repercussions then Freeze would probably be in Tuscaloosa right now.

vCash
    Y?all need to get over this whole ?cheated? thing. Everybody and I mean everybody cheated including Jopa since 1942. It?s just that the NCAA arbittrally decided who would go on probation since then in a non judicial manner.