Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady dawgs play tonight on SECN +. Looking forward to see how Purcell actually can

vCash

Lady dawgs play tonight on SECN +. Looking forward to see how Purcell actually can

coach. I think we may be in for a big Suprise on how good this team can be!

vCash
    Look forward to it as well.

vCash
    On paper we can compete with almost anyone in the nation. Our top players:

Anastasia Hayes 18.6 ppg 4.5 rebs 3.1 apg
    Jerkaila Jordan 13.6 ppg 5.6 rpg 2 apg
    Jessika Carter 14.9 ppg 4.4 rpg 2 apg
    Denae Carter 6.1 ppg 8.1 ppg 2.1 bpg

Then you add our talented transfers from St. Bonnie, Louisville, Florida State, Miami who have all played major minutes at a high level and we should be a really good team. Can't forget freshman Debreasha Powe either who Purcell personally said she's been killing in practice. We have the size, scoring, talent and depth...... the only question is will Purcell be a good coach? The man can recruit, but has never been a head coach.. if he is what we hope he is as a coach with this talent, we are going to be really good

vCash
    Quite a few new faces but team loaded with high talent level and experience, new coach with a very positive attitude..appears a players coach. Also, hard working players and staff...Coach Purcell era. Anastasia Hayes, Jessika Carter first 2 names that come to mind. Also Jerkaila Jordan, and these transfers really good as well Louisville's transfer Ahlana Smith and the St Bonaventure transfer Asianae Johnson are 2 really good guards as well. Returning starter Denae Carter coming off injury. Florida State transfer Kourtney Webber. Been hearing good things about freshman D. Powe. Freshman Palmer coming off injury is very talented..upside, the other Louisville transfer (Ramani Parker), St Bonaventure transfer, the Miami transfer Nyayongah Gony, other good players on the roster not mentioned. Team appears loaded, deep.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-10-2022 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    I am sure it has to do with the opponent but Lady Dawgs lead after 1 Q 28-8, shooting 80%.

vCash
    Twenty-five bench points. What a difference a year and a full roster makes.

vCash
    vic 2.0............this team is loaded and dangerous.......very impressed! POWELL is a superstar in the making.

vCash
    Ladies up big at the half and my Pens putting it on the punkass Capitals. It’s a good sports night.

vCash
    So far so good!

vCash
    Man it sure is good seeing Jessika back again.

vCash
    final 104-47 state 2 players with 16 points and one with 18...jessica carter 16 points 10 rebounds. lady dawgs are back

vCash
    That was a fun season opener.

vCash
    I know it was against Valley but we have so many versatile scorers. The scary part is our best gaurd Anastasia Hayes only took 4 shots and only finished with 3 points. She did have 8 assist though, once she decides to turn up the scoring we are going to be scary. This may be a special season

vCash
    This team already had some basketball talent but when you add Jessika, the freshmen players, and the players who transferred here this is a loaded team. We have more players than some probably realize who were highly recruited players coming out of high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    vic 2.0............this team is loaded and dangerous.......very impressed! POWELL is a superstar in the making.
    Agree and Ahlana Smith really looked good too, as well as some other players.

vCash
    Purcell is an awesome coach. Check out his presser after the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JYIZiqOHdw

Let's get out and show up to the games and support him and these girls. We have a chance to have a special season. We also already have a top 25 recruiting class for 2023 and will probably sign 2 or 3 more top 100 girls:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...top-25-classes
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 11-10-2022 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Post game hearing Purcell mentioning overcoming things , including a narrative. Wasn't the ole miss coach Yo doing some serious negative recruiting on him, especially in trying to get transfers?

vCash
    How can you not like that guy after listening to that post game presser! I hope he has a long and successful run here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Post game hearing Purcell mentioning overcoming things , including a narrative. Wasn't the ole miss coach Yo doing some serious negative recruiting on him, especially in trying to get transfers?
    I really hope he succeeds and retires here. Of all of our coaches, he's probably the most likeable here. He seems to really love his players and so far is walking the talk. Yes, there will be some growing pains with him being a new coach, but I for one look forward to ride of seeing him succeed. Because right now, he looks poised to have a very special team with some great girls, not just great players.

vCash
    i feel just the opposite with him as i did moohead in football. i thought moohead was a bad bad hire from the start. i think this was a great hire he is as good as recruiter as Vic and may turn out to be a better x's and O's than him. Vic was hardheaded sometimes and wouldn't switch up defenses as need we shall see about Sam.