Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OM gets to experience something Saturday that we have experienced way too much

vCash

OM gets to experience something Saturday that we have experienced way too much

That is playing Bama right after a Bama loss. I think Saban will have his team well focused for that game and the older players will also make sure everybody is fired up, prepared and ready to play. It has been 2007, Saban' first year at Bama, since he has lost back to back games, and I don't see Bama letting that happen Saturday. Some may think that Bama has given up and their season is over since the LSU loss. If any players have given up (which I don't see that) then Saban would have them sitting on the bench or possibly in the future looking for another school. In this particular situation - "Roll Tide".

vCash
    I dunno ... 7's got me a little concerned Bama might pack it in a little since they got 2 losses. That would be some shit right there now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I dunno ... 7's got me a little concerned Bama might pack it in a little since they got 2 losses. That would be some shit right there now.
    Guess with this game following the lsu game, lsu losing or in a close game could change things.

vCash
    Yep. This could be the season Saban has a Come to Jesus meeting with himself about the future. If he loses three games that's the Alabama equivalent of the wheels falling off the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep. This could be the season Saban has a Come to Jesus meeting with himself about the future. If he loses three games that's the Alabama equivalent of the wheels falling off the program.
    And I also wonder if the "kinder/gentler Saban" might throw a peace bone to Kiffin since they can accept a down year now. I don't see that but ... there is absolutely no way OM should even be able to make this game close. LSU destroyed OM after their initial run. And I read somewhere (not sure it's true), that LSU only has 40 or so scholarship players this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Guess with this game following the lsu game, lsu losing or in a close game could change things.
    And I'm sure Kiffin doing his best Hugh Freeze imitation in designing some stuff Bama ain't seen yet. Another nice twist to OM's schedule is the off week while Bama was in a war with LSU.

vCash
    Idk I hate pissville U as much as the next state fan. But living in Bama and having to hear it for the past 15 years and watching every announcer have to clean up their drool stains after each bama game. I can’t tell you how nice it would be to see them go 9-3 gosh how great 8-4 this year. Man it would just be fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Idk I hate pissville U as much as the next state fan. But living in Bama and having to hear it for the past 15 years and watching every announcer have to clean up their drool stains after each bama game. I can’t tell you how nice it would be to see them go 9-3 gosh how great 8-4 this year. Man it would just be fantastic.
    I live in Bama too and yea you're right ... I probably wouldn't care much either way if it weren't for OM's shot at SEC and 10 win season. Their schedule this year has ended up being setup up real nice for them, except for playing Arky before us but then, Arky sucks this year WTF.

vCash
    I live in Bama too and yea you're right ... I probably wouldn't care much either way if it weren't for OM's shot at SEC and 10 win season. Their schedule this year has ended up being setup up real nice for them, except for playing Arky before us but then, Arky sucks this year WTF.
    Yeah, I thought at one point in time that ARK could give OM problems in Fayetteville but I've gone to the hope they can have some good luck and OM have some bad luck and ARK can somehow pull out a win which at this point in time doesn't appear to be likely.

vCash
    And I also wonder if the "kinder/gentler Saban" might throw a peace bone to Kiffin since they can accept a down year now. I don't see that but ... there is absolutely no way OM should even be able to make this game close. LSU destroyed OM after their initial run. And I read somewhere (not sure it's true), that LSU only has 40 or so scholarship players this year.
    Playing at Vaught-Hemingway at 2:30 in the afternoon is nothing like the noise factor and playing LSU at night in Tiger Stadium which even seemed to rattle some of Bama's experienced players in that environment.

vCash
    Meh, like others have mentioned, it's not the same. Bama players may have mailed it in after this past Saturday.

vCash
    I don't see Bama packing it in, and still think Bama will win and put up some good offensive numbers, but if for some unknown reason the team does pack it in, then I could see Saban considering his retirement options.

vCash
    Lane beats Saban, Saban retires, Bama hires Lane.

vCash
    I'm not sure Bama knows how to win for less. Bama can win if they really want to, however.

vCash
    Everybody keeps saying Bama is falling, but the last time they lost 3 SEC games in a season (2010) Saban won the National Title the next two years. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Bama start out a little slow then blow the brakes off Ole Miss this Saturday.

vCash
    I see Lane getting his most desperate need......beating Saban. If Bama can run and tackle in space they win. I’m afraid they sold their soul to the devil going to the passing offense gods and have lost that “we will ram it down your throats and you will like it....” feeling. JMHO.....hope I’m wrong.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I don?t know. Now they have nothing to play for. I could see the opposite happen.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I don't see Bama packing it in, and still think Bama will win and put up some good offensive numbers, but if for some unknown reason the team does pack it in, then I could see Saban considering his retirement options.
    Saban quitting because he doesn?t get his way. That would be so Saban of him.

vCash
    Ole Miss should win this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ole Miss should win this game.

I wouldn’t go that far.

Bama is liable to run for 300 on that defense. Ole Miss will not do the same to them.