Thread: Leach just did something Mullen never did

vCash

Leach just did something Mullen never did

By beating Auburn and Texas A&M in the same season two years in a row. That's my positive from tonight.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    He's also going to do something else Mullen never did, lose to Ole Miss 3 straight times.....

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I get what you are saying, but comparing the two is pointless.

This is all that matters, the team getting better and getting to a position we can win the West.

Leach is not getting us closer to that goal. Could he, yes. Is he currently, no. I don?t know what needs to be done, but this week in and week out where we have 1.5-3 quarters a game where our offense shits the bed on every level cannot happen. It cost us at LSU. We didn?t get off the bus against Kentucky. We literally have not played a complete game all year on offense. Not even against the non-conference foes.

Are we closer today than we were under Croom, yes. Mullen, no. Morehead, yes.

This is an issue of leadership. Leadership from the coaching staff. Weak personalities throughout our offensive side of the ball. How many games has our offense totally disappeared and left our defense hanging out to dry?

Tired of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    He's also going to do something else Mullen never did, lose to Ole Miss 3 straight times.....
    I have no doubt that we have the worst ?fans? in America.

vCash
    I will say this again, maybe coach will read it...... Tempo has to be part of our game. Tempo without subbing players. We have to keep their defense on the field. We have to get up to the line and make a quick adjustment and snap the ball. Call a play, let Rogers look at the defense, adjust or snap. It isn't that hard. Too often do we just let the defense get set. Think of our play calling like a throw in in Soccer. The faster your players go, the better it is. Sometimes, you do want to slow down for a play here and there. To dial up somehting.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I will say this again, maybe coach will read it...... Tempo has to be part of our game. Tempo without subbing players. We have to keep their defense on the field. We have to get up to the line and make a quick adjustment and snap the ball. Call a play, let Rogers look at the defense, adjust or snap. It isn't that hard. Too often do we just let the defense get set. Think of our play calling like a throw in in Soccer. The faster your players go, the better it is. Sometimes, you do want to slow down for a play here and there. To dial up somehting.
    Tempo would probably hurt the offense more. We're running 3 plays and not very efficient. We'd break records for the fastest 3 and outs

vCash
    Disagree. When we run a little tempo, our offense gets in a groove. The defense has to change into base defense and we get them tired. Check back at the Auburn game last year to see what I am talking about. We made a play call, we ran the play, and then got back to the line and snapped the ball with 22-25 seconds on the clock when we were in the right play for the coverage shown. Even if we check with the sideline, we hold their subs out of the game.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It honestly is crazy that we stay away from using tempo. Maybe it is a change of pace thing and we want to keep from using it primarily, but the times we have gone tempo in the last 3 years our offense just looks different. Tempo for us also opens up our run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It honestly is crazy that we stay away from using tempo. Maybe it is a change of pace thing and we want to keep from using it primarily, but the times we have gone tempo in the last 3 years our offense just looks different. Tempo for us also opens up our run game.
    The first quarter of the Auburn game we ran tempo. We looked good. Then - poof! - it goes away and the entire offense looks like they overdosed on NyQuil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think CML has been upset because we didn't snap the ball quick enough before the defense could adjust, or maybe I just dreamed that. It could be over thinking and trying to over analyze the defense before the ball is snapped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think CML has been upset because we didn't snap the ball quick enough before the defense could adjust, or maybe I just dreamed that. It could be over thinking and trying to over analyze the defense before the ball is snapped.
    He did say something to that effect. He thought Will was overthinking some stuff and just needed to snap the ball and run the play.